TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
04/09 - Live Performances/Results - W...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 04/09 - Live Performances/Results - Week 2 users admin

The Voice
The Voice (on NBC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 10, 2012Costacat25 04-10-12  6:56 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yikes!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So Cee Lo sent home Tony (boo!) and Erin (yay!). Cheesa will be there for another week.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Erin NEVER should have gotten as far as she did; in fact, she never should have been invited to try out for this show. What were they thinking?

P.S. Costa, I was wondering the same thing about her legs last night. Looked like support hose and her legs weren't all that shapely to boot. I thought she was model but I didn't think she was very well put together to show off clothing. Can't wait to see her go!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
Her legs looked like they were made of bulky wood. I kept rewinding to see why they looked so strange. Not model material and the rest of her body looked so slim and glamorous at the beginning of the Voice a few weeks back.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
Also, wanted to add that I am sorry Tony goes, although it hasn't finished airing here yet. I loved his exotic look.
And, as for James, gotta be the teeny-bopper vote. He really doesn't have much power and is pretty off-key a lot of the time. Doubt he'll be here for long if talent really counts.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Erin's voice was ok, but that purposeful and horrible mispronunciation of words got to be too much. If she would have sung a little more strait without trying to be so friggin quirky, I think she could have stayed. Someone has got to tell her she goes overboard with it.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I had to turn it off tonight....first time since I started watching this year. I was so upset that Tony the Mouseketeer was saved along with Pip, while Tony the new father was let go. Who is voting? Must be young girls? They also saved James. Voting public seems to favor the men--and not the best men either!

Still so sorry for the production values and song choice for Tony the new father last night. Think that really held him back. Still don't understand why Ceelo saved Cheesa over Tony.
thank goodness Katrina is coming back after save by Adam.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I still can't believe Tony Lucca and Pip were saved by America. Watching the twitter feeds last night, a lot of people were not surprised at how all the males were saved (gender bias by the voting public). I thought Pip was one of the worst and Adam didn't really look pleased he went thru. And rewatching the bits of Tony Lucca's performance, I mentioned angst before and now I think he just looked constipated when he sang.

As for Erin, as I was watching her last chance performance, I thought that someone somewhere did her a disservice. Her voice isn't really that bad when she just sings. But that weird thing she does (with mispronunciations or whatever) is over the top. I think someone heard her do that and said "oh wow that is so cool" and that's how she got stuck on it. Cee Lo should have let her go during the blinds. As for her legs, I don't know why we never noticed them before. Was she wearing jeans? I know she had on short shorts during the battles, right? Maybe when you see her entire leg, it doesn't look as awkward?

The twitter feed is also up in arms about James, and no one thinks he belongs there either. I really can't sing, and this is supposed to be all about the Voice! Rumor has it along with the teeny bopper contingent, he's got a ginormous family who is voting. Whatever, I really hope he goes soon. I hated to see better singers go before him though (Tony Vincent should have stayed!).

Finally, after listening to all the last chance performances, the coaches did make the right decisions. I think Katrina did a much better job than the others, and Cheesa, while not a favorite, did really sing her heart out.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So now we know the viewers pick men .

I agree with Naja, Erin's voice isn't bad, she just purposely sings words in weird ways, presumably to sound "unique" or "quirky," and it's just horrible. On last season's X-Factor UK there was an Irish girl who (through her real life accent) put emphasis on certain letters and it was beautiful, but even that got a bit old and overplayed song after song. I feel like Erin tried that but it was all just false with her.

I wish bald Tony would have got through. And I really liked Karla and was sad she went (although of Adam's bottom three, Katrina definitely deserved to stay).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Seems like the other three judges end up deciding who stays. Peer pressure.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I saw Tony on broadway when he played Jimmy in american Idiot. He was amazing. I was really sorry to see him go.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm really only liking Jordis from Blake's team & Julliet from CeeLo's team. They would make an amazing F2 imo.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
My two standout thoughts from this week: Katrina is trying to actually BE Adele. She's ok, but we don't need another Adele.
When I hear Erin sing I feel like she's trying to parody Carol Channing. And that's not a good thing. I actually can't listen to her. I have to FF when she comes on and I'm so glad she's gone.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: