TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Auditions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 8: Auditions users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the reminder that the new season starts tonight, Jag!

The auditions are one of my favorite parts of this show.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I am so watching! so far:
Adam can't get a break
Blake has 2
Christina has 1
Pherel(?) has 1
and 1 got no chair turns

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't get to watch, but it is recorded!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did watch last night's show and am watching tonight.. anyone else?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I watched on and off, bu there is too much judges for me, I would prefer more singing and less sob stories.

The singers are good, hehe, I think My TV sound should be better, I may bring out the old audio I had for TV 20 years ago and run up wires to my speakers. I think my sound could be better. Sadly when you do that you have to get up to turn up and down sound. it is still a dial, heh.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first show. Ironically, for a show called The Voice there isn't a lot of voice.

Far too much backstory, far too much judges and then once they get further along, far too much production. A two hour show with maybe 20 minutes of singing. Not enough voice!

On top of that I didn't think the contestants were as good as past years.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I love the judges bantering

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't mind the bantering. It's fun. It just seems hypocritical to include so much backstory on a show that is supposed to be about the voice.

Plus the only real successes from the show are the judges.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like the bantering. It makes the judges more human to me. This year, I think that Pharrell has really come out of his shell. And, I could watch Adam read the phone book to himself and be happy. (TMI?) A few good singers have come through the auditions. I like the girl who came back after no chair turns last year. I was very surprised that she picked Adam.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
to me it is like when you have a bunch of 10 year olds and bring out the camera - all the kidding around is for the camera. It is sort of how Christina has to get obnoxious to get our attention because it is the boys club and girls are icky. I guess I can't explain it, but it makes me feel left out. They are all over there having a good time and I am home watching it alone. Must be related to something that happened to me when I was a kid that I can't remember, it just annoys me. Or maybe it reminds me when I was at a party and everyone was drunk and thought they were hilarious and I was sober (I never drank when I take medication, for some reason)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. Adam is by far the least enjoyable for me, but then so is his singing the least enjoyable for me..

I actually enjoy some of the banter (they could cut back on it for sure) and then seeing the judging panel change over time.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
i do so like this show but am also getting a bit annoyed with the back stories. imo too many of them involve religion and i feel that the very fundamentalist mark burnett is inserting his beliefs in what should be a purely entertainment format.
having said that: still a blake and adam fan but miss both shakira and gwen.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I will admit that I like Shakira and Gwen better than Christina on the show. Christina's okay, but a little too much for me sometimes. The girl can sing though, I'll give her that!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Christina so I'm okay but hope Gwen gets to return. Shakira not so much. Not missing Usher and super happy Cee Lo is out..

But no matter the composition of the mentors on this show, I always enjoy it when they perform together.. they seem to have so much fun doing it and I think their teams must get to see their love of what they do. Well.. not sure about Cee Lo.. he was all for show seemed like. Don't miss the cat or the bird either.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I luv luv this show. The contestants are really great this year. I think they get better every season. I enjoy the banter between the coaches especially Adam's and Blake's. I think Pharrell adds a lot to the show but I liked Usher also. I wasn't watching the show when CeeLo was on.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's show, a lot. For some reason, I enjoy the auditions for "The Voice", much more than, the actual show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
me too

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Another great show tonight. All the judges have great teams. Tomorrow night they are showing "The Best of the Blinds Auditions"!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So far, I think Blake has the best team. Singers are picking him because they know he's won so many times before. Plus, all the country singers want him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree the singers are picking Blake for the same reasons that Kookliebird mentioned. However, last season - Adam had 3 folks to Blake's 1 in the final 4 & Blake had even let this guy go & he was saved by Gwen & then Gwen let him go & Blake used his final save to get him back. I still think that it's anyone's game....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But they still know that Blake won.

I kind of hate when some of them (Adam is the worst but Blake does it too) will promise person after person that they will be with them to the end, implying they are the best on the team.

Adam is also annoying when he lies about what is said when they are turned around. Several times in the last show (I didn't see tonight because it was against Survivor and American Idol and then other things I watched) he completely misquoted what someone had said (another judge). He just comes off to me as whiney/slimey at times.

I liked Blake's comeback when Adam taunted that the Swon brothers didn't win.. yes, said Blake, he was thirds and Miranda, Carrie Underwood and I made sure they got a contract.

Adam needs to come up with some examples of who he has helped. He may well have done so..

I do think there are some interesting singers but now we have the dreaded battle rounds soon.. as our tv columnist in our paper says the shouting matches..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Wow, nobody is commenting! Last night's show was great. All 4 coached filled their teams in the 1st hr & then they started the knock out rounds. It will be on again tonight for 2 hrs.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Nathan Hermida the 17 year old on Team Adam is from my parish. He sang in our church's children's choir and now attends Boston Latin School. He is a very nice young man if I remember correctly. I don't usually watch much of The Voice but I must remember to watch when he's on. Our local station usually profiles local talent, but I don't recall if they profiled Nathan yet.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup, it was really good. All strong contestants. I'll be watching and listening tonight.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw the last two rounds and all four of the singers were absolutely amazing. I can't believe that they had to get rid of them! But that bald woman...(sorry, don't know names)...she was simply amazing!

I liked the last two also and felt that Blake picked the wrong guy. I think he knew the other guy would be picked up easily but personally I found the guy he didn't choose the better of the two. Maybe it was that brown leather jacket that I didn't like.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
doesn't the second half of the show belong under a different category, it was only half edition and half battle round.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Rox- I agree. I thought the guy Blake let go the better of the 2 singers. I also thought that he would fit better with Adam's coaching than Blake's.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I started a new thread for the Battle Rounds.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pjlover.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: