TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Glass House

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Glass House users admin

GlassHouse01
The Glass House (on ABC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESMizinvanccouver1350 55 07-24-12  1:55 pm
Archive through July 30, 2012Reader23425 07-30-12  7:03 pm
Archive through July 31, 2012Flagg25 07-31-12  6:52 pm
Archive through August 03, 2012Reader23425 08-03-12  7:08 am
Archive through August 07, 2012Kep42125 08-07-12  12:00 pm
Archive through August 13, 2012Hiyall25 08-13-12  8:01 pm
Archive through August 14, 2012Dipo25 08-14-12  6:49 pm
Archive through August 15, 2012Pam2uall25 08-15-12  6:08 pm
Archive through August 17, 2012Angelicfairies225 08-17-12  9:46 am
Archive through August 20, 2012Sanfranjoshfan23 08-20-12  11:25 am
Archive through August 21, 2012Karuuna25 08-21-12  11:12 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I agree with your comments, Gumby. If I was to guess why the shift from Stephanie, Gene, etc., it would be the dramatics. A little drama can be fun. A lot can eventually turn your audience against you. Erica was dramatic, but she was also funny. I think that is why she lasted as long as she did. I thought her final speech was the best of the three.

I was OK with Kevin winning. But, I would have been OK with either of the ladies winning, as well.

I hope each player in the Glass House learned things about themselves, and others, that will improve each of their lives.

I actually enjoyed The Glass House. In many ways, I thought it was so much more fun than BB. In other ways, not so much. I, too, would like to see, with some tweaking, a Season 2.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I loved the Glass House until all the political drama, then I quit watching. I liked the hg's much better than BB.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Take a different approach, call it something different whether it be union or whatever."

Why don't straight people change their marriages to "union" or some other lesser term?

The answer is because they would feel like they "gave up" something important because the term "marriage" has a loftier esteem value than "union" or "domestic partner". They just don't want us to be "equal"...they want to retain their feeling of superiority.

"Separate but equal" is not equal. It's simply a way to preserve discrimination be keeping a single word, "marriage", exclusive to straights in order to denigrate gay couples.

Besides, there are already thousands of legally married gay couples in the US (18,000 in California alone)....so the term "marriage" ALREADY means both opposite sex and same sex marriage. That ship has sailed so the argument over the word itself has been rendered baseless.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
well I watched most of the shows and a lot of the feed, and I liked Jeffrey and Erica, Kevin was ok, and I really disliked Mike.

I like Gene and Joy was ok but I didn't see them getting to far in the game. What was most apparent to me was that Jeffrey figured out the game and it took some of them forever to do so.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Shoot Pamy. I just spit water all over the place!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So it is over?

I haven't watched for weeks..just no time and found myself not caring a whole lot, I suppose.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
lol costa!

Gumby

08-14-2004

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Yes Sea, it's over. Kevin won.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
I found it funny when Andrea said she thought she had played a good game.
I'm sure they all thought they played a good game but IMO there was no game being played. It was a popularity contest. I knew Kevin had this won the first episode.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Caprica, you're right, it was Kevin's to lose. I initially liked Kevin, then he lost me on the "we're the good people" thing; but maybe if I wasn't a BB fan or if I had been a Friendship fan, that wouldn't have fazed me.

And Andrea lost me with her Prop. 8 stance and her reaction to Jeffrey's reaction, making herself the victim.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
The Mormons aren't trying to control anybody. They believe in free agency, in fact they consider it a gift from God. Why on earth are they being blamed for a decision made by the voters of California. Individual states have a right to decide these issues and individual groups have a right to support whatever they want. You lost at the ballot box and the 9th circuit court decision will most likely be overturned as it quite often is. <77>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
<77 - continuity only>

I have a problem because people came to California with the express reason to try and effect change of California peoples opinions, and I felt they should have stayed out of my state and kept their opinions in their own state.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Here here Dipo.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The beginning was more entertaining than the end, and BB is still King.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Well I am bummed. I really wanted Jeffrey to win. Oh well! I didn't invest much time. I agree Lycanthrope, BB is still King.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was so excited to see live feeds & was so disappointed. Watching them dress up in costumes & play badmitton - how lame.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I think one of the problems with the show was we got to vote on quite a bit of stuff but never got to really see the outcome of the votes. Everything was crammed into 1 hour a week and they didn't have time to show a lot of it. I really think it can be a good show with some fine tuning. I'm hoping they give it a second chance. I never watched the feeds, their times didn't fit with my schedule. Maybe they showed a lot more on there.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I also didn't like that there was such a short window to vote on things. If you weren't watching the feeds when the vote came up, you missed it. And like Gumby said, the feed times didn't fit well with my schedule, either. I much prefer BB giving us at least a day to vote and feeds to watch whenever we have time.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This show had potential but it wasn't on TV or the Internet enough for me to get any sense of continuity or understanding of what was happening. I found it too disconnected. I would have watched more if there was more of it to watch.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Disconnected is a good way to describe it, Jimmer. I think that's what bothered me about it, too. It felt so disjointed that I had trouble caring about any of the people.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"You lost at the ballot box and the 9th circuit court decision will most likely be overturned as it quite often is. <77>"

That did not happen, of course, as most people who understand the issue expected. That hateful Prop 8 law was overturned and it will stay that way, thanks to the Supreme Court of the United States.

We should all take a moment to applaud the defeat of hateful discrimination in the fine state of California.

applause

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah! clapping very hard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've been very happy this week with those decisions and delightfully, I have tickets for Saturday to see the season ending concert of Men Alive, Orange County's Gay Men's Chorus and it is going to be even more wonderful with this to celebrate!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: