TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2015 top 12 to the end

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: 2015 top 12 to the end users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 13, 2015Kookliebird25 03-13-15  12:43 pm
Archive through March 19, 2015Auntiemike25 03-19-15  10:06 pm
Archive through March 25, 2015Texasdeb25 03-25-15  5:18 pm
Archive through April 01, 2015Lakecat25 04-01-15  6:00 pm
Archive through April 08, 2015Naja25 04-08-15  7:35 pm
Archive through April 16, 2015Jimmer25 04-16-15  9:39 am
Archive through April 17, 2015Kitt25 04-17-15  4:21 pm
Archive through April 23, 2015Kitt25 04-23-15  10:15 am
Archive through May 06, 2015Sadiesmom25 05-06-15  7:47 pm
Archive through May 13, 2015Kookliebird25 05-13-15  8:14 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Dave Cook still does college tours and makes his money touring - doesn't sell. the music business is pretty corrupt and run more by promotion than talent today, <--- just an opinion. Autotune is king and albums don't sell much, singles sell if they get played on the radio. And radio has a few large companies, rarely local anymore, and these companies feel they have demands as well. Payola has become legalized through third party companies.

I think Cook is doing the best he can. Phil Phillips is doing ok and touring now as well.
there are very few superstars, most people work at touring. The other day I was reading an article of how Taylor Hicks was the biggest failure as an Idol Winner, and this is a man who has had a several year contract in Las Vegas making some nice cash. He is not complaining. The latest winner (Caleb) had a tour of Pizza restaurants, and reportedly (Rodney Ho) could not sell 50 tickets to a concert.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That whole manufactured drama of revealing Jax's 3rd place finish was so awkward. It was actually painful to watch, especially when they shooed her off to the side of the stage AND THEN lifted the big curtain to let the live audience see it was Nick and Clark who were the final two.

That was mean of AI to treat Jax like the black sheep of the family (and not let her fans cheer for her before she left the stage).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kris Allen does some Christian music although I don't keep up with him. Danny Gokey (who wasn't a winner) is actually very successful in Christian music, as is Colton Dixon (can't remember which seasons they were on).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure but the name of the show isn't "Does Okay Touring Around to Small Clubs, Shopping Centers and Pizza Joints".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the show yet but based on everyone's descriptions I'm not looking forward to seeing how they treated Jax. One thing I don't like about AI is that it has a real mean streak in the way they announce eliminations.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Go Jax :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, JAX went and now they cancelled the JAX TV watch, so I won't be going to that. The one time they prepare to have one near me, sigh.

how many super stars are there? seriously. right now, Lady Gaga does not have a good selling album. last year she was every where. Britney Spears has a show in Vegas, Just like Taylor Hicks - so what does that mean.

The Pizza parlor thing is sad, there was no support for the winners the last few years, Sony never promoted them like RCA did and interscope did nothing. It will be interesting to see what happens this year with a country label, with the winner have to do country?
People wanted to buy Candice's album but it was delayed until February and then the presales were sent out with no music in them and people had to apply to get their money back, Ugh. and people lost interest, with Caleb it was rushed out, written, recorded and produced in under a month and no one cared anymore.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Mandisa was also on AI and eliminated early. I don't think Simon liked her large size, thinking this would get in the way. Well, she has made a great name for herself and has a good career with the Christian music and believers who support her talent. She is very good and all her work is very heartfelt.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Taylor Swift was thanking her fans for buying ALBUMS! So I guess there is a lack of that. I mostly do buy whole albums and still buy CDs though I like it when They have autorip with Amazon so I can get the MP3 versions at the same time.

And what Jimmer said.. it was American Idol, thought to be a big deal and now not such a big deal.

I hate that they treated Jax the way they did. I watched that part today and just deleted the recording. I didn't even record The Voice last night, and probably won't watch my DWTS recording from last night. At least I'm still interested in Amazing Race and hanging in there with Survivor.

I haven't bought an idol album in a long time/ From X Factor did buy Alex and Sierra's and it is pleasant and in rotation in my car now and then. But I guess my taste isn't typical. Today I was playing Linda Ronstadt's Lullaby album and found myself and my Chinese patient in his 80s and I singing along to Linda singing "Devoted to You". Not exactly top of iTunes!! But we enjoyed it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Taylor also took a stand and withdrew her music from some new music platform like pandora because the artists get very little money from this service and it makes buying music unnecessary.

The whole business is in turmoil.
Taylor treats her fans very very well. And they are loyal back to her, but she really can't sing without auto tune. IN England the x factor, the old idol and Britain's got talent used auto tune on their acts. X factor used it in the US for a few shows before they got found out and it ended, ditto the first few shows of the voice, I think i remember - maybe it was Britain. X factor made the good singers sound better and the ones they didn't like sound worse.

FWIW - Kelly Clarkson's career took a downb turn when her agent booked a tour and didn't use Clear channel - yes the same company as owned half the radio stations in the US, they just refused to play her and her song climbing the charts dropped like a stone, then Disney gave her breakaway and put their organization behind her payola and she came roaring back. Before that the RCA payola was wasted because of the tour, the stations took the money and burned off the spins in the early ams 3 or 4

If not for Disney and breakaway, she would be dust today.

Simon did not like Mandisa because of her weight but she got voted off after an extreme homophobic and stupidly insulting remark - she is very religious and you know how that can be.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know about the auto-tune thing (is that actually a fact or supposition) but Taylor Swift is a brilliant artist and composer. The best by far to come along in years.

I agree that the music business is hurting because it's much easier for people to steal stuff now but there are still are lots of successful acts out there. However, because it's so easy to steal music, the money is in touring.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I was cheering when Jax left...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Tyanna was cute doing all those Jackson 5 moves during her song.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am watching about 30 minutes behind and I thought the girls' medley with Chic was great!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
....Joey's chicken feather dress is really weird.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Daniel singing and dancing with New Kids on the Block may be the cutest thing I have ever seen....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And the winner is....

lalalalala

Nick! YAY!

OMG that was a fun finale!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Poor Nick....His first single they forced on him is pretty sucky.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer,
everyone uses auto tune because every note published has to be perfect now. But some need it less than others , like Ke$$ha would not exist without auto tune. Most, and I believe Taylor uses it to give punch to the voice sometimes
and article on auto tune
Seduced by ‘perfect’ pitch: how Auto-Tune conquered pop music

There is much speculation online about who does — or doesn’t — use Auto-Tune. Taylor Swift is a key target, as her terribly off-key duet with Stevie Nicks at the 2010 Grammys suggests she’s tone deaf. (Label reps said at the time something was wrong with her earpiece.) But such speculation is naïve, say the producers I talked to. “Everybody uses it,” says Filip Nikolic, singer in the LA-based band, Poolside, and a freelance music producer and studio engineer. “It saves a ton of time.”

who uses it when they perform in concert is another thing. I don't want to see/hear lip synching. I take the off key notes in stride as long as they are rare.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I watched the 2nd hr of the finale. I liked what I saw as far as production. Not surprised that Nick won. Clark just didn't have much personality even though he was probably the most talented that this season had.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think that there have been way suckier confetti songs. At least it is in his wheel house and there are no unicorns and rainbows.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That really is an awful song and not suited to him at all. Hopefully his album will have some better stuff.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I m pretty sure his album will be country-ish if not completely country.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nick's style is definitely rock. That's what he's mostly done all season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, last thing for the night - Nick's official coronation song video
Nick Fradiani Wins American Idol – and Releases His First Music Video!

no kidding it is official, also probably the opening scenes for woman's soccer.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have to say that I picked Nick after hearing him sing 1 song at about the Top 12. He just had that AI feel to him. Plus, he was fairly consistent.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I deleted the final. I just didn't care. I do wish them all well.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a positive review of the Idol live minitour this year
Review: American Idol Live! strips down, lets singers shine at Clearwater's Ruth Eckerd Hall

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: