TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through September 18, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! New season starts up again on August 21!!!

(Someone will need to remind me! LOL!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is one of the best shows ever! :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine turned me on to it and I swear to gawd she told me about it and I turned up my nose. But she was staying here with me, and she was trying to be sure she didn't miss her weekly show (she was staying here for two weeks) and so she made me watch it with her ("made" being relative, of course). This was two seasons ago, soon to be three seasons, and the sneaky thing got me hooked!

I'm not a science fiction person, never watched this channel ever before, but this IS one of the best shows ever!!!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I love the music on this show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That first show was intense. My favorites so far are the blond girl that was in the top 2, and Rod, the winner. He was so kind to help out someone he is competing against. I feel like I have seen Rod before. I'm going to have to go look him up.

Obviously the guy who walked out was going to be eliminated anyway, so no big loss there. I'm just surprised his partner kept his cool and didn't slug him. What an annoying little fellow he was.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just realized I haven't ever seen Rod before. It's just that he reminds me so much of the actor named Mark Harelik, that I felt like I had seen him before.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was dramatic! I liked that the new judge pointed out it was a lose-lose situation for Tommy, if he didn't say anything they'd think he was incompetent, if he did they thought he passed the buck. Good job the partner ran away. What an awful person to work with.

Both of those two with the winning costume seemed supremely likeable.

I so wish Glen Hetrick was the judge who was leaving!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm sorry to see the hot judge go too! These artists were all incredibly gifted (with the guy who left (Joe?) being the possible exception...and he might have been gifted but he was kind of strange in a not so good sort of way...and on this show where a LOT of the contestants are a little strange that's definitely not a good thing!). I thought it was the best first show ever as far as what they accomplished. I too like the blonde girl and I also like the two that had the winning design.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
OMG, that was an intense last half hour. Tommy really did a great job of keeping his cool. I was pretty sure his partner was going to be eliminated anyway because of the crappy paint job (and he probably knew it). But what a loser to walk out. (At any rate, I'm glad he is gone. I think he would have been an impossible know-it-all and I think EVERYONE would have found it difficult to work with him!)

I think the judges had a tough one deciding the winner. That was a unique concept, though, the final winner, and Rod did an amazing job with that weird little man!

Looks like it shall be an interesting season!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Rod is our pick for the season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Costacat, you just made me unexpectedly laugh so hard I almost hurt myself.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Naja, what did I do?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Costacat, "know-it-all" is what I called you in a post when I was mad at you awhile back! LOL Dashes and everything!

Let's forget it and have fun. Well, apparently you did already...LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am going to go on a mission to find the download for Rod's movie short where he plays all the characters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764669/

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh. Well, I guess it's a good thing I don't remember then, yes?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked the big puffy head best, forgotten what it was based on. The winner was really worthy too though.

I might have chosen Ryan(?)'s one as the loser, their really wasn't much to it except the big tummy. I really thought the girl with the bright pink hair was going to be near the bottom as they'd focused on her so much during the show.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
The top three were based on the dagger, the sea urchins (winner) and shells. They were really so well done. I think the right person went home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was a toss-up between the bottom two (I don't even remember seeing that guy last week by the way). I thought the winner could have easily been any of the top 3 looks...I like the blonde girl so I was kind of hoping she would win but the other girl did a great job too.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL. They came down to my neck o' the woods. For a minute there, I thought they'd be hanging around our famous Star of India!

I thought Sara deserved the win. Her makeup and costume were totally ethereal. I thought the colors on Lara's were a bit too bright for some reason.

CC's was just a gawdawful mess. While I thought that chest and stomach piece looked fake as all get out, hers was wrong in every which way. I didn't see a single barnacle, and his color and costume was wrong. The poor man looked like he belonge in a desert and not in the ocean.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Costa...I'm not too sure I would know a barnacle if it came and attached itself to me but I don't think one looks anything like what was on that man's forehead...and it was in such a perfect line...not random at all.

I think that (Ryan?) threw away his challenge to do what he wanted instead of what the challenge entailed. Jewels? You can't figure out how to incorporate jewels into a makeup? No jewels in place of the eyes? No jewels embedded in the skin? Really?

The seahorse was totally cool in my opinion.

I had to laugh when one of the judges said that in the one makeup where the spyscope was involved it looked like a paper towel roll was attached to his face...that's exactly what my daughter had just said (and since she's never changed a paper towel roll in her life I was surprised she knew what one looked like...LOL!).

I loved Lara's shell design, but I was a bit confused by the nose area. It didn't seem to fit the rest of the headpiece.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I grew up scraping barnacles off various surfaces (bottoms of boats, mostly) and those were NOT barnacles!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I still think this is the best season so far, although I wasn't a huge fan of last night's challenge. The artists' abilities are so close that it must be difficult to choose who to leave...although I was definitely less of a fan of the weird paint job on Roy and the guy whose name I can't remember's dragon. They are having to nitpick on the smallest details in order to pick a contestant to omit (although I didn't think the twins would both stay in together for the long haul).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought no one should go last night, they really had to be nitpicky to even criticise them. I'd also have liked both twins to stay, because they've both been very good in some challenges and well, they're twins.

Right at the beginning I was saying they hadn't given them a good enough example of how they expected to integrate the animals into the dragon, and then that was the main complaint at the end. I think they gave the impression they should change the dragon into the new animals, rather than make it a dragon with the animals somehow incorporated into it.

That girl with the red hair is going to cut a finger off soon. Three (four?) injuries in two weeks?!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
She is a little spacey...isn't she the one who dates the cute younger guy from last season who was in the final 3?

So many of the final products actually looked like masks to me, instead of looking like a creature (does that make sense?).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Tonight guest judge is Kevin Smith.
Challenge is to make a comic book character based on a car.

Following "Face Off" is a new show, "Hot Set". Same idea, but building a set instead of makeup.

Makes us wonder if they will somehow combine the makeup with the set design in a future competition.