TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/11 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 12, 2012 users admin

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Well, if it is Joshua or Jessica, we know they will save. Oh well.
Jessica bores me silly and Joshua not much better. I like Elise, but I am not a member of the main voting demographic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Joshua is safe.

Jessica is getting a reality check.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
So, the chosen one is saved.

Dang, Randy, way to make the others feel good. Jeez

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jessica has the lowest votes.
No question, they will use the save this week.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wait until next week when she's still in the bottom group and 2 will go home.

Cruzlvr

11-12-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cruzlvr a private message Print Post    
Geez the way the judges were talking about Jessica being the best and vote for the best, why don't they just send all the others home and cancel the show. Just because they think she is the best doesn't make it so. I wonder how the other contestants are feeling after that little show the three judges put on. It all look pretty contrived to me. I do think Jessica is a good singer, technically, just like a lot of people are saying but it takes more than being a good singer to make it. Look at how many are stars and really don't sing that well.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I didn't think that song choice would go over well with voters. Scat is old hat.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I was disgusted with the judges behavior tonight. How to make the others feel like crap. And then to try and force us to vote the way they want. I did not like Jessica's song at all last night. And funny how they run to save her when she is shaken up and having trouble singing. Yet they rip Hollie each week and think she is going to then somehow find self confidence and sing better.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Ditto, Skydiver. I really thought what the judges did was offensive to the other contestants, and to me. I don't like Jessica and for them to tell me she is the best, and the best ever on Idol? come on....It just wasn't right on so many levels.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have only watched AI two times this year. I come in here to see who is going and who is staying. The reason I have quit watching is because of the judges.
BTW, Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson is the best of Idol. IMO

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
That was a joke, and is going to backfire.

My question is who all was in on the plan, because it was just too scripted for me.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the show the past few weeks, and wow, doesn't sound like I missed anything. Not really into this season and don't see a star in this bunch. Some nice kids but few inspiring performances.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don't understand how Elise is still there. She has been in the final 3 almost every week. This is not a singing competition, it's a voting competition, just like DWTS...I've said this before. The winner will be Colton or Phillip because they are young and hip and appeal to the female teener boppers. There are a lot of us "older" generation who vote a lot but how can we compete with millions of young girls who go crazy over dreamy Phillip or Colton with the jazzy blonde hair.
The judges should be ashamed of themselves with their words and actions. They said <77> to the voters and now next week 2 people may go. Jessica had 1 good song and they had to save her..bull, JLo has too much emotion to be a judge. Bring back Paula and Simon. The voters expressed their opinion and let it stand.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Reminds me of when Pia got voted out. Good singer, but bland, and not much personality. They won't be able to save her again.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think two people will go next week will they? They already were one person short when they eliminated Jermaine and Shannon in the same week.

I agree with the judges saving Jessica but I didn't like the in your face way that they did it. And I think they have been far too harsh criticizing Hollie who (while certainly not a perfect singer) has talent, tries hard and is always sweet and polite. They need to step back a bit.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Why did she even sing again? Stephen Tyler already told everyone that they would be using the save tonight.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that was more than a bit anti-climactic wasn't it.

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
I don't like this save business.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The show loves to go for drama. The splitting them into two groups of three, the dramatic reveal of which group is bottom three and then the reveal that Jessica got the lowest number of votes and the judges' save. The problem is it makes some of the other contestants feel like dirt and it implies that America is stupid.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
holly and jessica. both are very young and look underage. How the heck are they dressing the girls up like hoochies each week?/

Jessica is so tiny, it actually makes me uncomfortable seeing her dress so overly sexual with Tight clothes and High spike heels.

simon cowell would have been making all kinds of derogitory comments as to their appearance. remember how he would ask them to dress age appropriate??

jessica and holly look like 11yr olds dressed like hookers in most of the episodes.

I dont know, maybe I'm the only one who doesnt like it.

Justfun

11-08-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justfun a private message Print Post    
Didn't Randy say that Jessica is one of the best singers in the Nation and that America should vote for her? I agree with all of you who said the judges may as well have sent the rest of the contestants home. It was incredibly rude! In past seasons, over the top statements have backfired on the judges. Who knows what next week will hold...

ETA...I agree about the way the younger girls dress...too tight and too short! I also keep waiting for either Hollie or Jessica to topple over off of those massive heels.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that the judges lost perspective and were way over the top with their praise for Jessica.

I was really impressed by Colton this week. Originally I was hoping for a female winner but this guy is good! I thought his performance of Love the Way You Lie was brilliant and I'm amazed at how flexible he is dueting with Skylar singing country songs.

Phillip is talented but I think he has checked out of the competition. I don't feel anything when Joshua and Jessica sing. Hollie isn't ready and they have crushed her confidence. Elise is all over the place. That leaves Skylar and Colton as my two favorites at this point.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure why the furore here, we knew they had a save card, we knew they like drama, we knew they would use it on pretty much all of the contestants so really unless Hollie or Elyse were at the bottom the save was going to be used. And it means nothing because we also knew they had a free week because that other guy was booted. It's theatre.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. It was a slam dunk that they were going to use it and they were running out of time. It was the perfect week for them. I think they went over the top with the dramatics but that's show business.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I knew they would use it, at least on Jessca or Joshua. Dial idol had Joshua in top place and totally safe, so I wonder if he really was bottom three or are they trying to get his voters out?

Now it will be embarrassing if Jessica is last next week. And now does this mean two will leave next week??

I'd feel terrible if I was Hollie.. they seemed so down on her last night and the way they indicated that this bottom three was all wrong, it kind of leaves her or Phillip.

I assume votefortheworst will be stiking with Phillip for another week.

Skylar is my favorite and I have to say Colton is right up there and he didn't start out there for me.

I was also disgusted by the judges tonight..