TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: General Discussions: Archive through July 17, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Steven: http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/12/steven-tyler-american-idol-leaving/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D178433

Jennifer:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/12/jennifer-lopez-american-idol-judge/

The Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis rumors.. looking like another show I will not be missing when I don't watch.

(Still haven't watched Am Got Talent yet and the clips from X Factor make me doubt that, though I still like Simon)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought Randy and Ryan both had contracts..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Steven is out according to TMZ. I like Steven,I love Aerosmith- but he was not a good judge.He seemed like he was dialing it in this past season.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
With JLo gone and Steven gone I may just watch again. Depends upon who replaces them, I guess.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
<<<---- praying for the return of Paula.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Confirmed via TMZ JLo out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Please, NO PAULA! Sorry, Lexie, I know you and I agree on a lot of things, but I'm just so over that has-been. She's just too spacey, weird and was worse than JLo about gushing over the mediocre contestants with "You look so pretty!" Ugh.

I hope Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis are both outlandish rumors, too. Can't stand either one of them.

Adam Lambert would be awesome (and more current). Katy Perry would be a great judge ("This is not a Lifetime movie, sister"), but she's probably way too busy.

Randy has needed to go for a long time. He has relatively little to contribute other than, "Yo dawg," "You did your thing," and "I worked with [Journey, Mariah, etc.]." I've been over him for a long time. Except for the clothes. He always wears something interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I heard talks with Mariah were serious. I guess she can bring the crazy - Paula is so over, she won't be on anything soon. She has an unreliable component that needs to be balanced out with value, and apparently she committed that crime of being an older woman now.

When AI started, Simon and Randy were not well known, Paula was a has been and the focus was on the contestants, since then each of the singing shows tries to make it about the judges. Ithink that J-LO and Steven had enough of a resurgence now, they can move on.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I think Adam Lambert would be such a great choice. He's young, hip, over the top talented - voice & showman - and he obviously knows what it takes to win.

I'm glad JLo and Steven are out . . and hope Randy is too. This show needs totally revamping.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The show has jumped the shark and should go off the air. The last few idol winners are not even memorable and haven't had a lot of success. Time will tell what PP does.
Most likely the show will be back though since even with the sinking ratings it pulls in a big share of the viewing audience. I'd love to see Adam Lambert as a judge. They could also bring in Kelly Clarkson as the replacement for JLo.
Who better to critique than 2 former contestants, one of whom was actually the winner?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see Kelly Clarkson as a judge. She is a genuine proven talented artist and she obviously knows all about AI.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, Scotty seems to be doing well, so it was mainly Lee DeWyze that irritated so many. And many of the past contestants have good careers.

I think the newer shows have issues that make them less reliable. I like the initial auditions on the Voice, but hate the battle rounds, it is so easy to skew the results to get what you want and there have been questions about the voices being altered on that show, much as it has been seen that the voices are altered on the X factor.

Now, I do hear echo effects being added to some voices on Idol, the favorites are often flat, so I don't think they are auto tuning like the others. And Idol is the only just votes show left, the others are all heavily favored toward the pre-selected winners since the judges have more say, judges save aside.

I think there are just too many winners out there and the idol gets diluted because anyone in the top 10/12/13 can be promoted asa winner after the show.

I am still amazed at how much promotion Pia and (way back) Tamyra received and think it shows her as a judges favorite.

On the other hand, some people have not been supported and are still having decent careers like Talyor Hicks, who tours regularly and appears in features. Or Diana who has made a name for herself on Broadway. Even one of the early ejections of season 3 has contracts to do sports announcing and a hair club contract.

Those that do well in music tend to do pretty good, not everyone can be a Carrie (a well honed profession portrayed as just a farm girl on the show).

Now the people who won or did well on the Voice or X factor - no idea what they are doing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. AI may have some less than successful winners but The Voice and X-Factor people have all vanished.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
I hear Steven Tyler is leaving AI. Anyone have any clue as to who will be replacing him? Sure will miss Steven. He really added spice to the show.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Lady, bot Steven Tyler and JLo are leaving AI. No word yet on replacements.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Oh no! Not JLo too!! Let us know if you hear anything...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ladybug, scroll up in this thread for links..

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea!

I've been an Idol fan for years but if Charlie Sheen becomes a judge, I'll most likely stop watching it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think Sheen was a joke, just like one article suggested Beiber.

I think I would like one chair for rotating Idol alumni. This would give them a chance to try someone out to see how they would do and if there is an outstanding Alumni, they can offer them a regular role the next year. I think there are enough of them to have at least one capable of doing it. I would b e sorry if they just picked one right off the bat without trying them out because they could make a permanent mistake, where a rotating one would give them an opportunity to find a gem.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Aretha wants to be a judge.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, what a great idea to have a rotating chair!

Go Aretha! Love her!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't like rotating chair, not because I wouldn't want to see various people but that just makes the judging more uneven and unfair, especially if the judges are to have more power now.

I really think that in general, younger judges would be good.

But Tony Bennet would be good.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing Sadie a rotating chair of AI alum and then 2 other stars/musicians as fixtures. But plz not Mariah. I have never liked anything about her, not her music or her persona.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that the rotating chair would only last one year until they could find who has the best chemistry.

Kelly Pickler is an amusing person, but not very big in the brain department. Some friends saw her film smarter than a 5th grader and when it was shown on TV they commented on how she was like a genius compared to what she was in person and I think she used all her helps right away and then quit. So no Kelly P, please. But a lot of other idols have enough of a sense of humor and honesty, Like I said, they can screen them, and they have tons to choose from.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Walmart had Phillip 2, Jessica and Joshua's cd for $5.00 each. There is 5 songs on Phillip's and I would assume the other two as well. Just thought I would mention it if anyone is interested. I bought Phillip's, but haven't listened to it yet.