|
Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net
| |
Thread |
Last Poster |
Posts |
Pages |
Last Post |
   | Household Notebook/Control Journal | Lkunkel | 9 | 1 | 08-06-04 4:02 pm |
   | ARCHIVES | Dipo | 3825 | 156 | 09-18-25 7:08 pm |
   | Archive through October 04, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 10-04-25 7:33 am |
   | Archive through October 18, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 10-18-25 8:52 am |
   | Archive through October 29, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 10-29-25 10:57 am |
   | Archive through November 10, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 11-10-25 10:21 am |
   | Archive through November 17, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 11-17-25 1:53 pm |
   | Archive through December 01, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 12-01-25 2:39 pm |
   | Archive through December 10, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 12-10-25 3:52 pm |
   | Archive through December 18, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 12-18-25 5:33 pm |
   | Archive through December 30, 2025 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 12-30-25 2:40 pm |
   | Archive through January 07, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 01-07-26 11:51 am |
   | Archive through January 11, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 01-11-26 6:10 pm |
   | Archive through January 21, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 01-21-26 12:16 pm |
   | Archive through February 01, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 02-01-26 11:23 am |
   | Archive through February 12, 2026 | Mack | 25 | 1 | 02-12-26 7:17 pm |
   | Archive through February 24, 2026 | Mack | 25 | 1 | 02-24-26 6:25 pm |
   | Archive through March 07, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 03-07-26 3:35 pm |
   | Archive through March 20, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 03-20-26 3:19 pm |
   | Archive through April 05, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 04-05-26 5:44 pm |
   | Archive through April 17, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 04-17-26 2:06 pm |
   | Archive through April 30, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 04-30-26 4:18 pm |
   | Archive through May 14, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 05-14-26 1:42 pm |
   | Archive through May 21, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 05-21-26 5:44 pm |
   | Archive through June 06, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 06-06-26 12:14 pm |
   | Archive through June 22, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 06-22-26 8:44 am |
   | Archive through July 02, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 07-02-26 4:02 pm |
   | Archive through July 19, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 07-19-26 1:10 pm |
   | Archive through August 03, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 08-03-26 1:41 pm |
   | Archive through August 18, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 08-18-26 4:00 pm |
   | Archive through August 31, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 08-31-26 1:27 pm |
   | Archive through September 17, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 09-17-26 2:57 pm |
   | Archive through September 26, 2026 | Mack | 25 | 1 | 09-26-26 9:48 am |
   | Archive through October 01, 2026 | Dipo | 25 | 1 | 10-01-26 2:03 pm |
| |
Start New Thread |
|
|
|
|
|
| Author |
Message |
Mack
Member
07-22-2002
| Friday, October 02, 2026 - 7:22 am
Back to our cleanup and reorganization chores today. I think we’ll both focus on our master bath vanities. We do have totally separation vanities so we can both work on them without getting in the way. Tomorrow son comes over and he and I are going to dismantle the weight machine in the exercise/crafts room and move it to his house. With that out of the way I’m going to reconfigure the TV and surround sound system up there. Other than the pending window replacement and change in window treatment that room will be done.
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Friday, October 02, 2026 - 2:16 pm
Friday's Mission https://www.flylady.net/ It's Clean Your Purse/Car Day AND time to get down and dirty with the cobwebs and the dust bunnies. Look up and look down, get the dust off the baseboards and the cobwebs out of the corners in the ceiling. While you are looking up, does your light fixture need dusting? I ended up going out to lunch - Chili's - so just getting back to my daily routine. I made Cold Coffee, took out the trash and straightened up the kitchen. Grabbed the mail and a package at the front door. Working on email/socials, missing Tarans update, LOL, but watching Perry Mason now. Off to email.
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Friday, October 02, 2026 - 2:17 pm
Mack that sounds great, getting another room in the house back for your use.
|
Grooch
Member
06-16-2006
| Friday, October 02, 2026 - 2:29 pm
Ha! I did my cobwebs on Tuesday. Though I will do a second round on my next days off.
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Friday, October 02, 2026 - 3:49 pm
LOL, I love when I do the mission before it happens.
|
Mack
Member
07-22-2002
| Friday, October 02, 2026 - 3:57 pm
A slight change in the order of what happened today. Carey felt even though we have a large master bathroom I would have to get by her if I worked on my vanity. So I tackled the exercise/crafts room and got the equipment stack moved. That room has become the final destination for older audio video equipment like flat screens, receivers, dvd/blu-ray players, and speakers. They all still work but audio visual stuff is my realm and I like to have state-of-the-art equipment in our main viewing areas like the family room and theater. Carey has always asked that I have an exit strategy for the older equipment, minus those pieces which just plain break, and the exercise/crafts room gets the older equipment. Anyhow, I got the stack moved and rewired everything so it’s totally functional. Carey finished her vanity and started on the small linen closet in the master bath. I will go after my vanity tomorrow.
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Saturday, October 03, 2026 - 11:03 am
Saturday ... a day for fun and no chores, LOL ... Cleaned up the kitchen, brewed some coffee, copied the menu to a printer friendly format, refilled water bottles and changed out the brita filter!! Also cleaned up the printer area, apparently, I need some new ink, so I ordered some. Time to work on email/socials
|
Mack
Member
07-22-2002
| Saturday, October 03, 2026 - 4:17 pm
Another step forward today. Son came over and we disassembled the weight machine and loaded in his truck and off to his house. Other than easy and minor rearrangement the exercise/crafts room is done. That means the laundry, pantry, kitchen, and exercise/crafts rooms are done. Master bath is 1/2 to 2/3 done as I still have to do my vanity. Slowly but surely we are working through the projects.
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Sunday, October 04, 2026 - 11:44 am
Sunday ... a day for rest and reflection and BINGO ... Cleaned u the kitchen this morning so I could get the dishwasher going before it gets too hot, brewed some coffee and hit the showers to cool off from the night. It's not getting that cool at night, just waiting for Wednesday when this heatwave is supposed to be over. Time to grab some coffee and deal with emails/socials.
|
Mack
Member
07-22-2002
| Monday, October 05, 2026 - 10:16 am
Got my vanity done this morning. Next up is the office. We still haven’t totally got the office back to where we want it once we torn down Carey’s second office. Starting back during the Covid pandemic Carey worked mostly from home as there were times her headquarters building was completely shut down. Even after the pandemic she still worked from home one or two days a week and frequently on the weekend.
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Monday, October 05, 2026 - 12:22 pm
Monday's Mission https://www.flylady.net/ Its Home Blessing Day AND we are back to the kitchen. Time to clean the trash can! I've been busy, even tho it is hotter than hell (well not really) I changed out my summer table runner for a fall one, LOL. It just feels wrong since it is so hot. Also watered the inside plants. Probably should check the outside ones too, but I did water them yesterday. I also woke up feeling odd, deep voice, itchy eyes so I decided it was time to clear out the cold/flu meds that are outdated and then take something for my "allergy". Found several items to put in with the batteries for special recycling. Gathered everything up to go get some coffee and clean up the kitchen. Started to unload the dishwasher and the dishes aren't clean, did I forget to start it yesterday, LOL. So running now. then I cleaned out my plastics - I want to get some new lock and lock glass containers so trashed the #5 plastics that I have had for over 20 years. Yesterday the 49er's were playing, yeah for the win, so a majority of the Bingo players didn't show. We had to cut down the cost to $3 and only play 5 games instead of 6. the payout was $3. I didn't win anything, LOL but it was fun playing. The other thing I did was "prune" my flowers, dumped the vase, cleaned it and put in new water, then cut all the stems and put it back together. Finally I took my "cinnamon rolls" scraped off alot of the icing and put them into individual containers so I they are easier to eat. They came from Safeway in a big plastic container that held 6. So now I will enjoy my coffee, work on email/socials and try to stay still and cool. Oh I need to go and buy those new storage containers.
|
Grooch
Member
06-16-2006
| Tuesday, October 06, 2026 - 6:00 am
Today my main goals are cleaning out the refrigerator and spot cleaning some doggie pee stains on the carpet. (My dog made quite a few mistakes on the rug last week with all the rainy weather we had from the never ending nor easter we had. I bought a Bissel Little Green machine yesterday at Costco for $70. I'll see how that works. I have a hoover rug cleaner that can clean the whole rug and cleans really well, but the seal on the waste water compartment broke. They dont make my model anymore, so I can find a replacement seal for $20. If they were still making my machine, it would be less than $5. Or I can buy a whole replacement waste water compartment for $80. And I watched a YouTube on how to replace that seal, and I'd rather buy the replacement than attempt to replace the seal. Well, he's been meaning to replace the rug for the past 2 years with laminate wood, and it will be done some day, so do I really need a stand up carpet cleaner that takes a lot of space and I have to carry it up and done the basement stairs when I need to use it? I don't think so. So, I'll try the Bissell and see how it goes. And if it doesn't do a good job or a pain in the butt to use, I'll return it. And by the way, this Bissell machine is going to count as one of my bf's Birthday present this week. Lol! I wanted to clean the fridge yesterday, but I had to drive to the town with stores thats 20 minutes away and do my errands and shopping. I don't know why, but going shopping for the day always wears me out. I got home about 3 hours later and I tried to start in the fridge. I got one drawer all done and said to myself its better er to wait for the next day if I want a good job done. So, off to get these jobs done.
|
Grooch
Member
06-16-2006
| Tuesday, October 06, 2026 - 6:28 am
Oh, good lord. I just finished vacuuming the room I need to clean the rug. I am going to have to take my power nozzle to get fixed at the repair store soon. Having problems changing the rug level. Only problem is that the store is closed on my days off (as is everything else that I need to go to, or go out to eat, so frustrating.) And the repair place is in Store town which is 29 minutes away, so I can't go on a lunch break. Anyway, the rug is vacuumed and I decided to watch a YouTube video on my Bissel before putting it together, and what comes up on my feed? Best 50 deals on Amazon Prime Day. Done by the Deal Guy, who I watch for Costco deals. I'm going to have to watch that first, and compare prices, etc. Let's see how far I get today.
|
Mack
Member
07-22-2002
| Tuesday, October 06, 2026 - 6:42 am
Not sure what the plan is today for the Mack house. Carey got up at 5:15 AM to get ready to go to a monthly breakfast gathering of retired senior leaders from her agency. A couple of them are still involved in the agency as part time consultants and they use these breakfasts to bounce ideas off the others and keep them informed of current ongoings. Carey is very people oriented and still feels some responsibility for her old staff many of whom have stayed in contact with her. Anyhow, I imagine we’ll get back to the office cleanup later today. We’ve slightly changed our focus to working on the rooms where windows are being replaced since that project should start here soon.
|
|
|
|