TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/01 - Top 25 Results Show

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/01 - Top 25 Results Show users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 01, 2012Nyheat25 03-02-12  12:48 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey and Nyheat, I agree with both of you.

We haven't had a female winner in what, 5 seasons? So what does the show do, first they bring back a guy after top 24 which I didn't agree with their choice. Then they pick 2 guys and only 1 girl in the wildcard round. I would have much rather seen Jen picked over Jeremy, Deandre or Jermaine.

I didn't understand all the drama and emotion coming from J-Lo over Jeremy. Nyheat, I think we all missed the story arc on him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome!

I agree with all of you. I was surprised by the Jeremy and Deandre judge's choices. I think there were better choices among the women.

Hard to understand where this show is headed at times. Too many young male winners who are all the same. I'm still waiting for a contestant to do something different and stand out. Where are the young "Elton John's", "Katy Perry's" and "Lady Gaga's"?

That said, I do have a better feeling about most of these finalists than I've had in the last few years.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Naja about Colton,and lay off the skinny jeans. Guys in skinny jeans=eewww.
I dont get Jermaine or Jeremy. Adam was hands down the best singer and he didnt even get a second chance. I think bc he wasnt cool enough ie not as marketable,but gee,neither are jeremy or jermaine.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I still don't get the Heejun love. I think he's a sweet, semi-funny guy, but I don't think he has an outstanding voice. I think that was a wasted place on the lineup. Just my opinion though.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I, too, liked Adam and do not understand the Deandre love. I think HeeJun has a good voice and a quirky sense of humor. I like him. Will he win? Probably not but he will be entertaining.

Colton is ..... I can't find the words for him. I just don't care for him.

Luanne

05-11-2011

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luanne a private message Print Post    
I do not post much but wanted to say I agree with all of you. Do not understand the Deandre love. He sure loves flipping his hair around. I like HeeJun but he should not have made it. Holly is my favorite. I hate that they did not give her any airtime during the auditions.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to hear Jimmy's comments...you could sure see where he was coming from. "Who will make the most money for us" Also who would have known that Jlo has such a tender heart? Did she get more aware of others after she had her twins?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But isn't that the point - they aren't putting on this competition for our benefit - they are trying to make money! I would have liked to have heard Jimmy's comments on the likes of Lee Dewyze, Kris Allen and David Cook - all of whom were winners and really likeable contestants but where are they now (okay, I realize that they are all still performing but have they had those huge careers that the anticipated when they won AI?).

HeeJun's fake glasses are offputting to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
HeeJun is entertaining, but he won't last that long, unless he improves drastically. He is pretty quick with the quips. He always makes us laugh.

I knew Deandre would make it through. Did you hear the girls screaming in the audience? Not my cup of tea, but he's pretty. The little girls will vote for him. I thought Eben would make it thru for the same reason. I agree they should have made him come back next year. He's just not ready. Maybe he can try out for The Voice or something.

Do not get the Jeremy love AT ALL. I couldn't understand a word he sang. What's the point of singing the lyrics if nobody can understand them?

DH and I were not fans of Brielle simply because of her pushy mother. I suspect a lot of voters felt the same. She's just not as good as she thinks she is. If you're going to attempt to sing Adele, you'd better kill it. How can anybody not suffer in comparison to her voice?

Reed was very talented, but way too over the top. So glad I don't have to see all those goofy faces anymore!

Adam was good, but too "old" for this competition. He just doesn't fit the demographics they're going for.

I think overall the choices are very good this year. No real clunkers in the bunch (no Tatianas!!!). It will be interesting to see how some of them grow and improve over the course of the season.

I agreed with nearly everything Jimmy Iovine said! The judging has not been very helpful so far. They just love and gush over everyone, even the ones who aren't so good. JLo's turning into Paula. When she doesn't have anything good to say, she'll throw out a "You look beautiful, baby!" Just can't bring herself to say anything mean.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
maybe they are stacking the deck with guys to give the girls a better chance of sticking around. If you ask me Colton, Deandre, Jeremy and HeeJun will leave first, this will allow the girls to get more comfortable and a bit more polish.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't expect Deandre to leave anytime soon, unless he falls down on stage...nope, even if he does that the teen factor will vote for him. I might even think he will go as far as top 6. Look, it has happened a lot in recent years when the voting has been dominated by teen girls. We have had several winners who were definitely not the best singers and/or entertainers their year but they won - not to say that they aren't really good guys and talented, but they aren't the big hits that American Idol really needs. I think Scotty might turn out to have a great selling history for AI and if he does expect to see more younger contestants who have better ability. I don't think Deandre is that person though. I think they should have put David Leathers through instead - I think he had a lot more charisma than Eben or Jeremy and would be more marketable in the long run.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Naja about Colton,and lay off the skinny jeans. Guys in skinny jeans=eewww

Can I just say Adam Levine? Yum.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about Colton, hair, etc.. Just want to put a bag over his head.

The teenagers didn't put Deandre into the finals..the judges did. But maybe some voted for Eben?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But did you hear the screams, Sea? The sad thing about the top 24 is that there are just so many of them, it dilutes the voting pool. The votes can't be focused on one candidate like they are later in the process, cause they're so spread out. I'm sure a lot of people voted for Eben. I just don't think he was ready for this. He was so nervous on Tuesday and didn't perform well at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Any ideas why they didn't feature Hollie more in the preliminary rounds and auditions? She's very good.

I liked Colton in the auditions but not so much now. I think he looks like Tom Cruise (not that that is bad).

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
From what I'm hearing at IdolForums, Hollie has quite a built-in following from making it to Hollywood last year. I also suspect that from her not making the cut last time, that she wasn't the "total package" that the powers that be were looking for. (as opposed to someone like Pia, who was arguably less talented but sexier.) So I don't think they are bending over backwards to pimp Hollie. Luckily, her talent speaks for itself.

I think all the girls who made the cut this time are pretty talented, so should be interesting! The guys are meh. They could take out a few and I wouldn't miss them.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I agree the guys are meh yet they put through an extra one. That definitely should have been another girl - like Jen. My husband and I didn't care for Brielle and the way she talked about herself in the 3rd person drove us nuts! Her mother didn't help either. I don't get either Deandre or Jeremy. They didn't get the votes this week so maybe they won't get them next week. Colton doesn't do it for me either. He seems like a nice guy but I'm just not wowed.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I think Joshua has it in the bag...that kid can sing!! Plus he is attractive, sings in the choir, not too old and has a polite manner about him. Whole package..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. dialidol was way off. The girls were too close to predict, but for the guys they had Eben, Chase, Adam and Jermaine as not predicted to be voted off and NONE of them were kept by viewer votes, with just Jermaine thrown back in by the judges.

Joshua and Phillip on the bubble with Phillip in.

And predicted to be voted off (not kept): Creighton, Reed, Colton, Heejun, Jeremy, Aaron, DeAndre.. with Colton and Heejun making it with viewer votes..

And judges crammed DeAndre and Jeremy back in there..

But seems like dial idol didn't have the right demographic going.

Perhaps they will have better predictions and I trust that the judges won't be saving anyone except that one save (or do they have that this year?)

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the problem with DialIdol is that they only measure the busy signals and can't measure the texts. A lot more people are voting via text than there were a few years back, when texting was a new thing. DialIdol may have outlived its usefulness.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Realize it is off topic, but Adam Lambert was on my local radio station this morning and he sounded fabulous!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: