TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5/09 - Top 4 Week (Singing and Result...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/09 - Top 4 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 09, 2012Maineiac25 05-09-12  6:51 pm
Archive through May 10, 2012Shocker7625 05-10-12  10:43 am
Archive through May 10, 2012Idolworship25 05-10-12  5:56 pm
Archive through May 11, 2012Granjan25 05-11-12  8:36 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I so totally agree with you Gran. The person with the most beautiful voice is gone :-(

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I know that kids dress more provocatively then when I was a kid but she is way over the top.

Bama, my 15 and 16 year old daughters commented last night on Jessica's outfit. They said "can you cover yourself a little better Jessica". LOL

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I loved Jessica's white pants with the black going down the sides.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I feel that Jessica is trying to grow up too fast and sings, dresses way beyond her years. There is no shame in being a "normal" 16 year old. I'm afraid those around her, judges included, have pushed her to be "older" than she should be. She does have a good voice but needs to grow in maturity to become really great.

At least with Hollie, and even Joshua and Phillip, I get a sense of fun and relaxation that Jessica doesn't seem to have. She is so uptight for one so young. I really feel sorry for her and her false sense of security.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I blame that on the stylists and make-up artists. I remember several years back when Paula made a comment to one of the girls about how she looked too "grown-up" and the contestant said it wasn't her idea, it was the backstage people that were dressing her and doing her make-up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved Hollie's dress last night. It was so cute and age appropriate...the color was perfect for her complexion. I could see my 15-year old in that dress, although she probably wouldn't wear the shoes (not because she wouldn't want to but she's 5'7 and already taller than most of the boys in her grade...LOL!).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think way too many young girls in the "business" dress too old and grow up too fast.

I honestly think it will be a Phillip/Joshua finale and not just because I love Phillip. I've felt that for a while. I think Joshua will probably win and that's okay but just the feeling I have.

And I do love Phillip. I don't care if he's "cutesy", he can sing like Dave Matthews or Damien Rice and that's my kind of genre.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mamie, ITA with you about young girls in the business growing up too fast. However, on Idol these girls are dressed and made up by stylists.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I think it will be a male winner this year and early on I thought for sure one of the girls would take it. (since it's been a while)

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Roxip, my daughter has the same problem.lol

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I keep teling her (I barely am 5'3) that some day she is going to appreciate the fact that she is tall (and naturally thin). She doesn't believe me right now because darned middle school boys haven't hit their growth spurt yet...but next year she will be in high school and I suspect her dating life will be a lot more active (because of course I'm prejudiced but she's stunningly beautiful of course...even though she looks NOTHING like me!).

Sia

03-10-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I was totally "over" AI the minute JLo fell over herself rushing to the stage to take the mic from Jessica Sanchez the night Jessica SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED. The AI winner is supposed to be chosen based upon popularity, not the judges' agenda. Jennifer Lopez's obvious bias for Joshua, who screams all of his songs, and for Jessica, whose affectations I find offputting and age-inappropriate have made me disgusted enough that I don't care WHO wins AI this year.

The best singers, imo, were Elise Testone and Skylar. Phillip's songs all sounded the same to me until this week; he was consistently FLAT, which I guess is his singing style. Both Phillip and Joshua surprised me this week, however, and they both decided to actually SING A MELODY and really *sing* their songs. Hollie was good, but not the best, and not deserving of being in the top four.

The judges ruined the whole thing when they used the save on Jessica, who did not deserve it. She can sing, but she's just not my cup of tea. And if the voters just didn't like her well enough to keep her in the competition, it was WRONG of the judges to keep her.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Beginning with the first day of Season 1, I have watched every single episode of AI. This season, I have gradually become more and more disenchanted. I just couldn't bear to watch the elimination this week before knowing who was going home. When I read it was Hollie, I still didn't watch. I just simply deleted the episode from my DVR. I also canceled upcoming recordings. I've had enough.

I admit I am still carrying a grudge against the judges for the way they behaved when Jessica was one of the bottom 2. They had every right to save her. That's what the save is for. But, to rush the stage and and behave as they did, I still believe was hugely inappropriate to the voters and the other contestants.

In my opinion, I feel that we are left with 2 screamers and someone who is an acquired taste. I really like Phillip Phillips, but I don't know that I could sit and listen to an entire album by him.

Jessica's rendition of You're Gonna Love Me left me cold. I think she has a powerful voice and can hit a wide range of notes, but I think she needs more time. I'm not a fan at this point.

I think Josh is also a power singer who is able to transmit feelings when he sings. However, I am just not a big fan of all that growly screaming.

So, I will wish them all well, and will check here to see who wins. But, otherwise, I out.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Oh, I'll watch to the very end. I am disenchanted with this season as well. It started out to be a good one too. I understand the save & it's purpose but still think it was used too soon this season. The save should only be used at F5 or F6 after the viewers have already eliminated 6 or 7 from the top 12. I liked how they used to do it: all top 12 girls sing one night, all top 12 guys sing the next night. The 2 guys & 2 gals with the fewest votes go home that wk. They do this for 3 wks until we have the top 6 guys & 6 gals........but, WE had a say in who went home already!

The judges have forced Jessica & Joshua on the public so noticibly this season. IMO, the judges just don't want to give up the control that they have. In the past, when it got to the viewer vote part, the judges job was basically done. I liked that! They did their job, they found America 24 undiscovered folks that we can look at for the next few month & WE can determine who WE want for the next American Idol! The judges just won't let go..........they've turned this into THEIR choice instead of Americas......

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I agree 100%, Texasdeb.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: