TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
8th Show, May 18

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXIX: 8th Show, May 18 users admin

"I Thought We Were Playing Nice"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 19, 2017Roxip25 05-19-17  6:39 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
For Pete's sake! Why can't we get rid of Brooke?!!
Like many of you, I like all 3 of the other teams, so as long as that awful Brooke loses, I'll be happy w/ any of the other 3 winning.

Goodness, I felt so sorry for poor Floyd last night. He struggled so much with that transport task, and then having to go back so many times... I was suffering for him. He seems like such a genuinely sweet and positive person. I totally enjoyed him. However, personally, I didn't feel the same about his partner.

I don't remember what location they were in last night, but it must be miserably hot there! (It appeared to be even more miserable than our summers here!) I don't think I've ever noticed so many teams so adversely affected by the climate before. Then, to make it worse, last night all the tasks seemed to be particularly physical. They certainly had to work hard to complete that leg.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Uchenna and Joyce Agu...Season 7 where Joyce did 5 roadblocks and Uchenna did 6.
Joyce shaved her head and they ended up winning against Boston Rob and Amber. Who could forget the plane incident.
Sad to say that they (Uchenna and Joyce) are now divorced.
As for 'Flo and Zack'(Season 3) he did 10 roadblocks and Flo performed 1.
This continued on subsequent seasons until Season 6 and the policy changed to each having to split the roadblocks as best they can. Some seasons have one person doing 1 or 2 more than another with no clue as what producers demand except for the fast forward involved...If that makes sense, but it did change on season 6.
Season 5 Chip and Kim won, with Chip doing 10 roadblocks and Kim 1.
I knew something was up with Becca and Floyd when they showed her complaining about Tara and Joey.
Becca never seemed to complain about anyone during the previous episodes...and I went uh-uh.
I wonder what I didn't see that Becca did about them.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i actually find Scott just as annoying as Brooke. so will be happy for both to go...

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey said "If Becca and Floyd don't get to race on an all stars season, there is no justice. So cool that they both live in the same area, too."

I could not agree more. If CBS brought back whatshisname on Survivor this time for heat exhaustion, they certainly should bring back Floyd. I don't remember a more likable, charming TAR contestant. I love Phil, but I didn't enjoy how he implied it was something lacking in Floyd. Jeff on Survivor was much more empathetic, and justifiably so.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, they were in Vietnam. HOT and HUMID!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... the Bowling Moms were in the same season as Chip and Kim and they never had a chance with Chip doing 10 roadblocks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It seems like the rule has changed slightly since several racers commented on the show last night that team members had to be *even* on roadblocks that leg.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
What a sadistic day- biking, rowing with legs & step climbing. What a lower body workout. Why didn't Floyd hear the boxes hit the ground?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Floyd, God bless him doing that 3 times in that heat and STILL taking time to help a fellow racer. Wishing him and Becca blessings and success of many millions!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So sad to see Team Fun Philiminated. They really embody what I think the race is all about. What a great pair. I sure hope they are invited back for an all stars.

It was a very intense day -- I'm surprised more of them didn't get heat exhaustion. All that bike riding and stair climbing in that awful heat.

I'll be okay with any of the final teams winning except Brooke and Scott. Team Parents aren't my favorite but they have run a solid race. Team Lo Lo is just cute. They also embody what the race is about. Always focused but also enjoying. And the boy team I have enjoyed a lot too.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I am so sad to see Team fun leave..... ESPECIALLY before that nasty horrid Brook!! OMG Just kill me now if they are in F3

I hope to god she is embarrassed as heck for her horrific attitude....... please AR gods let her get eliminated next!!!

And when they DO lose next.... she will be blaming her almost as annoying partner for the loss! UGH

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Becca and Floyd made many friends, met each other as great friends, he has now graduated, she continues a job she loves and had completed climbs since the race.

Viet Nam is super humid.

I had many co-workers whose families had escaped and of course here in Orange County CA is a favorite place, partly because our weather is desirable.. Not as humid, but also not too cold.

A guy I worked with would return to visit family and he claimed this was a guaranteed diet plan for him, as he would sweat off the pounds.

A different friend, who was on that famous last flight out of Saigon with her 4 kids an her niece.. After camps, they were sent to Minnesota.. They had never seen snow.. First time it fell, they ran outside, barefoot.

I agree that the set of tasks was perhaps I'll advised considering the heat.

I missed Phil saying anything off..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
In that heat it was irresponsible of TAR to make him go back with it all on the bike, they should have let him leave the load and then go back.

I would love to see them on Survivor!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was not only the heat and humidity but also the elevation.
They did this task once before a little different. I think it ws baskets on a bike and they were pre-loaded.
Floyd ws the youngest racer at 21, he was in a marching band, and I think that was his sport. According to him he was going to do all the tasks that required you to be black and like math Becca noted he was also going to do all the dancing. Becca was the rock climbing instructor and more physically fit.
When she kept saying that she thought she should have done it, I* took it more as a mam hen, she is more athletically inclined and bikes a lot, so she thought she should have done it. The exercise was far easier if you had speed something Floyd did not get, so by going so slow he made it a lot harder on himself. I think when he was trying to help Lolo was when he lost the one shrimp trap. could be wrong, but that is what it looked like, Will go to hear their recap to find out why.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=o17jXyU4I_Y

Not sure if this is their only recap.. But it is about this leg.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually, that was while they were still in Vietnam.. Note Floyd's shirt.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first hour again and Brooke!!! Just unbearable.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Brook is a criminal defense attorney.
She's going to get a lot of heat for her attitude on A.R.
According to CBS Scott said....
What qualities will be hard for you to put up with in a partner?
Scott...My partner can’t get frustrated too quickly. He or she also shouldn’t have the words “I can’t” in his or her vocabulary....lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant imagine anyone wanted to hire her!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
This was the night the fun ended. I'm bummed they got eliminated. I'm with everyone: #anyonebutBrookeandScott

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Brooke is a defense attorney? I feel sorry for any jury that would have to listen to that shrieking harpy voice addressing them. I'd vote her client guilty just to get the trial over with as quick as possible.

Then again, maybe the juries vote not guilty just to shut her up and get out of there ASAP.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes Karuuna, it would appear that they adjusted the rule so they were "even" on RB by a certain leg.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I have to laugh at this...... LOL Brook says she had a sense of humor and is a team player! HA

She is NONE of those

BROOK

Current occupation: Director of Business Development at U.S. Legal Support and Attorney at Camhi & Min.
Teammate: Scott Flanary
Describe what you do: I sell litigation support services to attorney clients and I am a criminal defense attorney at my law firm.

What qualities do you hope your partner has? I hope my partner loves this game as much as I do and wants to win it just as badly. I also hope it's a guy who has brute strength because I have a feeling he's going to have to carry my backpack part of the way. I hope he has a similar sense of humor to me and that we can laugh our way around the world (although there will probably be a fair amount of yelling and crying too).
What qualities will be hard for you to put up with in a partner? I would be crushed to have a partner who isn't willing to work as a team or who isn't supportive when we are struggling. I feel like I can be a great cheerleader when someone is working through a hard task and I hope I get the same from my partner.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/215613/

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Why didn't the medic pour water on Floyd's clothing to help cool him out. He was in bad shape and needed more intense care. I can't forget Caleb almost dying from heat stroke on Survivor. It is nothing to treat casually.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the video. there are nore out there and if you just hold on, it cycles through the rest while you wait.

If it is any comfort, in past years the last few teams to be eliminated were allowed to continue through the tasks of the rest of the race so that people could not know who the final three were. So team fun probably got to continue the travel without having to complete anything.

I jsut keep wondering how logan got involved with that woman who was eliminated so early since he did not spend time in villa sequester.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Why didn't the medic pour water on Floyd's clothing to help cool him out.

What?! There were at least five shots of the medic carefully pouring cold water on Floyd's clothes. I say cold because the bottles appeared to be frosted over, but the frosting over could occur with even cool water, given the heat in Vietnam.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFNFZamYb6w

I just love them!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks, Juju, all I saw was on his head.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Why on earth was Phil standing on the wall as he watched the teams climb the stairs! I was afraid for him!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually cried for Becca and Floyd when they got eliminated. Poor Floyd tried so hard, but the heat and humidity just did him in. Heat exhaustion is no joke and can kill you. I'm surprised they didn't show him throwing up, cause that's usually part of it. I just felt so bad for them both.

Seamonkey, I have to agree with you about the Beekman Boys. I just love them so much! I used to watch their show on Planet Green before they were ever on The Amazing Race. They also did a wedding special (available on Amazon) when they got married. I never expected them to win, but I was so thrilled for them! And they have gone on to build an amazing business and help so many others in the process. Favorite team EVER!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In that video, Floyd and Becca explain that not all was shown. He was actually hallucinating.

He was SURE he saw wind turbines. Becca said she wanted to see them so much but they just were not there.

The absolute final straw was when she asked Floyd what country they were in and he didn't know!

The good news was that they got to fly to the final and really went to all the countries.

She said it was so hot that production kept reminding those waiting, as she was, to hydrate and drink electrolytes and Floyd was just sipping water.

Their camera crew was cheering them on, too.

They said it has been hard all these months to not tell anyone about how it ended and it was hard for each of them to watch it.

Also, earlier, for the ladder task, they had this 30 foot ladder and had to run down a crowded crazy street. The camera crew and the production staff had mopeds to keep up..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: