TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4/4 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/4 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 04, 2012Maris25 04-04-12  6:09 pm
Archive through April 04, 2012Carlpsmom25 04-04-12  7:25 pm
Archive through April 05, 2012Kookliebird25 04-05-12  12:28 pm
Archive through April 05, 2012Jag200025 04-05-12  6:43 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think JLo votes to save everyone. But, I don't think they will use the save unless it is Jessica or Joshua in danger.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jessica, Joshua or Phillip, those are the ones I think they want to keep the save for.

Deandre can just wait a couple of years and then Jennifer can date him.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I believe that the stylists dress the performers based on whether they want them in the competition or not. Seriously, Dressing Hollie in that outfit was just a terrible choice for that song. Elise's skirt the night of her performance looked like a skirt that the hasidim women wear in bensonhurst. It is a subtle thing geared towards influencing the audience.

Just glad that Deandre and his throwing back of his hair is gone.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Maris, that hair tossing was so distracting!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The 3 judges' picks are now all gone. Don't they know that if the voting audience didn't want them then, they don't want them once the true competition begins? They also brought Jermaine back into the competition and we know what happened to him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree about the stylists. Hollie and Elise's outfits have been terrible choices and their make-up is often the least flattering. I think Hollie had a lot of potential early on but they have messed with her and her head. At this point I think it is between Jessica, Colton and Phillip. I like Skylar a lot but I think she is too country to win (with Scotty winning last season). I still think Jessica has it locked up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Glad Randy and Stephen has some sense and did not join Jennifer in trying to cram DeAndre down our throats.

Wonder who votefortheworst will champion next week?

Jimmy should get a vote on the judging panel.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the only people that tell the contestants how it really is are Jimmy and Randy. I miss Simon because he wasn't wishy-washy and said exactly how he felt. JLo and Stephen never really critique them but do a song and dance around the quality of their performances. Bring Simon back, please!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
On eonline tonight Phillip got some harsh criticism. The author of the article said that he sat around and looked bored with the whole process...like he could care less bout the competition. It might be that is just his way of dealing with the stress of a Thursday.

The hot dancer in Jennifer's video is her current boy toy I believe.

Hollie's short shorts and high heels is a horrible style IMO.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I like Philip but I dont think he belongs in the competition. He doesnt want to be an IDOL, he wants to do his own music, develop a niche audience and that is not what the premise of the show is.

He is like David Cook, and I bought his CD but he isnt an IDOL.

Given how many country performers have won in the past, Scottie, Carrie Underwood, it would seem that most of the voters are probably from areas of the country that prefer country music. I think Skylar could win because over the past few weeks her personality has been shining through. She is a great performer but now we are glimpsing parts of her personality and she has a sunny bubbly disposition and that will go well.

The voters want someone who not only can sing but has a friendly outgoing, not arrogant personality. I think one of the reason Daughtry was voted out was because he was arrogant and acted like he deserved to win (which he did) and I bought his CD too.

The way I see it, I think the final two will be Colton and Skylar.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
good post, Maris!! I agree about Chris Daughtry (and I am a big fan), he looked TOTALLY shocked the week he was voted out!
I like David Cook, too, though.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
But I don't think that Phillip would look shocked if he was voted out, there's a difference. I don't think Phillip is arrogant at all. I think he's a musician and that's what's important to him and that's why he will go far, no matter what happens on the show. And seriously, what is an idol? None of these kids fit the description of an idol.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I agree Mamie. Of all of them, I see Philip as being a music presence in the future either individually or in a collaborative effort. He is the most unique of the group to me.

BTW - I disagreed with Jimmy, I really liked his version of That's All by Genesis. Also, I get the feeling that he may not be fully over the health issues that plagued him earlier. Sometimes, he just does not look well.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I was wondering if he wasn't feeling well.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm with Mamie, too. I don't see Phillip as arrogant, at all. I see him more as comfortable when he's doing his music, but not so comfortable when he has to talk about himself. He seems somewhat introverted to me. He's getting exposure for his career, and I feel maybe that's the reason he is on the show. Not so much to win Idol, just for the exposure. I could be wrong, not the first time! :-) He is my favorite person this year.

What is it about Elise that people don't seem to like? She is not a bubbley type personality, so maybe that's it. I love her voice.

I think Colton is good, but not great.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Smokey, and I agree with you!

I don't see any of these kids having such booming personalities. The publicity machine is going to have to work double time to sell them.

Elise has a great voice but I think it is her personality that turns people off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As I've said before, I just don't like Phillip Phillips's musical style. I see that he's talented, he just doesn't appeal to me. I agree with Maris that it will be Colton & Skylar in the finals, unless one of them really has a bad week.

Have to disagree with you on Jessica, Jimmer. She's very pretty, but just like Pia, she's not nearly as good as she thinks she is. She needs to grow up and get some experience under her belt. I just don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth. Also she needs to stop with the Whitney songs. Almost every singer alive will pale in comparison to Whitney, so you're just setting yourself up for a bad comparison by even attempting it. Even if she sings it well, she'll never be as good as Whitney, who was phenomenal even as a teenager. I won't be sad when Jessica gets voted off.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't think it will be Colton and Skylar in the final two. Just my opinion but I think she'll be out before that.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not a huge fan of Jessica (I do like her) but I'll be surprised if she doesn't win. It is possible that she just won't get votes but there are an awful lot of people out there who are crazy about her singing.

Why isn't Elise getting more votes? I think it is a combination of the way she comes across personality wise and the harsh way she looks. They/she needed to soften her appearance and attitude to increase her general appeal. But then that might not be the real Elise.

I'm not generally a country music fan but I like Skylar. She has a lot of energy, she is fun and she seems to put a lot into her performances.

The guys have talent but I'm tired of laid back guys winning American Idol.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Elise got off on a bad foot at the beginning when she came off as a little arrogant. I even read articles in the media where they mentioned how pissed off she looked the first time she landed in the bottom three and how she seemed to refuse to hug the person who went back to the couches in safety. She's also a little "old" for this contest. Those little girls and their cell phones seem to vote for the cute boys. That's why we haven't had a female winner since Jordan Sparks.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I dont see Philip as arrogant at all. I was saying that he wants a niche audience and doesnt necessarily want to be an Idol. That is why I dont see him winning. My point about arrogance is that is why I think Daughtry was voted out. I do think Philip will do well and will sell plenty of CDs but I dont see him as an Idol.

Elise comes across as insecure, not confident enough. It seems that every time she is on stage and performs her heart out she acts as though she expects the judges to slam her and expects to be in the bottom 3.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It would be hard to be judged every week. I cannot imagine how these kids do it and many of them are just kids. I guess they need to develop that tough skin that you have to have in the entertainment industry but it would be hard.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
agree Mamie and Idol has had a hand in tearing down Elise's confidence. They have been very harsh with her and the stylists have ruined her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They really have. I think Phillip was right to forgo the advice of Tommy Hillfiger and wear his grey. I see Elise as having a rather Bohemian style of her own but her clothes have been awful. And like I said upthread, they are dressing the teenagers like they are in their 30s and not even in a good way!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I think Elise is very much a niche artist and doesn't really have that Idol appeal. That being said, she has a great voice and seems to really know what she's doing musically, so I hope she gains an audience from being on the show, no matter what.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Phillip is arrogant, and didn't think Maris labelled him that way.. but I don't think he is dying to win and not willing to listen to advice, whether it be the gray shirts or whatever.. (and I agree that the wardrobe advice isn't great, but I suspect he could have rejected the actual advice and dared to wear something other than grey.... but that wasn't musical advice and Tommy's not a performer)

Now, I'm not saying he needs all the advice he's getting but some of these mentors have been pretty successful, so, hey, they might just be able to help someone to have a better chance at winning.

Skylar is younger and definitely listening to advice and she gets it .. sure she's country and sure it would have been fun to sing Dolly's 9 to 5 but she heard them and Wind Beneath My Wings, I suspect, brought her more votes. Dial Idol doesn't cover the spectrum of voters but Skylar did VERY well with dial idol voters. I think she WANTS it more than Phillip does.

I think they really don't want a female win this year, or maybe it is mostly Jennifer?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I like all the remaining AI contestants and for me, the AI winner's spot is up for grabs. It'll all depend on their week-to-week performances.

I'm a Phillip, Jessica and Elise fan. If any of them win AI, great! And if they don't, I'll still be a fan. Skylar has the best personality but I'm over the country music genre.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Phillip has gotten really boring. Tired of him growling thru songs and hanging onto that guitar. Do something different...please.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like country music and I hope Skylar has a great career but I don't want her to win. Plus, I would like to slap whomever does her makeup - she is way over-made up for a girl her age. She is styled "old" - and that happened before the stylists got hold of her because she looked like that in earlier auditions. She might sing like Tammy Wynette but she doesn't have to look like her (IMO).

I think Phillip does tend so sound the same. I think he is amazingly talented and very likeable but I don't think he cares about listening to anyone else's opinion or growing. He appears perfectly happy with who he is - which is charming but is it realistic for a really HUGE career?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
But then you have the argument that most of the rockers who have made it big, travel to the beat of their own drummer and are who they are. I've watched enough Behind the Music shows to know that it really is what makes you long-lasting.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I wasn't impressed by Skylar until I watched and heard Wind Beneath My Wings. WoW! Song choice will be huge for her. No corny country songs, please! There are some country songs that are pretty good - maybe Independence Day or anther Bette Midler song that is on my mind (but I can't remember the name of it). It was popular during the Gulf War.

I thought Kelly Pickler looked a little bit rough - older than she actually is.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
From a Distance is the song I was thinking about.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I still like Phillip & Colton the best. I think I like Skyler the best now of the females. I like Elise but don't think she has enough voting fans (I don't vote).

I don't care for either Joshua or Jessica & I think Holly is in over her head.

Deandra was the right choice to be voted off last wk.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved Gary Morris's version of Wind Beneath My Wings, so I have always thought of it as a country song.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: