TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top 24/16 in Detroit; Viewer Voting

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: Top 24/16 in Detroit; Viewer Voting users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 27, 2015Heckagirl63125 02-27-15  8:22 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't remember who it was, but I also liked the next-to-the last girl. Was that the girl who had tried out 4 times? Liked her whether it was her or not...LOL!

Shi can go anytime as far as I am concerned.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that would be Jax

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh that's right. I really didn't care for her much during Hollywood week but she really sang the heck out of that song (I watched it earlier today). The only thing about her is that I find that tattoo on the side of her eye so distracting. It reminds me of those gang tattoos with tears back in my younger days (do gangs still get those tattoos?).

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I wish that if Joey wants to use her accordion she would at least play it - a jazzy little riff during the song. Otherwise it is just a very oversized necklace.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I thought that Tyanna sang the heck out of the Meghan Trainor song. She is one of my favorites this year. I think I like everyone this year. I'd like to see more of all of them. Love the way the camera always goes to Kieth Urban with his dreamy eyes when he listens to a singer...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I don't think that X on the side of Jax's face is actually a tattoo. I think it's makeup or a marker or something (at least I hope so). I was also disturbed by what I thought was a facial tattoo, but I think there have been times when she's been shown on camera without it, so I don't think it's permanent. She's one of my favorites.

I think most of the girls blew it on this past show. I actually liked Shi thru all the other shows, but she picked a terrible song this week. I kept telling DH I was very underwhelmed by almost all the girls. The last 3 or 4 did well, but the first several were totally forgettable. I hope they enjoyed their one time on national TV.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The judges were awfully kind to the kid. He was pretty bad,but he's so darn cute.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The 15 year old, I can never remember his name was the worst of the night. Only 2 guys going next week. At least it is not dragged out, I used to like the results show, one group song, one commercial, a good bye tribute and last sing by the person going, But at least Ryan has no time to torture, so that is good.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, these aren't live shows yet. Once we get back to LA and the live shows, they may revert to that format.

I still love the little guy. Thought everybody was pretty good tonight. We'll see how the girls do tomorrow. I think the boys are much better this year.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am so not into the youngest guy. He has not impressed me throughout the whole process. I think he gets through because he is "cute". Hope he goes next week. His performance tonight was awful; clearly the worst of all the guys.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Forgot to add, I'm also not a fan of the bigger guy with the big hair. I think he screeches a bit too much and I don't care for his style.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't super impressed with the first 4 or 5 guys at least.. Something was off with the sound IMO..

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Well I guess I don't know talent. My 4 favorites did not make it through, LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We had a terrible echo for the first few songs and judges comments. Also at the end someone (obviously a tech person) came on and announced some technical stuff about how the show was running over. Which is weird because I thought it was taped.

I know some people love it but I'm not a fan of Motown week. At this point the songs have been done over and over again. Then again, I'm not a fan of most of the theme nights. I'd rather see them perform the style of music they want to perform.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I love the theme nights and was disappointed there has been a scaling back of it. I'm old, I get tired of hearing all the current music that they all seem to want to sing. Maybe this years group will choose to sing some old songs. Not sure if it was last year or the year before, I rarely knew any of the songs they were singing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was really surprised that neither Trevor nor Riley went through. They were two of my favorites.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn the description said this was a live show,Yep just looked - zaptoit said it was a live show, so that is where I got it from.
I thought it would be taped so they could edit it down before I looked it up.

and the NYT tv listing says Live
American Idol : Top 8 Girls Perform
LIVE
S14, E18 (First Aired: March 5, 2015)
The top eight girls perform.
Cast:Ryan Seacrest,Jennifer Lopez,Keith Urban,Harry Connick Jr.,Shannon Berthiaume,Joey Cook,Sarina-Joi Crowe,Adanna Duru,Alexis Gomez,Lovey James,Jax,Tyanna Jones,Loren Lott,Shi Scott,Maddie Walker,Katherine Winston
TV-14 (D, L)

According to Americanidol.net this show is live at top 8 performances. Isn't that an official site?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Motown and if they were going to sing Motown anyplace it would be right there in Detroit, but some of the choices seemed odd.. perhaps trying to be different within the confines of what they could sing?

Ah, there was some echo, yes. I missed the announcement at the end or maybe they had edited it out by the time it aired for west coast time zone.

I wonder if I was ever in that theatre? It is quite possible since we lived in Detroit for 9 years and saw a a few premier movies downtown.. but all the theatres looked ornate then, so I really don't know.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not a good sign when one of the judges tells you that you were out of tune the whole song.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Lol, I thought the same thing! Is the dress blue and black or gold and white? lol. It was blue and black, of course!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Who was that? I'm watching recording but only three girls into it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Something that bothered me about the girls' performances was how so many of them did the same hand motions, putting their hands around their face and grabbing their hair,and kind of twirling their fingers. It was not so much the motions themselves, it was the fact that so many of them did the same thing. Sort of took away the naturalness.

On the whole, I thought all the girls did a great job. I did not agree with some of the criticisms by the judges. I admit though that my technical expertise leaves a lot to be desired. I just know what I like.

I also thought the girls all looked amazing. I think this week is a good week for the singers to make a good showing because of the sheer volume of great songs for them to choose from in the Motown theme.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, my choice got left behind last night. I really liked Katherine and wanted her to stay.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was really surprised Shi didn't make it. She was one of my favorites.

There was nothing on my TV that said Live, so I thought it was recorded. We never get anything Live here (West Coast) anyway.

None of the girls really wowed me. I think the boys are just so much better this year. Except for Adam. The crazy hair, the goofy faces and the screeching just don't do it for me. Can't believe he made it through.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, the top 8 girls performance show was definitely taped.

Next week the live shows begin, but the Wednesday show -- which is only an hour -- will be devoted to revealing who made it into the top 12, i.e. no performances.

On Thursday's show -- which is two hours -- all of the top 12 will perform and they need the extra hour to fit all 12 in because it's live, whereas last week they fit 12 into one hour thanks to the taped format. So expect more yadda-yadda-yadda from the judges. And Babyjax is right, West Coast viewers in the Pacific and Mountain time zones won't get any of the live shows live, only the Eastern and Central time zones get them truly live.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that is so funny, in my tv listings, it says next weeks show is taped. Guess they are all confused.
I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying where I got the info from.

I do see a p[roblem with announcing it last minute who made it in and then having them sing right away - nerves - it is not good for them mentally - I wish they would say who is in, and then start the singing after that is done with.

And everyone seems to think there are 2 only being dropped, but I read where it is 3 each being dropped and Wednesday's show is a wild card show for those dropped already, ugh. it is nuts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: