TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ellisa Slater

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: Cast Bios: Ellisa Slater users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Houseguest Elissa Slater, 27, a Nutritionist from Kannapolis, N.C http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1000477/big-brother-15-cast/39848/

Rachael's sister.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Name: Elissa Slater
Hometown: Concord, N.C.
Living: Kannapolis, N.C.
Marital Status: Married Mom

Three adjectives that describe you: Effervescent, ambitious and intriguing.

Favorite Activities: I love to do Yoga. I practice every day. I also run frequently as well as play tennis. I travel a lot and I love seeing the history of other countries. I like to go to the movies and cook.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the “Big Brother” house? Not talking to my husband or son. It will be difficult because I’m not away from both of them at the same time ever. I’m with either one or the other.

Strategy for winning “Big Brother”: I am going to bring qualities to the table that the house will like and want to keep around. I’m going to try and keep to myself and not let my emotions get the best of me. I’ll be more of a listener so I can feel out what’s going on in the other houseguests' minds.

Which past “Big Brother” cast member did you like most or least? Rachel Reilly rocks!!! I am biased. Rachel is fun, entertaining, plays the game, didn’t lie very often to get ahead and she is so hilarious. Monet was my least favorite because she was so bad at the game.

What are you afraid of? I’m afraid of heights and planes.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: I am most proud of my son. He is so precious and such a beautiful boy and loves the Lord. It makes me feel amazing to know I contributed to his personality.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… Live life to the fullest and have no regrets. Thank God for each good day he gives you and learn from the bad days and try not to repeat what caused them. Make no mistake twice. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

What would you take into the house and why? A bible, yoga mat and spray tan.

What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous: Use it to minister and help others. http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/cast/214680/

Dallasbbfan

07-08-2002

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dallasbbfan a private message Print Post    
I'm afraid that like Allison on All-Stars, she is going to come out of the starting gate two strong on the alliance thing and leaver early.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I would be okay with her leaving early. I hope she doesn't really sound, laugh and interact like her sister.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Elissa talks like Rachel and laughs like Rachel but married richer than Rachel, and wants to form the first all-girl alliance to make it to the end.

http://jundishes.com/2013/06/21/new-faces-of-big-brother/

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
She obviously hasn't watched all the seasons, since an all-girl alliance made it to the end in Season 6 (and a two-girl alliance made it to the end in Season 4).

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Any girl HG who is a fan of the show knows that a female has never won against a male. We supposedly have a lot of 'superfans' so let's see if they learned anything.

If they didn't learn from the past, then they are lying about being superfans.

Veganking

07-24-2009

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
Pictures from her wedding are available on her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/elissa.anne.reilly/about

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4iZBbJq8JI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFPD1NzMLY

Martyc

05-09-2011

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Does she really have a child?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oops, wrong thread.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Does she really have a child?

I don't think she's given birth. She claims to be a mom but I think she's really a stepmom as her husband is in his early to mid40s and had at least three children before he married Elissa. Technically she isn't lying 'cause a stepmom is a mom, but I don't think she has adopted or given birth.

You can see some photos of her husband and his 3 children (who were all in her wedding party) at her wedding website:

http://brentandelissa.ourwedding.com/view/5217536215496868/8729212

Reicam

07-08-2010

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reicam a private message Print Post    
Helen said to another houseguest the other day that Elissa has three step children and one biological child. She has given birth and it looks like he was the ring bearer in the wedding. So you're right, it looks like technically she isn't lying, 'cause she has a son.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
From People Magazine online:

quote:

Slater – who will spend the summer away from her son Riley, 8, as well as her husband Brent and his three children from a previous marriage – will be joined in the '60s-style Big Brother house by fifteen other house guests.

Nana

07-24-2004

Friday, August 30, 2013 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana a private message Print Post    
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QP57Shhe8

Interview with her husband

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Elissa with her sister Rachel on season 2 episode 5 of TLC's "Brides of Beverly Hills":

http://allmyvideos.net/xvzeb2tchldf

(Rachel & Elissa are only in the first 20 minutes of the video)

Simplyde

07-26-2011

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Simplyde a private message Print Post    
Absolutely love love love Elissa! I know you truly wanted to stay but am glad you are on to the Jury house for some well deserved R & R.

Know that you are America's Favorite and in our eyes you absolutely WON!!!!!

You left with such Grace & Class and I know that was hard to do. You have such a happy life and just know that those people will be jealous of you forever. You will see the vile and disgusting things they said about you for HOURS after you were out of that house. (NO it's not part of the game HG)!! That's something that will be there forever and THEY will have to live with!

You are a beautiful person inside and out and I wish you such success with your Wellness Center. Thanks for making this season worth watching. You are gone now and so are 75% or more of America!! See you finale nite!!

Emercat

07-14-2006

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emercat a private message Print Post    
^ Agree with above.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto! :-)

Martyc

05-09-2011

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Goes for me too!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Well said Simply.

Elissa won the hearts of most viewers. She has a great life to get back to while whoever wins the 500K ultimately loses something more valuable than a game....they lose credibility and they will leave with a tarnished reputation....however for Judd to a lesser degree.....he'll just come off as not very good at judging people and that country bumkin meme will follow him for some time.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Elissa, how unfortunate you were chosen to play in THIS Big Brother season full of so many scuzzbuckets. You remained true to your principles and a lesser person (like me) would have lost it. Loved your shining light in that House!

Waiting to give you my vote as America's Favorite Player and seeing you in the finale. Best of luck to you!

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I agree with all of you! I love Elissa. She is class and grace.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Helen said the same thing.. she thinks we never got to see how Elissa would play because it wasn't really allowed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: