TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through August 28, 2012 users admin

Ssfgal

02-07-2008

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ssfgal a private message Print Post    
Agree with all of the above...but remember it is reality tv and edited to suit the need...
Chloe is a wonderful dancer and deserves the chance she got...

Jill and Kathy are media slu*s who, like Kate are using their children for their own needs...I have started to skip over them when they are on...they are worse than a thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws!...

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Chloe has consistently done better when outside judges are doing the selecting. How advanced would she be if she had the kind of attention that Maddie got? I think Abbie is upset that she backed the wrong horse.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
This is reality TV, you have to expect them to twist things. The reality is that BOTH Maddie and Chloe got selected by Joffrey, but they only showed Chloe getting the call. Also, if you go to the Abby Lee website (the reigndanceproductions one where they actually post the class info) you will see that both Kendall and her sister Ryleigh are dancing at Abby Lee not Candy Apples. So a lot of that stuff is manufactured. Everyone acts like it is some kind of federal crime that Abby Lee is closer to Maddie and her mother. Good grief, what dance studio did you go to where everyone was treated equally? I had a very nice dance teacher, but her DAUGHTER was part of the school and you'll never guess who the featured dancer was all the time! It isn't the US Federal Courts, it is a dance studio that she owns, as long as she fulfills the part of teaching dance, she is doing her job. You don't pay your dance school money expecting affection from the teacher! Well, not unless you want to be very disappointed!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Did Maddie get a scholarship too? That news makes me feel better. She obviously is a very talented little girl. The show left us with the impression that the Joffrey people thought she wasn't strong enough in ballet and would do better on Broadway.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I totally agreed with the Joffrey people's comments to Maddie, I have often thought that Abby's choreography is too rushed on those solos but I guess Abby knows how to pile up points in a competition. YES, Maddie did get a scholarship also, they (the Dance Moms and Abby) were talking about it on Twitter. They are all on there if you are interested. Most of them use the moniker DanceMoms and then their name (Ex. DanceMomsHolly) but Melissa's is DanceMoms1313 or something similar (too lazy to look it up.) Abby is also on there as Abby_Lee_Miller.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Just looked it up, it is "Dance Mom Holly" with spaces and Dance Mom singular not DanceMoms. Ditto with the others. Jill is also on there.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Oh no, sorry, mistake again, no spaces. Just search on Dance Moms and you will get them!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so according to Melissa's twitter, Abby's mom was ill and that is why she left.
Got this from another board.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I had a feeling that's what was happening!!!

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
It is kind of ridiculous that they try to mislead people when all this info is online.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Dance Moms is back tomorrow night! (Tuesday, June 5)

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Abby is over the top!!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Friday, June 08, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
The double standard between Melissa's children and all the others was magnified! Maddy and Mackenzie both got pep talks for their mistakes and poor Chloe got reprimanded for what she MIGHT forget!

Dawn

07-24-2009

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
so is it true or not true that abby left because of her mom? on the episode they made it seem like she lied to melissa.

im kinda glad the one mom pulled her daughter's from their solo's. abby was complaining that maddy not doing her solo would look bad and then the two are called and not show up. although i think maddy needs some serious therapy for the way she reacts to things. the girl was freaking out WAY too much when her name was called.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
looks like nobody is watching this show anymore, but if anybody else is: Did anybody else notice that on episode six (July 10), that the girls looks suddenly, significantly older?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I just watched yesterday's episode. Some of them have grown quite a bit. Now most of them are as tall or taller than Brooke. She used to be much taller than all of them. Maddie is the only one who hasn't caught up to the rest. If she turns out to be short, Abbie can kiss her dreams of a dance star goodbye. Of course, they are all still growing.

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching. They definitely looked older.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. Yes, it looks like puberty is coming into play with some of the girls, they have gotten a growth spurt. If you follow the moms on Twitter, it looks like they are not hiding that Kendall is back with them, they have all kinds of photos at pools and on the beach with the girls and Kendall.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I also did not understand in this last episode - Abby was making a big deal about Paige 'going for the crown' and 'having to beat Kendall', but Chloe was in the same age group and beat Kendall also, so why was all the pressure on Paige? That part did not make sense to me.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I remember when Melissa made a big deal , threatening lawsuit etc over engagment....well I think I know why she was so touchy. I backed up the dvr 4 times at the end of the espisode and looked at melissa in the stripe dress. I swear she is pregnant. that wasnt just a "belly". anyone else notice this.

I didnt get that eigher Alisons. I dont understand why Kathy and
Abby didnt think it was a big deal about Kendals music being screwed up, I would think for someone her age that would throw her off.

why on earth drive Kendall to Ohio for dance if not for tv purposes. Kathy just isnt that high quality imo that they couldnt find someone closer to home. that has to be a show set up.

Chloe's legs are so long. has beautiful lines and I know nothing about dance:-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of dancers are short. Long lines are beautiful, but I recall meeting some dancers and seeing how short they were. I think Rockettes and show girls are tall. Most ballerinas are less than 5'4". This is below average for females, although 1 is 5'7".

I think it is a lot easier to to control a smaller body, long limbs look great but are harder to control.

Craftygirl

05-09-2011

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Craftygirl a private message Print Post    
I don't usually post (just lurk, lol), but thought I would answer Alisons question. The pressure was only on Paige to win a crown, because not all dancers are entered into that. It is a separate entrance fee. So the high point winner from that age group might not win a crown if she wasn't entered into it. So the crown winner might have only come in 2nd or even 7th. Apparently Abby didn't enter Chloe for the crown.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Thanks Craftygirl. After you said that, I noticed at the VA competition where Maddie won two crowns that she actually did not come in first in the second competition, she came in second. So the girl in first must not have been entered, like you said.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
anybody still watching this show? I read that Abby is getting a new "SYTYCD" type show for child dancers.

Beangirl

07-06-2011

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beangirl a private message Print Post    
I love it. So frustrating how behind we are in Canada.