TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
BB15 Hamsters - The end of Big Brother?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: BB15 Hamsters - The end of Big Brother? users admin

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Just throwing this out there. Is it possible, if the un-PC talk and general unpleasant behavior of this cast continues, that they will create such a backlash that CBS has no choice but to not bring BB back next summer? I realize that offensive things have been said and done in the past, but this season comes right in the middle of a perfect storm of current events where this behavior really sticks out.

Bowl4sport

07-21-2008

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bowl4sport a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately that for every person who is offended by it, there will be five who want to see/hear it for themselves.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Only if advertisers drop out as a result.

Pattie444

07-03-2005

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pattie444 a private message Print Post    
Julie's hubby is head honcho of CBS. As long as Julie wants to do it, it will be on TV

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
Never because cbs isnt gonna to put their comments on air, thus no reason for advertisers to pull away. Plus we (imo) the internet communtity are such a small percentage of the audience that we overstate out importance to a majority of the audience who only sees a happy edited show that has worked for cbs for 15 seasons. Maybe 80%(???) of the audience will think of aaryn as some cute little blonde girl and will have no idea about the garbage she has spewed.

In fact in regards to aaryn, u will never see her comments make air but i bet the make fun of her over possesive ways toward david, easier and less backlash to show her as crazy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This comes up every year and every year it is back and we're watching.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Big Brother already a cesspool of racist, homophobic, and misogynistic comments

In perhaps record time, Big Brother 15’s houseguests have unleashed a torrent of racist, sexist, and homophobic comments, mostly directed toward other people in the house, and most of which go unchallenged by others. This year, it isn’t limited to just one or two people; as

Hamsterwatch reports, “the roll call for racist/homophobic/misogynist remarks now includes Aaryn, Kaitlin, GinaMarie, David, Jeremy, Spencer, and Amanda, in varying degrees.” That’s almost half the cast.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/
big_brother_15/2013_Jul_01_bb15-racism-homophobia-misogyny

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
'Big Brother' Racist And Homophobic Comments Captured On Live Feeds (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/big-brother-racist_n_3529903.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl13%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D338721

Imwatching

08-03-2005

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Imwatching a private message Print Post    
I posted the fact that the racial slurs were a headline on AOL...all anyone is interested in is the fact that their feeds are acting up....does this tell you all anything? This is sad, and I'm SO done with BB. Buy bye BB....was nice while it was a social game.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The live feeds are supposed to be live and uncensored (despite the amount of fish) and people who choose to expose themselves to this have to accept that reality. I feel that racial slurs are the responsibility of the person who is doing the talking and that person should personally face the resulting repercussions. The fact that the feeds are uncensored in this manner and show these people for who they are isn't going to stop me from watching them.

Wavewatcher

09-09-2006

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wavewatcher a private message Print Post    
We seriously need a thread titled The Truth about Big Brother contestants. After reading Huff post article about 7-8 hgs racial slurs and the list on Hamsterwatch...<99> Viewers obviously are not aware of the ugly comments made by some of their "favorites". Can't wait for Matt Lauder to interview Aaryn, Spencer, Jeremy, Ginamarie,
David, Kaitlin,Amanda...they all beat Paula Deen.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, how many ways can it be said...can't come up with anything new. you are truly the best. :>)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I would think that Julie Chen would not take too kindly to that "make some #*%^ing rice" comment.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
I'm also done with this show. I watched since the very beginning, but these casts have been getting worse and worse each year.This bunch is cleaning the bottom of the barrel. They are immature, spoiled egotistical brats. This is not entertainment. I can't watch it anymore. It has become trash! Sorry, Moderators, I know I'm not suppose to call then any names, but they brought this on themselves and they don't care what anyone thinks. If you have to red dot me, I'll understand. I love this site.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The show definitely has its ups and downs. We're only a few days in but I agree that this is probably the worst cast in years at this point in the season.

Kind of makes us long for Danielle and Shane eh?

06-29-2002

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Some posts have been removed. Please keep the discussion about the houseguests and not about other TVCH Members. Thank you.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I don't know how much Julie Chen would be offended, she recently did a very descriptive Asian impression that many would consider to be racist. I know it's supposed to be okay for someone of a race to make fun of their own race but I think that if it's wrong for anyone to poke fun at a race then it's wrong for everyone.

When you meet my children, you'd have no idea at all that they are part Asian. If you met me, you would not know that I'm part black. I'm not allowed to make jokes about black people because I'm not black enough, even though some of the funny characteristics of being black are evident.

My kids are uber smart and they joke about being Asian (because they are). I don't find any of this offensive. I also don't find someone making a joke about blacks offensive either, even though it's about my family.

I'm not making excuses for them, but they are a cross section of America. Wouldn't you rather know what happens in America than sweep it under the rug? I don't feel like I can judge them because I don't know them just like they don't know me. We don't know other people, what makes them tick or where they come from or what percentage of another race they are or what their black or Asian friends have told them is okay to say.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: