TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/18 - Top 7 Week - Again (Singing and Results): Archive through April 18, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And now in a repeat ....

I guess the judges will once again make their only serious critiques about Hollie which I think is unfortunate and undeserved. She is a good singer with a lot of potential for growth which is what I thought this show was supposed to be about and she does try to listen to them.

So tonight is called "Songs from Now and Then". Double the fun and pleasure.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And don't forget how they will again tell America how we got it wrong and we have to vote for the best.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Although she isn't my favorite at this point, I do like some of Jessica's performances and yet even as someone who kind of likes her I find all those comments about "America getting it wrong" supremely irritating. I can only imagine how annoying it is to someone who made the time and effort to vote for their favorite (other than Jessica).

Plus all the comments about America getting it wrong probably made the other contestants pretty unhappy (especially Hollie). No one should be made to feel bad because people like them and vote for them.

Sigh - I guess controversy builds ratings but I don't enjoy it much.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Hollie has to feel bad because they've professed their love for every other contestant but her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My nephew is a professional violist. Whenever he has to play a solo, he takes some kind of medication that helps him control his nerves. Hollie needs some of that. Jimmy is right. Her nerves constrict her vocal cords and chokes the sound trying to come out, so she ends up forcing it and it doesn't sound as good. I think Hollie has great potential. She just needs some help with those nerves. Maybe hypnosis?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Seacrest will be giving a short tribute to Dick Clark on the show tonight...

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Hollie is up first - singing Rolling in the deep - She sounds good, seems relaxed. Changed her hair.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
At the show's opening they had all the idols on stage, I cannot even begin to describe what Elise is wearing. At this point it cant be poor styling, it must be her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Hollie has a big voice but singing Adele? Too many people are attempting that of late.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen said you finally did what America has been waiting for you to do, came out of your shell, it was perfect, it was beautiful.

Jennifer, is so happy right now. When we say no thinking, that is what we have been waiting for. You did it.

Randy -- I am not going to say it was perfect, it was close to perfect. What I loved, for the first time ever, you had feeling you had emotion. Hollie, very well done

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Of course Randy won't say it's perfect. He'll save that for Jessica and Joshua.

(I'm not watching yet so thanks for spoiling, Maris.)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
You are welcome Mamie.

Colton put some sort of red streak in his hair. Coltons sister comes up on stage,

He is going to sing bad romance by Lady Gaga.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Weak performance if you ask me. He is wearing red leather pants to match his hair color.

I love Lady Gaga and he is not pulling this off. Lets see what the judges say.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy, you are so in the zone, I dont think this is the greatest performance but I love to see your interpretation of Gaga. Job well done.

Jennifer said exciting performance, parts she loved and there were parts you lost us a little bit but it didnt matter.

Stephen, I am not sure if I loved your outfit more, the Idol set. Keep taking chances and risks.

Seriously? these judges cannot say anything bad about Colton. I shudder to think if Elise had turned in that performance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That may be a bad song choice, but I'm guessing that all the whining about voters getting it wrong and saving of Jessica in such a blantant and showy way helps to constrict Hollie's vocal cords too..

Not watching yet, of course, just commenting.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Elise is up next. Love Jimmy's line -- Elise has a vacation home in the bottom 3. lol.

She is going to sing Noone by Alicia Keyes.

Jimmy doesnt understand why she isnt doing well.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love Elise's rendition of Noone. Dress looks stupid. Judges better not pan this.....

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Maris, thanks so much for spoiling. Much appreciated!

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jennifer -- I got my first goosies of the night. When you smile and when you are feeling it, your eyes come alive. congratulations.

Stephen - I love you, I love you lots. It was great, delicious. Wished there was a better chorus.

Randy -- you sang the song great, you stayed with the melody for a change. Great lesson in restraint for you. It was very good.

I think the judges have been reading the blogs or Jimmy slapped them around.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
YW Auntie.

BTW, Elise's dog is really sick and may not make it, very emotional week for her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm to the part in my recording where Colton is on stage. I'm not feelin' the red stripe. It looks like he narrowly escaped an ax-murderer, but not before his forehead took a chop.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
or his sister had hair color left over from her dye job. lol

Phillip is going to sing an Usher song. Jimmy loves the interpretation of the song.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
He sounds good, I like it. The name of the song could be "youve got it bad" since that seems to be the chorus

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I skipped over a bunch of the talking in the beginning to catch up quicker....Did they actually say yet that 2 are going home for sure next week?

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Judges are standing, applauding.

Stephen, you fool us all the way down the line. You have melody, it is just beautiful. It was great tonight.

Jennifer - that was so sexy. Phillip is blushing, seriously blushing. She loves when he shows that side of him.

Randy - dude, I smile every week that I see you. What I smile about is I feel like this year we have a true artist on the stage. Every time you come up you try to be original, you try to be yourself. You know who you are. you are the bomb