TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
America votes.....

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 8: America votes..... users admin

The Voice
The Voice (on NBC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 13, 2015Texasdeb25 04-13-15  6:36 pm
Archive through April 20, 2015Naja25 04-20-15  6:34 pm
Archive through April 28, 2015Kookliebird25 04-28-15  10:35 am
Archive through May 05, 2015Kookliebird25 05-05-15  11:44 am
Archive through May 13, 2015Kookliebird25 05-13-15  10:56 am
Archive through May 20, 2015Trini25 05-20-15  1:55 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If this is true it only shows how ridiculous this show is. They haven't had a single successful winner and it's not going to happen if they promote people who aren't even interested in a singing career.

It must be extremely disheartening to people who have busting themselves trying to make it for years and not getting any recognition.

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
So true Jimmer. It is sad used to buy the show's songs on iTunes, not any more whose bank account am I fattening? Fans vote but they don't really care about the artists' talent or purpose for wanting to be an artist.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe they will have another successful non winner in Meghan.. I'm thinking Blake will help her to capitalize on this show.

Maybe that smile all season on Sawyer was smiling at the joke being on everyone else?

Or, maybe he really isn't going back to the farm. He is awfully young and I guess it is a good thing that he doesn't have parents pushing to cash in on him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Maybe, he just needs a little break! He's just a kid. He was 15 when he started this Voice journey & is barely 16 now. I would sure like to see him pursue this "fame" that he's won because I think he could be the biggest star to come out of this show in all the seasons. He won my heart & I hope that whatever path he chooses, he remains as happy & content as he has seemed to be throughout this whole journey.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
From the articles I read seems Pharrell suggested Sawyer take a break and go back to the farm to recharge and not lose himself. He is only 16, a minor and I see no harm in him spending some time with his family, and he can still have a successful career without permanently relocating to LA. Time will tell whether he builds a career out of this. I certainly hope he does.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just seems like if he wasn't ready, maybe he was too young.

BUT I do think this is better than having him be rushed around to "produce" and they have all been on a tough schedule, until now.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Sawyer said that he wants to go home-he loves farm life. But-he IS going to put out an album, and do some interviews. He is just going home for a break. (said it himself)

I live in Connecticut and his Grandparents have been on the local news quite a bit. Sawyer's grandfather said that Sawyer's mom put his videos om Youtube and the Voice contacted him because they saw his videos. I don't blame him for wanting a break. He was on a show where you had to memorize several songs a week, record two of them, plus sing one with your mentor, and one with the other contestants. That's a lot of work!

He has written over 30 songs by age 14, and released his first full length album on June 4th, 2013. :-)

I think Sawyer fans will like this article- it's an easy read and it was before The Voice. So glad he won. He really derserved it! Read the article-he is an amazing young man! There are a bunch of videos, too, if you scroll down, done before the voice.

http://www.inthedawgpound.com/sawyer-fredericks.html

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem is in that business you have to go after it when you get the chance. If you disappear for a while it doesn't take long for people to lose interest and forget about you.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
The kid has been doing this for years-he won't be going anywhere. It takes a while to create an album. He'll be fine. He said on the Today show that he is doing an album.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you for that link, Ruby. I listened to some of Sawyer's original songs and they are beautiful. I had wondered if he was also a songwriter because from the first time I heard him he reminded me of the great singer/songwriters of the 70's. He reminds me very much of my lifelong favorite, Jackson Browne, who is a poet with his ability to write lyrics that move the heart and soul. He also started writing in his teens.
I think it's exciting to see a young artist that may just have the born talent to bring back that genre of music. It's been gone too long and I hope Sawyer grows to be "the Jackson Browne" of a new generation.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks for such a happy ending...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just saw this on a local / Chicago media message board. NBC Chicago had the graphic prepared to announce the winner of The Voice on the news immediately following The Voice. On the news, this is what appeared instead of Sawyer's name. I wonder if someone's head rolled at NBC Chicago?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe it was an editorial comment?

I would hope someone got in some trouble..

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
How sad. I remember when Anthony dropped out of this season. He was very talented.

The Voice Contestant Anthony Riley Found Dead: Report

http://www.people.com/article/anthony-riley-the-voice-suicide-dead

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh.. I thought I posted the same thing.. and very sad.. the article I saw said friends said when he dropped out he talked of rehab, don't know if he went but so young and just tragic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, there were rumors, but nothing official. He had a great voice. Very Sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He had a four chair turnaround and chose Pharrel.. the article I saw had tweets saying Blake was his second choice and I guess he posted himself singing country..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know it is for next season, but Gwen Stefani will be back in Christina's place.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Blake Shelton and Amanda Lambert are getting divorced. She cheated on him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Adam is now the happily married guy and Blake is single. Could be interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh, yeah and Blake had a reputation as a saint. Sorry. Blake and Adam both show up a lot in gossip sites as chronic cheaters. Maybe it is a music thing, I keep getting referenced to them when I am trying to google something else (not above gossip just not interested in certain kinds like people who cheat, so many do it is almost pointless to read, the names blur into one and other - music Tv and movies - the same old same old - cheat cheat cheat, almost as much as drugs, booze drugs booze. gets boring)
I have gotten jaded, if I didn't actually know a few good marriages, I would say that no marriage was happy. Perfect no, none are perfect, but happy, there are quite a few. The touring in music makes it especially hard.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just wanted to share this link. We had a local comedian / television / radio personality (Dave Anderson) pass away this weekend from complications due to pancreatic cancer. He was a well known, well loved individual here in Portland. On Monday, our local ABC channel (KATU2) did a tribute show to him. You have to know this was the morning after he passed away. As part of that show, Joshua Davis sang to close out the show. I think he was already scheduled due to events in town, but they asked him to sing something to close out the morning show. I have to say... Joshua's song was perfect. So, I thought I would pass it along to the TVCH group.

http://katu.com/amnw/special-guests/the-voice-finalist-joshua-davis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: