TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: The Battle Rounds!: Archive through March 14, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Figured I may as well start a battle round thread... battle rounds start next week. At the end of the battle rounds, each team will be whittled down to 6 performers. Those 6 will go on to the live performances and that's where WE get to vote.

Let the battles begin!

(BTW, I gotta go find Purrfect The Cat's twitter feed! Cee Lo, big giant bold Cee Lo with a cute fluffy white cat!)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, Adam got rid of a guy.....honestly I couldn't really tell them apart.

Now, Blake has 2 girls competing

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Who did Adam get rid of? Do each coach lose one singer tonight?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay then:

Team Adam
1st Battle: Tony Lucca vs. Chris Cauley
Song: "Beautiful Day" by U2
Tony Lucca moves on. They were both good though.

Team Christina
1st Battle: Chris Mann vs. Monique Benabou
Song: "The Power of Love" by Celine Dion
Chris Mann moves on
2nd Battle: Anthony Evans vs. Jessie Campbell
Song: "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys
Jessie moves on

Team Cee Lo
1st Battle: Cheesa vs. Angie Johnson
Song: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
Cheesa moves on.

Team Blake
1st Battle: RaeLynn vs.Adley Stump
Song: "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty
Raelynn moves on

2nd Battle: Jordis Unga vs. Brian Fuente
Song: "Ironic" by Alanis Morrisette
Jordia moves on

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't have the 2nd for Ceelo or Adam

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
is it just me? or did anyone else think that the people were being chosen based on Looks and "marketability?"

it was these rounds which eliminated the Fatties and Funny looking singers last season.

This season is FULL, chock full of talent so its WOW when they do the singoff. However, in most of the situations i find that the UNpicked singer was the one who really did a better job.

That young 17 yr old was okay but she was out of melody and tune most of the song, however the cheerleader was so rehearsed and robotic, she was offputting.

SO the best voice didnt win, the cutesy pootsy marketable girl did.

Also, thought guy in red pants was superior in tone and carrying the song, yet "mickey mouse club" guy won.

anyways i'm enjoying the show

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I kind of thought that RaeLynn would make it because she reminds Blake of his wife.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The Anthony and Jessie pairup was the best for me.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
There was only one battle for both Cee Lo and Adam. Blake and Christina had two battles, so each of them lost two singers.

I was surprised at some of the eliminations.

On Christina's team, I thought Anthony would go through, as well as Monique. I don't like Jesse's ego, and I wish he'd tamp it down some so he'd be more likable. I think he could lose based on that. And I don't think Chris will win no matter how much coaching he gets, so I'm surprised she kept a singer such as he is.

On Blake's team, I thought Adley was much better than RaeLynn and suspect the reason she didn't win the battle round was due to her lack of experience. I really am not a fan of RaeLynn though, maybe because she is a Miranda clone, and sort of don't see her winning. Between Jordis and Brian, it was totally a toss up and I agreed with Jordis that this was a train wreck of a performance. I'm glad Jordis made it through, though, just because I like her.

On Adam's team, I thought it was a toss up as to who would stay and who would go. I'm a bit indifferent at this point with Tony. It could've been Chris and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

And on Cee Lo's team, I really wanted to see Angie win the battle and Cheesa to go home.

I found it interesting how well matched up each battle was. Of course, the coaches will pit like against like, but still... it was pretty close much of the time.

I absolutely 100% disagree with anyone stating that this battle was all about looks. Every one of these performers was good looking in his/her own right, and at this point, it is all about their voicees and how much the coaches think they can win. And, I suspect, how much the coaches think they are willing to learn and grow.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to me that when Ceelo was coaching his team, he did not seem to know that Angie was military, but Neyo (?) did.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
There's a reason they call these the "battle rounds". If you are going to compete in a battle, whether it's a singing competition or an athletic competition or something like that, you have to believe you are going to win. If you go into it thinking you are going to lose.....then most likely you will.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I know, Keldogg. I was kind of surprised at how some of the singers came off so "omg s/he is going to win".

And Kooklie, I must've missed that. I know Cee Lo knew she was military during the blind auditions...

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Angie & Adley should've advanced imo.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yup, those were the two I thought should've advanced also.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Can someone please spoil tonight's show? Pretty please? Thanks!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
TOTAL disappointment last night for the most part. Really dont think any will make it who moved on...

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I can tell you Costa that Kim beat out Whitney; I can't remember the names of the others.

Madelane

08-20-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Madelane a private message Print Post    
Holy Frowny Face! I have never seen anyone as grumpy as Lex. Wow.

This is my first season watching The Voice and I have to admit I am not crazy about these battle rounds - I keep disagreeing with the choices.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't like that they pit strong against strong most of the time. I thought Whitney was really good, but she did not stand a chance against Kim based on the song choice.

Oh and Xtina's hat.... I keep thinking that water will pour out of it if she tips to the right too much!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just know that I was sad for most of the choices but they seemed pre-ordained in several cases, maybe getting rid of someone the easy way. But there were some great duels.

I wanted Whitney to stay.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Predictable. I am so sorry to see some of them go. The potential was tremendous for many of these singers.

On a side note: if Xtina's hat did pour water she'd have a might wet chest!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The last duel was very emotional.

Xtina really needs to cover up the girls a bit. They are very distracting. And maybe not wear a record album for a hat.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL! Thanks all. Now I have to go figure out who the heck Whitney is!

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Madelane, I completely agree with you about the choices. By the end of the show last night, I was totally disgusted with the judges. Too many felt like total set-ups. I couldn't help suspecting that some of the judges had made up their minds about who was going to leave, well before last night's battles. I really enjoyed this show last year. But, these recent battles and the results, not so much.

Unless they make huge improvements, I think it is going to be interesting to see just how long some of these particular choices stay once the public starts voting.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Keep going Jamar!