TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/11 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 11, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So tonight they will be performing songs from the last three years. I like older music but I'm looking forward to hearing them perform something they are more likely to know and already have some sort of connection with. Finally!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Probably will be a bunch of songs I've never heard.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching Survivor the 1st hr but will come in here for up-dates.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Akon is the mentor. Starting the show by talking about the hometowns of the idols.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Skyler is going to sing a song by Kellie Pickler. Jimmy says when she sang it she owned it. Akon loves her voice.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Good strong performance by Skylar. Her voice reminds me of Doll Partons.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy says, you are back, this is in your wheelhouse. you can have a hit with a song like that. Skyler is a great country artist, that was crazy hot and crazy good.

Jennifer and he thought it was picture perfect with the pitch. Jennifer said she nailed it, it was a perfect way to start the show.

Stephen says, Skyler says when you sing a song it is a complete sentence. he said about the women competitors, the crows may crow but the hens deliver the goods.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Next up is Colton is doing a song by Skyler Grey. Dont know the song. It is a ballad type song, not hard rock. Playing the piano and he sounds truly beautiful.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am not sure though that it is going to impress the judges, we will see. I just love his voice.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jennifer said you always surprise me with your approach to the notes and you do it so signature to you. you take every song and make it your own. I love it, it is the mark of a real artist.

Stephen loves the jacket. You are such a rare talent. You could have recorded that right now, that is how good that was. He said you havent found your top yet and you will be so good when you are doing your own songs.

Randy, loved the jacket. what he loved is you come out you do rock songs and you hit the big note at the end. I loved this subtle song you did. It showed the sensitivity. I love your interpretation. You are an artist right now. Very hot.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
so far two good strong performances.

Elise and Philip will be next after the break with a duet.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Singing Somebody that I used to know by Gauthier (sp).

Who is dressing her. This skirt is terrible. they sound very good together. I dont know the song. Interesting beat.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I hear it on the radio all the time. They must like them together because they did the duet last week too.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen said he has that song looped on his iphone. He said they nailed it. Great rendition.

Jennifer said she loves the feel that the song has and she loves the feel they brought as a duet. She thought there was a little imbalance, favoring Elise but they were great.

Randy agreed, its an amazing song but he gives it to Elise. He felt she sang more if it than he did. Philip said no, Elise is just a better singer than he is.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
yes they love them as a duet and Randy says he hopes they do another duet next week that favors Philip.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica is up next. Singing a song by Jasmine Sullivan. Jimmy says her voice can move anybody. Akon cant believe her control. He says he thinks she will be a legend one day, he really believes it.

I dont know the song. She sounds great but she just doesnt do it for me. I just dont feel the emotion coming from her. She bores me.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy says, loves the arrangements that she does with the song. You set the bar really high tonight. That was superb, the highest degree. The control. you Scatting and the song you chose. You did an amazing job. you slayed the biggest fish of the night. the toughest song to sing.

Jennifer thought it was beautiful and you started digging. You have an amazing opportunity to take this audience on a ride like they have never been. I would love to see you with performances that are impactful, now take us on a ride every week. you can do it.

Stephen says, everytime I hear you sing. I forget where I am.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Joshua will be next with Bruno Mars.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
It was Josh's birthday on Monday, so Fantasia sent him a good wish on a video.

I think the name of the song is Runaway. It sounds good. fast paced song, kind of a rock song. Not sure if the judges will consider him in a par with the previous three contestants. no major mistakes but nothing to write home about.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I got that wrong, the judges are all standing and clapping. lol

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen says every time you sing you can sell it. Jennifer said you have so much control in your voice. it is about being a performer, when to push, that is what you do. Randy says, I dont know what to say, it was an unbelievable performance for you, you have the look, the vocals, the performance.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Colton and Skylar are doing a duet with some song that Kelly Clarkson sang with someone else. Skylar speaks so fast.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Sounds like the name of the song is Dont you want to stay a little while. I am liking Skylar more and more. They both are doing a good job but her voice overpowers his at times. A very pretty song though.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That sounds like the name of the Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson song.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And thanks for spoiling, Maris :-)