TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4th Episode - March 30th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2015: 4th Episode - March 30th users admin

Big Brother Canada
Big Brother Canada (on Global)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure if it's worth having separate threads. Maybe we should have one show thread?

Anyway that veto competition looks awfully funny. Love the Canadian beavers.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Now I understand the talk about how cold it was.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
These competitions are fantastic. Really funny and really tough.

I like the pool party one as well. Very clever and it made the houseguests think about strengths and weaknesses and their position in the house.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
What was the pool party comp?

I hate how cocky these guys are. The girls were finally on the right track. Terrible mistake to talk so openly.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The pool party comp was another one taken from Big Brother Australia. I'm so glad to see that Canada is using some of the good ideas from around the world.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I just saw the comp. that was quite revealing. Interesting to se who was bossy and who was passive.

If Jordan doesn't want to be known as a super fan, he needs to stop talking so much about the game!

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
The DRs are terrible! Scripted and predictable.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Overall though it was a great episode.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The DRs feel identical to BBUS DRs.

Thats what you get when you don't have a BB voice, scripted DRs because the HGs have to explain everything.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Loved that bottle spinning thing and how at ease the straight men were about kissing Johnny - that was a very pleasant surprise.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Its getting a bit annoying how much of what they do is just blatantly copied from previous houseguests and seasons.

Jordan and Zach with their stupid little alliance sign ripped straight from "the shield" (I refuse to use their asinine mispelling).

Bobby using the first 2 out in the HoH comp as his excuse for nominating them in a cowardly attempt to avoid taking any responsibility for his nominations...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
How many times do we have to hear Bobby say "no blood on my hands". Every time he speaks we hear that phrase at least once.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Well if Brittnee, Kevin or Sindy win HOH next they should just nominate Bobby. They can tell him he put them up. They have to nominate him because then they get no blood on their hands since he already nommed them.

Sueby

11-18-2004

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
I thought it was hilarious when the girls were talking and Kevin walked out from behind the corner. I am really enjoying this year so far. I am a little confused about who is actually loyal to who with all these alliances. I won't mind seeing Cindy with an "S" leaving.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The whole show was funny. I loved the dam competition with all the dam references.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I find the show very innovative and that makes me proud as a Canadian. They aren't entirely tethered to the American show. I like that they seem to come up with original ideas as well as culling the best of the international franchise.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I like it better than the US version, but I can't in all honesty consider it to be innovative when everything thats different from BBUS is copied directly from BBUK.

Its good though that they are borrowing more from other versions of Big Brother and not sticking entirely to the BBUS formula like US has done for like 14 years now.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Although I groaned when I saw how BBCa has scripted DR sessions similar to BBUS as well as the nauseating "Who wants to see my HOH room?" ritual, I was immensely relieved to see the HOH nomination ceremony gets down to business immediately when revealing the nominations. None of that spinning-of-the-key-box contraption / key-pulling / "you are safe" / putting-the-key-around-the-neck silliness!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Some of the old BBUS formula has changed but not enough of it in my opinion. They should change all of it.

They still do the "one of my duties as Head of Household is to nominate..." spiel, the veto competitor random draw speech, and countless others.

But yea, the absolute worst part is the DR sessions where they have the housemates explain everything instead of just using a narrator or BB voice. As a result we never see any honesty in the DR room, just exposition and boring houseguests either incessantly using or trying to start catch-phrases.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
And there are things that don't need explaining! I'd rather listen to what HGs are saying during the comp.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Funny ep and good comps. I hope they continue to really make them work for everything.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I agree with everyone :-) just got caught up on all the episodes. I'm LOVING all the twists and stuff, they're keeping it really fun. But I'm not really surprised by that because BBCA has always been more interesting and fun. (The jon/aly DR drinking "mission" from last season is still my all-time favorite)

The alliances are so funny. So there's

The chop shop- Zach, Ashleigh, Willow, Graig and Bruno (are there more?)
Newport- Zach and Jordan
Fortress- Jordan and Kevin
And did I see something in the LF thread about Bromuda? Jordan Zach and Kevin?
Graig and Bruno are in an alliance, not named that I know of
Brittnee, Sarah and Naeha are in an alliance, not named that I know of

And what seems like so many more. They are fun to watch though. I was wondering during the vote, when they say and/or make their alliance sign, where did that originate from? Like how long ago, who was the first? Wasn't it a BBUS season?

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I think it started with Chilltown in BBUS 2' but I could be wrong. Whoever started it, it's incredibly annoying.

I do think the Canadian version is less predictable and just has a "lighter" feel to it. The tasks are usually goofy, not kind of mean the way some in the US version are.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think most of the alliance naming and sign BS can be blamed on "Chilltown". The naming at least, I don't remember chilltown having a silly sign.

Survivor was before (and largely copied by) Big Brother US and for the most part Survivor players don't feel the need to name their alliances and certainly don't bother with silly childish signs.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that the producers encourage alliance names. Otherwise when we talk about them we'd have to constantly ring off all the names. With respect to the signs, I think that Big Brother contestants are bored and want to be memorable. The live voting is boring when it's one-sided but it keeps up the suspense when it is close.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: