TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: General Discussions: Archive through February 10, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starting Jan 18th!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here is a contestant list. It's always being updated. Don't look if you don't want to know who makes it through!

http://theidolpad.blogspot.com/p/ai11-contestant-listing.html

Allietex

08-16-2002

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Scotty McCreery just won the New Country Artist of the Year award. Looks like he is on his way. Nice to see a winner being successful.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Go A*** W*** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Top 300 have been revealed!!! see VFTW for more info.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
David Archuleta has taken the missionary position.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It was nice to see Scotty's song "Clear as Day" is number 2 on the country top 10 list. WTO Scotty!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
WTO = WTG In other words, way to go Scotty. Sorry about that. I should never go for short cuts.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Scotty sang the National Anthem before the Panthers-Bucs game on 12/24 and he was incredible!! An article in the paper said he is wanting to make his baseball team this spring, which I can't imagine how he can juggle a career, school, and playing baseball.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
He is young and I hope he can do it all. I also hope his parents keep his feet to the ground. I think he is a good kid and really hope he stays that way. Love his voice.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I always knew Scotty would do well - I just didn't expect it would be so fast.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You know, realistically, if his managers would cooperate, it could happen. He could take the season off to play baseball, and it would make great PR for his career. In all reality it really isn't a huge amount of time - basically January-June...and won't he be a senior in high school next year anyway? If I were his parents I would seriously consider it...a kid is a high school senior only once in their life (well, most of them anyway), and he could still record and do a small amount of appearances to keep himself relevant and then enjoy his experiences as a high school senior...I wonder how long the line is going to be to be his prom date? (and to be even more cynical, they could easily film a lot of it and make it into a television special about how much of a "real" kid Scotty is...but I don't want to be that cynical...LOL!).

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I agree Roxip. When I think of some actors/actresses who took an hiatus and got their degree from Harvard and then continued with their career, successfully. If a person has talent then it won't go away in a brief amount of time. He needs to be a "kid" as long as possible, IMHO.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I want to be believe that but I'm not so sure. So many people's attention spans today remind me of fast food. People get hot very quickly and then cool very quickly. I'd be sadly inclined to say that anyone in the entertainment field should get as much as they can as quick as they can because the audience is so fickle. Taking a break at the start of a career is a huge risk.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Well, I just read he is with Brad Paisley on tour, so I doubt he can play baseball and tour at the same time. Brad sure is good to AI contestants since he let Kelli Pickler open for him a few years back.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Country tends to run a little different than pop...people tend to like the "down home" factor and the notion of a young boy going back to play high school baseball his senior year would go over with that demogratphic...it makes him seem more like "one of them" than the kids like the Biebs, who seems to have become a grownup in record time. But of course is there is a lucrative tour looming on the horizon then baseball will probably get put on a shelf.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That page I posted above on Dec 2 has updated with almost all the names for the top 12 girls and top 12 guys, if anybody wants to check if someone they liked in auditions made it to the first public voting live show week.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
One of the guys on your list got eliminated. I
Loved him and he was cute too. It had an asterisk
By his name and said "secretly eliminated".
What does that mean Najaf?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
naja - thanks for posting that link - I love watching Idol with the list!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Johnny keser is his name

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Gosh is no one watching AI this year?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of, sorta watching. The problem is once Survivor starts next week, I don't see the Wednesday night show until either Friday night or the weekend. I hate AI being on Wednesday night. I don't really care that the elimination show is on Thursday because I've never watched the elimination show - I'd rather have a tooth pulled than watch all that fluff. I really wish they would move it to Tuesday/Wednesday because I don't have much going on my viewing schedule on Tuesday night.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
They sure milked the scene of that poor girl falling off the stage. I'm sure she is embarrassed and they showed it over and over again! Tasteless!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm watching but we're a little behind. I wish that CBS would have kept Survivor on Thursday. I hate that it's on Wednesday. Thursday should be Survivor night!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree about CBS keeping Survivor on Thursday. I loved watching my Thursday shows knowing the next day was Friday - YAY !!!!

But I love Survivor more than Idol. I prefer to record Idol and watch it later because I can't stand the fluff. I don't want to see baby pictures, etc. etc. etc. I prefer to just listen to them sing and listen to judges' comments and I can knock the 2-hour show down to less than an hour with FF.