TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/21 - Top 10 Week (Singing and Resul...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/21 - Top 10 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 22, 2012Kookliebird25 03-22-12  9:34 am
Archive through March 23, 2012Dke121225 03-23-12  7:49 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Usually Ryan's wording indicates whether it is really the bottom 2 or otherwise. I think at this point - with so many contestants - it is probably really the bottom 2. When the numbers dwindle down is when more gameplaying seems to happen.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Granjan, yeah, I got the name of the song wrong in my post above, but the song was playing in my head correctly. Didn't like DeAndre's song either.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I'm on team Colton and Phillip.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Escapee.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Jessica, Phillip and Colton are my favs right now

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Colton & Phillip are my favs (but I always favor the males contestants). I just like the sound of the male singing voice better than the female voice.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Colton and Phillip are my favorite contestants right now, but I wouldn't vote for them. I would fear that we would have yet another very talented but very unmarketable winner. I'm ready for somebody to come along that will be able to sell out stadiums. I think Scotty has that potential -- mainly because he is a country artist. I would like to see somebody else win who can do the same thing. I think it has to be one of the girls because although I think Colton and Phillip are mega-talented I am not sure how marketable they will be. Colton is amazing but he reminds me just a bit of Kris Allen - although he does have more of an edge on him - and Phillip is just too unique to appeal to a mass audience. Just my opinion.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't think any of the girls are going to sell out stadiums. Jessica is good but I really don't see any real market for her unless she's goes Nick or Disney. I think she's have a great Broadway voice but I don't know too many people who would rush out and buy her cd. I will buy Phillip's for sure. I would go see him.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think Skylar will be the one to watch. Maybe not this year but in a year or two when she gets a bit more maturity. I believe she will go far in the CW sphere.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Terolyn, she'll do very well in the country market.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Love Skylar. Jessica is just too pageanty for my taste. She just seems like she's performing the talent portion of some Miss America contest. I would never buy her records.

Although Heejun is not the best singer, he is definitely entertaining. The show is not about the best singing voice. Let's face it. It's about who gets the most votes. Heejun gets votes because he's entertaining. I think he's more entertaining than Phillip Phillips who bores me to death.

Once again, Haley Reinhart looked very pretty, but that song was boring! So was the other guest "star" who I'd never heard of. DH and I were laughing that if she were a contestant on AI, the judges would've blasted her for being so lacking in energy.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I channel surfed when Hailey came on. She never did 'grab' me. Who was she up against in past seasons? I can't seem to remember much about her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was last season. She was up against Scotty and Lauren and finished third.

I thought Haley stood out that year. She performed Lady Gaga's "You and I" (which I think is a great song) before it was even released, she was the only one to sing Adele, she did a great "House of the Rising Sun". She did have a shaky start but she improved hugely over the course of the season.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I was laughing at the tongue lashing that HeeJun got from these folks...especially since it came after their big musical guest Lana Del Ray sang.

If that's what they think is entertainment, I'm not inclined to believe anything that comes out of their mouths...he at least was entertaining!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Love Heejun! Prove 'em all wrong, Honey

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It certainly isn't a very entertaining season..

Seeing Casey in the audience.. should keep them from using the one save they have without much thought. But then I don't see THAT much thought.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think Skylar is very talented too but if she wins they may as well change the shows name to Country Idol, seems like most winners lately do country.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, absolutely agree with you there! Lana Del Ray was awful.

I totally don't get why Steven Tyler was so upset with HeeJun not taking this competition "serious" (learn to speak English, Steven). I thought he was very entertaining, more so than a lot of the other contestants who take themselves "serious" and are incredibly boring and not as good as the judges make them think they are.

The entertainment industry will eat most of these kids alive. When they go out into the real world, they will not have these judges telling them how wonderful they are. The music industry is brutal and will tear them apart.

I thought Erika looked fabulous after her makeover, but when she get voted off, DH and I were imagining her saying, "Why did I cut my hair?!" She inspired me to make a hair appointment. Time for a change.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I side with Steven on that one. Heejun is entertaining for the show, but too silly for me. Steven's been around a lot of years and has been through it all, so I respect his opinion.

Erika is apparently ok with her makeover, and doesn't blame getting kicked off on her new look. She's been in the bottom three for a while and was going to go soon anyway.

I liked Elise best of the night. Most of the others were unmemorable.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I don't get the Deandre or the Heejun love. One of them should have gone home this week. Wouldn't have cared less which one, but neither is even close to the singer Erika is.

At this point of the competition, there are no bad singers. All are pretty good. But come on, these two are so far below the rest that it makes you wonder why they are still there.

Would I be mean to say that Deandre's biggest asset in his hair and his face? It certainly is not his voice. He is a nice singer, nothing more. But he is a cute guy with great hair and we have seen that that can take a contestant a long way.

What can I say about Heejun? He lost me a long time ago. I remember his snarky remarks about the Cowboy during Hollywood week. Sure the guy was a mess, but some of Heejun's remarks were just mean. Like the cowboy hat thing. Coming from a guy who wore a hoodie constantly, that just seemed hypocritical. Heeiun has a pretty good voice, but if he has more than a average career, I will be surprised. He is certainly not going to sell out any stadiums. I think his initial appeal was in his apparent surprise that he could sing. And you know, I never really bought that. I think that is more a result of the Asian culture which promotes modesty, than him really not realizing he could sing.

The thing that annoys me about both of these guys is that better singers will go home while these guys will stay for reasons other than how well they sing. We have seen that in the past and it is always frustrating.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
People vote based on entertainment value. I can't say that they are wrong to vote for that reason.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Jimmer. I agree. Don't worry, Allietex. Neither Deandre or HeeJun will win, despite all the little girls voting for them. It doesn't matter one bit who goes home in which order. Only the winner is guaranteed a contract and they all (top 10) get to go on the tour this summer. Very, very few of them are actually good enough to "have a career" in music. Even winning this competition doesn't guarantee a successful career (Taylor Hicks and most of the other generic male winners). Meanwhile, we'll just sit back and enjoy the show and not take it too "serious," to quote Steven Tyler.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i completely dont understand how that woman got a singing contract... let alone be popular.
Lana Del Ray stunk. It was so forced sounding and did she even hit One note in tune?

it was like rambling mumbling to me.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
What I don't understand is that the judges repeatedly told Erika that she had one of the best if not the best voice in the competition.

The judges also repeatedly tell us the voting audience that this is a singing competition and to please vote on singing.

So if they are telling the truth as they know it, why didn't they use the save one her. What is the point if they have it and she has one of the best voices, why not use it.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I also changed my mind about who I like best, Colton is now my favorite singer, heejun is my favorite entertainer, Phillip is my favorite musician.

I like to send the rest of them on trips, Jessica to broadway, Joshua to church, skylar to the nearest haybale, deandre to disney, Elise back to the seventies and sweet little Holly to prom.

I

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, considering that Erika had been rejected by the American public twice I think using the save on her would have been a waste of the save. Of course I think having the save is kind of crazy anyway, but there are those weeks where a bad flukey performance can really change the voting habits of the public.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I think that as long as the public is allowed to vote it will not be a voice/pop star comp so much as it is a popularity/genre comp.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Shend Hollie to Mishishippi.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Of course, when the public votes it is a popularity contest. We've known that forever.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I like the 70's

Allietex

08-16-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Oh, I wish nothing but the best for Deandre and Heejun. I hope I am wrong and they are both very successful. I just feel there are others in the competition that are better singers.

I am amused each week when Jimmy says someone may be in trouble because they did not have their best singing night. Has he not realized yet that at this time in the competition, that is not always going to be the deciding factor in who goes or stays.

I really have not "bonded" with any of them. Each week, I seem to like a different singer best. Last season, I was on Scotty's bandwagon from the very beginning, but this season, I am still up in the air on who my favorite will be.

Now that I have used just about every cliche I can think off, it is time for bed.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ketchuplover's fingers were drunk last night...she was slurring her words...LOL!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: