TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Battle Rounds!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: The Battle Rounds! users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 14, 2012Ketchuplover25 03-14-12  10:00 am
Archive through March 24, 2012Marameko25 03-24-12  5:02 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh sorry, Mamie! I'm on subscription, and I get it on my Galaxy Tab, too. So I usually download it Thursday night or early Friday morning on my Tab. The hardcopy comes in the mail on Friday.

I didn't realize Adam was that tall. I would've guessed he was shorter than 6'. It's been driving me nuts trying to figure out if he's a shortie, and I'm so proud to say I'm still crushing on him cuz, oh, yeah, he's taller than I am! (Now Blake, if I was crushing on him, would be perfect. I could wear my 5" CFMPs and he's STILL be taller than me!)

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
finally watched the show. omg erin, so bad. Lets face it, she dressed slutty and it guaranteed Cee lo would keep her.

the boys did a better job BUT they lost the vunerability they were supposed to show. They got overexcited and overdid it , in my opinion.

she is marketable. they kinda arent. not goodlooking enough and both are kinda pudgy.

HOWEVER i am really pleased the two pudgy women were kept. Superior tone and voices!

omg the lady with the green moomoo dress@@ someone please give her a makeover. she doesnt know how to dress. if you are that big you do NOT wear that tight band directly under your boobage.

horrific

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Don't be sorry, Costa. I used to subscribe and probably just should again.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Watched last night finally - so glad I'm not alone in thinking Erin was a total waste of pick. The boys might not be able to win, but they were much better than her.

A couple of Battles later, when Blake had to pick between Jermaine and the other gal, I really thought Blake was leaning toward the gal. I was gonna turn it off if he did.

So glad he picked Jermaine.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
From a cursory look at the final teams, I think Blake has the strongest team followed by Cee Lo. I don't see anyone on Christina's team winning, and neither do I see anyone on Adam's. But both Blake and Cee Lo have singers that have the potential to go all the way to the end.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Costa, finally got my People. I love the friendship the two of them have.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I was not impressed with last nights show, until the last battle. I was really rooting for Jason (he has Portland roots), but thought they were both amazing. Blake definitely has the stronger team, in my opinion. I like that they (the coaches) all have singers outside of their (the coaches) own genre. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. And I'm happy that Christina will finally be wearing a different outfit. :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
That last battle... what a tough decision Cee Lo hadda make!

Mamie, yeah, huh?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Adam took the last girl. I thought the guy was much better. Adam's usually hard-core at picking the best singer, so that one surprised me.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I can't remember who they were, but I think I do remember thinking he didn't pick a winner. The same with Christina's last pick. That's why I think both Blake and Cee Lo have the stronger teams.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I felt the same way! I was shocked he picked the girl, really surprised. Sometimes in the past, I've seen Blake favor a female who has a certain soft tone, over someone who may be better, but not seen Adam do it till now.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The only thing that I could think of was that Adam thought she had more growth potential than the guy. But, he sang so much better than her.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Which one are you talking about, Kooklie? It's not ringing any bells...what did they sing?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Adam picked the younger Mathai over the country Nicole. Is that who you were thinking of for Adam?

Adam also picked Karla over Orlando. Which sort of did surprise me.

Christina picked Moses over The Line. I wasn't a fan of him, but he did have more personality on stage. Then again, the female half of The Line had a real rotten 'tude when they walked off stage so I think Xtina did pick the right winner.

Blake's pick of Naia over Jordan was a no brainer. I really like her anyways.

I'm still not so sure of Cee Lo's pick of James over Wade. I think they both did pretty lousy, but I preferred Wade's old school vibe. I don't think James will do much other than get the teen vote.

And his last battle... Tony vs Justin? Seriously both of those guys should be on this show! I can't believe he had to pick. I do love Tony, and I'm glad he made it thru, but Justin has such a cool voice and vibe.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i disagree it was a no brainer. Jordan did a great job for someone who had never done harmonies And reggae.

Naia blew it. the song was practically HERS and she blew the keys, missed notes etc.

a solid performance from someone with Great tone and youth should have won over someone who blew a song which should have been easy for her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I looked it up. It was when he picked Karla over Orlando.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yup, Kooklie. Suprised me he did that. That was when I realized I didn't think he'd have a winner this year. I'm still not sure why he picked her. But time will tell soon enuf if Adam did the right thing or not, yes? :-)

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Yes, I remember Orlando and Karla now and was also suprised by that pick. Like I said earlier, there really weren't any standouts for me last night. I was rooting for Naia, but was disappointed in her performance, obviously she was too and she knows she got lucky. I didn't really like that pairing, I thought the country kid could have done better with a different song, that song favored Naia for sure.

I thought The Line did well, but the girl seemed like she was pretty stubborn and not happy that they had to do a song that wasn't country. She better learn to be more versatile.

I still feel bad for Jason...I hope something big happens for him soon.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i came when the show was in progress, the Line had just been told that they were not going thru. Talk about sour grapes. The girl was not gratious at all and refused to talk afterwards. Her poor partner seemed embarrassed about her behaviour.

I think i will watch the part i missed online, then I'll know what i missed !

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jewel, I agree and I think The Line's female singer may have been one reason why they weren't picked to win their battle. She really did have an attitude didn't she? And I agree about Justin (is that who you meant? in the last battle?)... But I do think something will happen. He really did well on Monday night and if *I* were trying to find new talent, he'd for sure be high up on my list. (I always wonder if the coaches will work with the singers afterwards, after the show. You know, help the ones they hadda let go?)

Jewels

09-22-2000

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Local article about Justin...

http://portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=133294409163866200

<<It was touted as the “battle you had to see to believe.”

Monday’s episode of the NBC singing competition “The Voice” saw Tigard native Justin Hopkins eliminated after a battle against teammate and friend Tony Vincent.

In February, the 31-year-old singer/songwriter from Tigard rocked his way to securing one of 12 seats on musical coach Cee Lo Green’s team.....>>

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Cool! I'm glad his excitement got reignited. And how cool to hear how close he (and his wife) are with Tony and HIS wife.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: