TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/14 - Top 12 11 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 15, 2012 users admin

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I just love Hollie, she is my favorite, but Joshua was great, and they are sweet kids, so hope they make it to the end.

Glad Jessica seems to be getting depimped. Sorry, just think she powers through vocals without a lot of nuance.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Only watched the post-Survivor hour. Thought Joshua was fantastic. Almost made me pick up the phone to vote.
Previous weeks I've thought Hollie was the best of the girls, but tonight she sounded like she was over singing and off key to me.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Joshua Ledet on youtube

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, it's a long season, but I change my answer to "YES, Joshua could win!"

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Mak! ty for link.
I know in these shows it's not always the best...main thing is if he has the 'it' factor

Necie

09-07-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Necie a private message Print Post    
I liked Joshua, Phillip, Skylar, and Hollie this week. Just my opinion.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
My favorites of the night were Joshua and Hollie. Powerful!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved Hollie's parents. Her dad got choked up and could barely speak, and believe it or not, I actually could actually like HeeJun a little bit just because his parents are so sweet (but I still think he needs to go).

I agree that Joshua was amazing last night, as was Hollie and I also liked Skylar. Elise was vastly improved, and I also liked Colton's performance. Phillip - I'm just thinking that he's so comfortable that it almost doesn't look like work for him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Haven't read this whole thread yet, but just wanted to tell you that I was thinking of you, Pamy, when Joshua was singing. I told DH you had him in the office pool, and we both said, "Lucky Pamy!" He was really, really good!

Hollie was good, but oh, that last note! Ouch! She reminds me a little of Pia with the over-singing. That last note was forced and screechy. Yowza.

Love Skylar, but she should have listened to Jimmie and Will.I.Am. That song was just not good.

Colton was great! I usually don't like songs I haven't heard before, but he really did a good job and made me not care that I'd never heard the song before. He felt like an established performer introducing a new song. Loved him.

Still love HeeJun for the entertainment factor (Ryan should be afraid for his job!), but his singing is not that great. I think he'll stick around a little longer, but he can't win.

Only think I loved about Jessica was her cool, sparkly pants. And the finger wiggling when she holds the microphone just annoys the crap out of me. There was another girl a few seasons back who did that, but I can't remember her name now. (I'm old.)

I'm predicting Shannon to get the return ticket home tonight.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Quite a few of these contestants are finger tappers and yes, it is annoying. I have noticed it ever since we discussed it a couple of years ago...LOL!

Colton reminded me JUST A LITTLE of Adam doing Mad World (a song I wasn't familiar with but has haunted me ever since Adam did it his season). He doesn't have Adam's gift of theatrics but his choice of song and his range reminded me a bit of Adam.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Joshua but not to the extent of most of you here. He's good, not doubt, but there was a lot of screaming, to me anyway. I'm sure he's safe this week.

The finger wiggling that Jessica does is different than the Christina Aguilera type wiggling most of these young singers do. She has this weird twitchy thing going on. And what was with pointing to her temple every time she sang the word "hear"?

My favorite is still Phillip Phillips. There is just something so infectious about him and his performances. I smile whenever he's on and just can't stop smiling.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Babyjaxmom!!!

Mame, me too! After hearing what JLo said I expected way better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just love Skylar. No tricks or voice acrobatics, just good singing. I gave her about 40 votes last night.

Joshua is a screamer and I don't enjoy it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I loved Joshua last night. Just about any time anyone sings that in a competition, they blow everyone else out of the water. Russ Grimm sang it in the final of America's Got Talent and I really believe it was that performance that won the whole thing for him.

Problem with a performance like that is that he has set the bar so high for himself now, that it is going to be very hard to meet.

And Jennifer said that performance was the best she had heard on AI, not that Joshua was the best she ever heard. There is a difference. Like an athlete, a singer can just have a great "game." Does not make him the best performer over all.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
What I like about Joshua's performances is that when he performs, he is physically 100 percent into the song, you can see he feels the whole song in his body, he is part of the song. Others like Jessica were "performing" by rote, didnt see them feeling the music.

I am also a huge Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrast fan and I would love to see a singer like that who feels the song, in the charts. I would love to see Joshua sing Don't leave me this way, or If you don 't know me by now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just for fun, Dial Idol has only 4 of them in the green safe zone. Joshua, Phillip, Hollie, and Skylar.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching the results show live, so I'll be here to spoil if no one else does.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Show time :-)

Oh My. Tommy Hilfiger is going to be the "image advisor" for the contestants. He is doing a long taped schpeel about it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The top 12 did a "Haunted House" themed Ford commercial. And yes, Jermaine was in it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok. Here we go! The first set of results. Turn down the lights.

Come to the stage:

Phillip, Skylar, Elise, Joshua.

Joshua - Safe!
Phillip - Safe!
Skylar - Safe!

First of the bottom 3 and not safe is:

Elise - bottom 3

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A break from the results and Demi Lovato is on stage performing her new song "Give Your Heart a Break". She's gorgeous.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Naja, thanks for spoiling.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Next set of results. Turn down the lights.

Come to the stage:

Colton, Shannon, Deandre, and Jessica.

Colton - Safe!
Jessica - Safe!
Deandre - Safe!

Second of the bottom 3 and not safe is:

Shannon - bottom 3

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No problem, Auntiemike :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another break in the results, and Daughtry is on stage performing "Outta My Head".