TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: General Discussions: Archive through July 12, 2012 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Alledgedly they're going to retool the voting and or other things next year. They think the WGWG are winning via (pre)teen girls voting,and are forgetting/ignorant of the frauen.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have little faith they will change the voting as they love to announce the number of votes has increased each year and each year they add more voting time and more phone lines and additional ways to vote.

In other countries, it costs money to vote. That tends to restrict the voting to people who are really serious about spending money on these contestants and reduces the vote for the worst element.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The huge flaw in this year's contest was the judge's save of Jessica back when they did it...and in the manner they did it. I truly believe that there were other, stronger contestants than Phillip, but by shoving Jessica down the viewers' throats like they...I do not believe Jessica ever had a chance to win this thing...it didn't matter whether he had a guitar or not. He was so much more appealing than the last contestant, and Joshua (who I actually thought had a good chance of winning) was over-praised and I think the voters backlashed against him too. The judges should try and remain impartial and actually do their jobs...but we know that isn't going to happen with this panel.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Philip Philips has done well already.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-extra-phillip-phillips-big-week-202116082.html

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved Phillip from the start and voted every week. I think the right one won and it had nothing to do with teeny boppers voting. I am no teeny bopper.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad that he's doing well out of the gate. I hope that he has a long and properous future in the music business.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Phillip was one of my fav's from the very beginning as well. He's different, he's talented, he has great stage presence, & he has a personality that America fell in love with. What better criteria for an American Idol!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
KL, I also read somewhere that they are probably going to re-tool the voting. It sounds like America will still vote, but then the judges will decide who out of the bottom three will go home. By doing this, Ryan can still announce every Wednesday how many people voted.

Hopefully, if they go this route, it will prevent Jennifer from having to rush the stage in such an overly-dramatic fashion to save a contestant.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The judges they are now are to "namby pamby" and can't make a decision for fear of hurting someone's feelings. They "like" everyone so having them choose one from the bottom three might be more than they could handle. But then, maybe they would finally be made to earn the ridiculous amount of money they get for being a judge. Life is hard when you're a judge on Idol!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In this past season, if Philip was in the bottom 3.... would they have saved him? I don't think I like the new voting rules.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure they would have saved him. However we aren't privy to the voting numbers (I know they have said they aren't but I don't tend to believe them...after all...their mouths are moving). I think they would go with the popular tide unless it was one of their particular pets.

Just think, in year's past we could have had some real lulus if we go by who was the judge's favorites...one word: Stefan.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Instead of gloating about more and more "record-setting" votes, they should limit votes per phone and not throw them to facebook, where friends and more friends can easily throw in votes based on someone else posting, thus we have people who may not even watch the show making decisions. Then we have the judges being flakey too.

I guess they make money on texts, so that means to me they are really more interested in:

money
numbers to quote
drama
ratings
pimping their own songs, videos

and way down after that.. OH.. yes, this was supposed to be a contest where a talented singer would get a contract, career, following.. or at least a start.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
So happy to hear his surgery went well.

Phillip Phillips finally went under the knife to remove the enormous kidney stones that almost derailed his run to the "American Idol" title ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Phillip had the 6 and a half hour long surgery in L.A. yesterday -- and he is recovering well today. The stones that were removed were so huge there was no chance he could've passed them on his own.

As TMZ first reported, Phil was scheduled to have the surgery last week ... but it was delayed because he had a fever and sinus infection.

Phillip suffered through excruciating pain during the entire season of 'Idol.' It obviously paid off.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Season 10 winner Scotty McCreery graduated from high school today. Last night at the CMT Awards he won Breakthrough Video of the Year. Yay, Scotty!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Carly Smithson is apparently expecting.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard this moring that the shunt they had put in Phillip to help him through the competition was too long and had actually become embedded...had to be dug out with a lazer! UGH!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Poor baby!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Dirty, rotten thieves!!

tv.yahoo.com/news

'American Idol' Champ Phillip Phillips' Family Pawn Shop Burglarized

While American Idol winner Phillip Phillips was celebrating his release from the hospital following painful kidney surgery, crooks were vandalizing and robbing his family's pawn shop in Albany, Ga.

The thieves utilized a backhoe to bust through the rear entrance of the shop. Approximately $4,000 worth of merchandise was taken from the store, including handguns, flat-screen television sets, necklaces, rings, antique pieces and coins, and the entire cash register, which at the time had about $110 in the drawer, according to a report from TMZ.

The backhoe belonged to Albany Water Gas and Light and was reportedly hotwired and stolen from a nearby job site. The phone lines and power were cut off in advance of the robbery, authorities said.

(more at the link)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
They should be forced to sit through the bad auditions!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Philips first gig is on the 4th of July.

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/phillip-phillips-comeback-dc-american-idol/story/?gt1=28103

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I see where Glee is designing a character for Jessica Sanchez - She will be the first Idol Alum to appear on Glee, and a recurring character.

Yes, I think she has always been the chosen one. She should be joining the show mid-season after the Idol tour, which should start soon, if not already happening.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh. Why do they have to do that? She and Phillip are the reasons we didn't watch the finale for the first time since AI has been on. Why do they have to ruin Glee? Ugh.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Michael Ausiello just reported on Twitter that Steven Tyler has quit American Idol. No other details yet.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
More info:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/12/steven-tyler-leaving-idol/

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I heard on the radio that Jennifer Lopez is not coming back. And they said it was possible Steven and Randy were both leaving, too. Looks like they were right about Steven. Sounds like he wants to concentrate on music and touring.