TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/14 - Top 12 11 Week (Singing and Re...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/14 - Top 12 11 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 14, 2012Pamy25 03-14-12  6:48 pm
Archive through March 15, 2012Naja25 03-15-12  5:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Next set of results. Dim the lights.

Come to the stage:

Erika
Heejun
Hollie

Hollie - Safe!
Heejun - Safe!

Third of the bottom 3 and not safe is:

Erika - bottom 3

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Final results:

Bottom 3 on stage:

Elise
Shannon
Erika

Elise - Safe!

Commercial

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Shannon and Erika are one stage. One is safe, one will sing for her life.

Shannon
Erika

Erika - Safe!

Shannon will sing for her life and the judges will decide if they want to use their save option.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Judges have decided that:

Shannon is going home :-(

The judges have not used their save option this week.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Heejun should have gone home, not on tour. Boy, did America get it wrong.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for spoiling Naja!

On last night's performances, I thought that Hollie and Joshua were the two clear standouts followed by Jessica (her song choice didn't exactly suit her). I like Skylar as well.

I'm surprised they sent someone home this week after eliminating Jermaine. Too bad about Shannon but she was never going to shake that pageant image.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think a modeling agency should pursue Shannon - she is drop dead beautiful and has legs that go on for days. Is her dad a professional baseball pitcher - looked like he played for the St Louis Cardinals in last night's taped piece.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, he was a pitcher for the Cardinals. I think he's an announcer for the Rays now.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It always seems kind of dumb and mean to me that they limit it to the top ten and don't take all the finalists on tour. It's tough to get all the way to 11th place, perform with the finalists on the live shows and then not make it on tour. That's got to hurt.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Interesting how sports personalities get their children accepted so easily on American Idol. Wasnt Jordan Spark's father a famous ball player as well?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, I don't think it's any easier for children of celebrities than anyone else. They still have to get thru everything everyone else goes thru (Hollywood week). Remember Jim Carrey's daughter? It didn't help her at all being the child of a celebrity.

I'm really shocked they sent anybody home, since they already lost one this week. I thought for sure they'd pass on elimination. I'm thinking if and when they use the stupid save down the road, they'll only have to send one person home the following week rather than two. It's so painful to have to listen to the hopeful contestants "Sing for Your Life." Shannon was just as awful as she was the night before, and the judges sit there with an excrutiating expression on their faces. What a waste of time.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I wonder whether they have it set up in advance to audition. I just doubt that they stand in a stadium with thousands of others.

They may not use the save this season. I think they just hold on to it in case they have to save someone over a bad performer. i.e. lets say Jun and someone else is in the bottom three and Jun doesn't go home, they can save the other person.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I recall them using the save pretty early on for Casey last season. Which was a big surprise to me at the time it happened. I couldn't believe that they used it that early.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was surprising last year, but I don't think they will repeat it this year.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I bet they do stand in the stadium with the others. It's not like their fathers were huge sports stars like a Michael Jordan.

I am sure they will hold onto that pass thinking that America will vote out one of their favorites at some point.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's actually good for them, gives them a real reason to use the save without any worrying repercussions (the possibility of someone good unexpectedly being in the bottom two the next week).

Jim Carrey's daughter stood in line, or at least they said she did. As long as the child isn't famous in their own right I'd have thought they'd be handled in a similar way to all the others. The only thing I bet is different is if they actually audition and are awful, I expect someone's able to insist it isn't shown on tv.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm sure it all depends on where the auditions are being held and who is handling the auditions in the respective cities. If the celebrity parent involved has an "in" with the local affiliate I'm sure that their offspring gets to skip some of the more bothersome aspects of the cattle call auditions.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Jordan's father is Phillippi Sparks, who played cornerback for the New York Giants for 8 seasons in the 1990s. His fellow cornerback on the team, Jason Sehorn, went on to marry Law & Order alum, Angie Harmon.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: