TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 24: Archive through May 08, 2017 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Agree, Naja. GO CUBS!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I loved having Mandy Moore as a guest judge. She knows the dancers and how far they have come so she could appreciate what they did last night. Also, her critiques were to the point and not gushingly fan-girl.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Mandy Moore! lol. She was grating on my nerves, then I wondered if she was auditioning for a judge position.

Just different

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Roteach ITA re:Mandy Moore. Until recently I thought she was the same person that stars on This Is Us because they have the same name. LOL.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm sad to see Nick go. he has a cute personality. Was always playful in his clips. Entertaining. Dance talent-wise, it was probably time for him to go however. I am glad he lasted this long.

I'm not surprised about Nancy. She came off more likable last night but she just seems bratty still. I don't see her having a huge fan base. I'm thinking Simone and Rashad - final two.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Really, I thought Mandy's comments were great. I wasn't watching so much as listening while doing something else.

I thought the right 2 people went home. Now, Bonner needs to go. I like David, but of the remaining, I'd rather see him go before the finale.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the dances a whole lot more when they use the approbate music rather than trying to dance a tango to 'Rap' or the like. Latin music for latin dances is so much better to watch...and I imagine to dance to.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Most of the time the dances are waaay over-produced. A little stage setting is OK. Should not have dance troop as part of competition number either.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I adore Mandy Moore! She seems so down to earth, and she is a fabulous choreographer. I almost always recognize her choreography in the opening dances on this show and SYTYCD. Her dances are always just FUN!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Mandy Moore is an amazing choreographer! I was so impressed with her critiques.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
There is a video going around with Mandy Moore illustrating how the opening of La La land ( another day of sun) was precision choreographed. It's great.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Len has always complained about the "theatrics" that these pros put into their dances and the lack of "content," which is why I'm always totally bewildered that that these pros insist on putting 10 members of the dance troupe into their competition dance.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's to make it more entertaining to the viewing public. I'm sure production is fully onboard with it and the judges know that as well. Len whines on about it for credibility. This show is probably a lot more similar to shows like The Bachelor than you'd think.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Len needs to retire. He's so grumpy and just kind of mean sometimes. When he was gone last season for several weeks, I didn't miss him at all!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I like Len I think he adds gravitas to the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Len.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind the theatrics this week because it was movie night and they were staging a scene. Other times, I feel they might be using theatrics to pull focus from the "star" if said "star" is weak technically.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Another vote for Len. I think he adds to the show and I'd miss him. I wish Julianne would go back to dancing. She's okay as a judge but she is such a great dancer and so good working with the contestants. I understand why she wouldn't want to though, given the great arrangement she has now.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Len too. And, I agree that there's too much 'fluff' in some of the dances. When he makes a comment about substance, the next week the Pro will take that into consideration, as did Val this week with the Argentine tango. So, I think they work to impress him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also agree that sometimes they use staging to hide a star's shortcomings...it really drives me crazy when they use the strobes and smoke and you can't really see the dancing at all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Which is why they use the strobes and smoke so you can't see the star's dancing... LOL

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I like Len. .. Bruno's schtick gets on my nerves though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WOO HOO!

My David was safe and

Bonner went home!

Go Cubbies!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja!!!

Go David ! Loved his dance tonight, Bruno was on to something when he said people are going to be downloading and copying that dance!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So cute, so two more performance shows, then the final results. Who do you want to win?