TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/07 - Top 13 Week (Singing and Resul...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/07 - Top 13 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 08, 2012Lakecat25 03-08-12  12:22 pm
Archive through March 10, 2012Roxip25 03-10-12  8:31 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I thought they were keeping Colton for the teeny boppers. My 15 year old son likes him but I can't warm up to him either. I don't think he knows who or what he is yet in the music world.

I still like Hollie the best.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Other than the bottom two this week,"they" aren't keeping anyone.. "we" (the voters) are. "They" put DeAndre back in it but since then he's been kept by votes..

However, I sure didn't understand having him on the show at all.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
"They" can only "keep them" by the positive or negative comments "they" make regarding each singer, which I do think impacts the voting somewhat.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ahh.. well maybe, though seems to me that often the voters will react AGAINST what the judges say. I certainly don't take their comments to heart at all. I did appreciate Simon's comments but even then if I really liked someone, they got my votes.

This season I'm not caught up yet.. I did put in 3-4 votes for Skylar by phone.

Voting via facebook, to me, means that sure they may rack up historic totals but it may just be people voting because they are told to, as in viral situations on FB or Twitter.. sort of like the guy who campaigned and won "fan favorite" on project runway all stars this week which was plain and simple the result of a social networking campaign and caused actual watchers of the show who were not aware of that campaign to wonder what on earth happened there.

Our tv columnist in our paper, who watched lots of reality shows as well, has predicted that Colton will win, based on being male, southern, young, white and I forget what else. Hopefully not. Though I was happy to see that he modified his hairstyle (or someone did) from the one in his picture above.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's weird we have a Colton on AI from TN, who is at least somewhat liked. I like him okay. I have actually been to Murphreesboro, TN once. I took a friend there who was ironically, in a singing contest there. I really don't have a big favorite yet on AI though.

On Survivor, we have a Colton from Alabama (my state), who is pretty universally hated. I don't know anybody like him in real life.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I dont find Elise very likeable. It may be nerves but she never smiles and I think I saw her roll her eyes. She needs to pander to the audience if she wants to stay.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree with you about Elise. She comes off a little arrogant. She may not be at all, but she seems that way from her demeanor.

I don't really have a strong favorite yet. I like Hollie and Skylar. But it's always interesting to see how they grow and change over the course of the season. Some may become standouts, while others sometimes peak early and fade to the background. Nobody wants to be this season's Pia, who all the judges thought would go the distance but didn't have enough personality or likability to win votes.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Next theme is songs from birth year. Pia did fine singing TSSB before the Nascar race imo.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I find Elise to be uncomfortable too. She is the oldest contestant in the competition and maybe she is a bit panicked about this being her "last chance". I think she needs to loosen up a bit and relax and have fun! She is too serious about this and it shows.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I read in local papers that Elise is looking for exposure. She has trained for a long time and has a solid performance history but hasn't had that big break.

I got the feeling she cares less about winning than being discoverd.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have Joshua in office pool...I dont watch....will I win with him?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He has a chance of winning.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm in an office pool and have Jessica. I'm a happy camper.

Babyjaxmom mentioned how she liked seeing the AI contestants grow and change over the season and I like that aspect of the show as well. I can already see subtle changes to them with haircuts, hair design, clothing, etc.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I don't think he'll will, Pamy. He is very talented and cute, though. But, what do I know? The voters have fooled me many times!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
K ty for input !!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, he has a chance.. hard to say, really.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Elise's behavior during the eliminations was poor and will affect her next week. She looked pissed off (can I say that?) and resigned to her fate. It also didn't help her case that she was bleeped out in her post-performance blurb. It certainly left a bad taste in my mouth about her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
100% agree with you, Roxip. That was my feeling about Elise also.

Pamy, as much as I like Joshua, he may be a little too Gospel Fabulous to win. He's a great performer and has lots of charisma, but I just don't see him winning. I'd like to see Hollie or Skylar win. I think Skylar just might be the best natural performer on here, whether you like her "nasal" voice or not. Who knew a country kid would win last year? That was a surprise.

I'd really like to see one of the girls win this year. Haven't we had like four boys in a row? It's the girls' turn!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Winners...

Kelly Clarkson
Ruben Studdard
Fantasia Barrino
Carrie Underwood
Taylor Hicks
Jordan Sparks
David Cook
Kris Allen
Lee DeWyze
Scotty McCreery

It's definitely been a boy band kind of roll lately.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Roxip! They always get jumbled in my head after I get to Carrie Underwood.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have trouble with Jordan Sparks and David Cook. I always forget David.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was just reading that Jermaine has been disqualified. He wrote something on Twitter, which has since been removed but supposedly he has a serious criminal record.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hiding multiple crimes.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/
2012/03/13/10675824-jermaine-jones-disqualified-from-american-idol

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, thanks for sharing. I wonder if they'll bring back someone who was cut at Top 24?

I hope they don't go into detail about why he was cut, like some big expose. It's still his business, and embarrassing at that. Best if they say as little as possible and move along with the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can't believe that AI doesn't do a better job checking these people out. It's a total embarrassment. So are they going to have a non-elimination week?

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
Too bad about Jermaine, I really enjoyed his voice.

Seems like Lauren Alaina is going to the Teen Mom 2's stylist, I like her more natural look.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
they've got a few options here:

The simplest thing would be to say this is a non-elimination week and combine votes this week and next.

They probably will end up doing that, but there's another option in bringing Jeremy back- saying since Jermaine shouldn't have been there Jeremy was unfairly eliminated. It'll depend on if they had enough of a lead time to get him back to LA and practice whatever song he would have to do this week (and since they apparently made the decision last night, that's iffy at best)- and since they knew what the votes were last week they might not want to bring him back only for him to get eliminated two weeks in a row..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I seriously doubt they'd bring Jeremy back just to let America vote him out for a 3rd time. How humiliating would that be for the poor guy?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: