TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Nick: Archive through February 16, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This was not a Reality Steve type spoiler.. it was not know until yesterday, in real time.. and I agree that once they decided on this bachelorette, it probably was prudent to have it out there to get men applying for her, specifically.

But it certainly does spoil those who were unspoiled. That is unfortunate.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Dog doc, I try to avoid the spoilers also. This spoiler was impossible to avoid. Sigh.

Thanks, everyone for letting me know it's real. I was hoping it was a hoax type thing so I wouldn't have been spoiled.

This is the worst season ever. Nick is a horrible Bachelor and I keep yelling at the TV for the girls to run.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It would have been difficult to avoid.. it came up on browsers, on the news, promos on tv, etc.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Has this show jumped the shark?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think so, Auntiemike. Certainly not in their choice of Rachel.
They ran a risk with continually going back to the well with Nick, I have always been a Nick fan, but it does show how favorable editing (like on BIP) can change people's minds.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think it has jumped. Rachel is a good choice.

What has jumped is even minimal effort on their part to avoid spoilers. But I guess they figure spoilers are inevitable and people can avoid them for the most part if they wish.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I keep falling asleep 30 min's into this show so I always miss a lot, but I do really Like Rachel and look forward to her being on next.

My Daughter was in San Diego last weekend for a very special occasion, Her boyfriend of 4 yrs proposed. Anyway, while there' they were walking around on the beach and they saw Nick, with a bunch of his buddies, Haha, My Daughter said that he is SOOOOOO Skinny and such a nerd....Her words.. Just thought I would share.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Chew pit, congrats for your daughter!!!

Did she eavesdrop at all on their conversation? Was he trying to pick up any women? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

P.S. you really aren't missing a lot when you fall asleep. Nick takes a girl on a date. She says she's falling for him. He fakes cry and then sends her home. The girls are all miserable.

There is no joy in Bachelor Nation.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To me, the show has not jumped a shark... maybe jumped a trout, but not a shark... yet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just had to come in here and say hubby is a huge sports fanatic, and even the guys on SportsCenter (ESPN) were discussing the Bachelor this morning. They were arguing about their top 4 and who's getting the hometown dates.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not happy about the spoiler either as I avoid them like the plague too. But I'm happy that Rachel will be the next Bachette. She is smart and nice and charming. I hope they find some good guys for her!

But goodness, who does that leave for Nick to pick? I don't see this one ending well. Nick is doomed to remain a playboy bachelor.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Babyjax...who was their picks

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thanks Grooch.. First thing I asked her was if he was with a girl? She said no' just a bunch of guys and they were adolescent..ha ha. Really dorky. ha ha.
I remember at least 18 yrs ago I was at a book store and they were doing some thing with the cast of Bold and Beautiful..(I watch that show, so I was intrigued) The actor that play's Brad was there and I remember thinking 'wow'..He looked like a bean stick. He was really tall and so skinny I had to look twice. I guess its true that the camera adds lbs.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
To each his own, the spoilers are the only thing that make this show watchable. It is really eye-opening when what goes on behind the scenes and production is exposed for manipulating everything on the show. You realize how everything on this show is nothing but bullshit - but that's my opinion.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lexi, didn't the spoilers say that Jojo and Jordan were never really together?

Aren't they getting married soon.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
As far as I know they are still together. If I recall correctly, he moved to Dallas. I don't think people (production) thought they would stay together because he had been busted with cheating on his girlfriend (who he left for the show) and sleeping with 2-3 other girls. He also had to fly out of state during football season. I think he took a job somewhere on the East Coast as a broadcaster or analyst for college football.

I have heard nothing about them getting married but that doesn't mean that they aren't. To be really honest, I only watched the first episode of Jojo's season. I found her so incredibly boring (but I don't think the other girl that could have been cast would have been any better). They had zero to work with that season.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Lexie.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoy knowing who he picks but not how it happens. Hopefully that makes sense to someone else as well.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you make sense to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do too.. I may read more details of the spoilers but most of them fly out of my head.. as the season goes on then I do like knowing the final five just to watch them more.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I feel better.

It's fun to see how the storylines are developed and if you can see signs of where it's headed. Pretty funny. I watched Sean and Catherine's season with my wife and DD's and I was the only one who knew he picked Catherine. Episode after episode went by where he appeared to show relatively minimal interest in her. I was totally perplexed. But he never let her go.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I avoid spoilers and even managed to avoid this one about Rachel until I got here! I will live though. I do quite like her she seems very grounded, so it will be enjoyable to see her season. But I just prefer not to hear about production, manipulation, who goes when etc and stick my head in the sand and go with it. I'm hoping the next season of 🇨🇦s Bachelor is as enjoyable as Bachelorette was.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I'm surprised you've been able to avoid spoilers about Rachel. I totally avoid spoilers, but it's been everywhere! Mainstream media has been talking about it, it's all over Facebook and even hubby's sports shows are talking about it! It's unavoidable.

I don't even watch previews for the next week of any of my shows, cause I don't want to be spoiled. I don't even like reading show synopses because they often give too much away!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol, don't tell anyone but I took a me day and haven't turned on my computer yet nor perused anything online. One job I work from home the other I wasn't scheduled to work today so I'm living in a bubble. 🙂

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
A bubble can be a nice place to be. For me it was spoiled on CNN's home page!

I avoid the "next on the bachelor" stuff too because I don't want to be misled or spoiled. Same with the synopsis. I'm very much like Babyjxmom -- trying to hard to remain spoiler free for movies and TV.