TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through January 11, 2013 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved Laura's makeup tonight. Alana got lucky that she got paired with Roy.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And Alana didn't really give Roy any credit for it, she said something like "and Roy did a lot too." From the creation part, it seemed like her design would be a slinky suit and a bad ripple-flame face if it wasn't for Roy.

I think it was time for Jason to go. From what I remember he's been near the bottom most weeks.

We're taping Hot Set, not sure if we'll like it but it's worth a try!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was glad to see Jason go...I was never a fan of his.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I don't care for Glen Hetrick. He sets there, too cool for school, looking bored with it all as he insults all the artist's work.He had better be pretty good at what he does to support that attitude.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Glen Hetrick not only does make-up but he has also been in some movies AKA Glen Strange. He was the monster. LOL So, he knows how a costume and make-up should feel on the actor. That's why he asks the models to move a certain way or open their mouth, etc.

But, ITA he does act bored and too cool. Maybe that's just his personality.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am convinced right now that Roy should win. He really is a polished professional already.

I felt bad for Tommy, but it was his time to go. I thought he got a couple breaks early on.

All in all, I thought this ep had a pretty dull subject to work with in the first place.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bad decision I thought! The other two have both regularly been worse than the person who went.

And bringing someone back, particularly as a result of one short challenge, seemed unfair and almost like an afterthought. I wonder why they did it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that he was incredibly talented, but he couldn't see what the judges kept telling him, which was that he kept making the same face over and over again (makes me wonder what haunts his dreams...LOL!). Every week it was the same face, and he had a different excuse.

I really thought Derek's scupt was poorer though, and unless Alana really steps it up she will be going soon because once the judges start pointing out something that they feel is repetitive the artist is not long for the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad that Rod left, but I do thing it was deserved. If you go look at all his creations side by side, they could all be fathered by the same creature. But it looks like he already has a new job. Did you see the commercial for the game app he was in?

I think the final 2 will be Roy and Laura. Both of them seem so consistently reliable in their creations.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, and could they be any different? She looks like a soccer mom and he looks like a strange cowboy who lives in trailer park...LOL! (not saying that there is anything wrong with that by the way - after all, I hail from Mesquite, Texas! I think they have shown themselves to be the two strongest competitors in this very talented group of people. They usually come up with interesting designs and consistently execute them well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Roy didn't deserve to go home tonight :-( I think he was robbed. IMO the guy with the bird monster should have left.

Oh well, at least Laura made it. I'll be rooting for her next week.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree, im sooo pissed, he has been stellar the entire season!!!!!! plus he has been shown helping all of them out of binds!!!!!! such bs!!!! i love laura but thought hers was worst

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, sucky marking everywhere tonight (dwts too). I'm still a bit miffed at Nicole coming back seemingly on a whim, and now she's in the final. There were lots of good ones who didn't deserve to go (including her, but also including several other including Roy) so it's just made this season seem so random.

I was really excited after the January/February season to have another one in the summer, but now it's seeming a bit stale. I think we need a break.

Or get rid of Glen Hatrick.

Have they told us how we're supposed to help in choosing the winner yet?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Nicole's makeup looked like a cheap Halloween costume. (the face) I can't believe they got rid of Roy - who has had stellar makeups week after week - and kept Nicole.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The problem Roy was having recently was all the other stuff outside of the makeup (the props). But we had him picked as a finalist.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize until I just looked to plan my Halloween TV watching that the finale is live.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the episode yet but I have found out the winner and I'm very disappointed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The same thing happened on American Idol one year. The person that got saved won the whole thing. A lot of people weren't happy.

I was rooting for Laura. I didn't vote so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I voted 10 times for Laura. I thought she was consistent and her painting was always so beautiful. Derek had his off days, I think he was in the bottom a few times. But it just doesn't seem right with Nicole winning after coming back so easily. If it was a difficult challenge that got her back in the show that might have been been a bit better, but it seemed like it was such a quick thing and suddenly she was in the running again.

Hearing what they said about her having so many followers online because of her fibromyalgia, makes me think it might have been a bit of a fix. The host also said something to Patrick something like "you were the one who wanted her back on the show." Probably a slip of the tongue but it sounded like they wanted her back and just arranged for it to happen. Not that she wasn't very good, I guess it just seemed unfair to the others.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's kind of how I feel about it too. It seemed like too much of a set-up - once she was brought back she couldn't do anything wrong in the judge's eyes - it just had a hinky feel to it.

Nothing against her - she did some lovely work - but I thought Roy and Laura were by far the better artists (and was hoping for a Laura win).

The other observation I had was did you think that the original intent was that each team would consist of 3 helpers but because the first guy eliminated was such a nut case that they only picked 2 and then CC and Alana were left hanging? It seemed kind of sad in Alana's case that she wasn't asked to be a team member.

I thought the final challenge last year was more intense than this year's.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I kept looking at the past contestants and trying to work out who was missing, and yes, it was that crazy guy! I bet you're right and that's why they left two hanging. I think they thought Alana was too bad with time management, and didn't think she'd be able to get things done quick enough.

Some of last season's challenges were so good. This season they relied too much on sponsoring movies or games, and it just got a bit repetitive. I love the one where they blend the person into the back ground and they didn't do it this season, and they didn't do so many of the just arty ones. I think they need to go back to the earlier format for next season.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
None of people I talked to on Facebook voted for Nicole, some said when they called to vote for Derek or Laura the message said, "Thank you for voting for Nicole". That sounds exactly like what happened on AI, I wouldn't know what was said for sure I didn't vote.

I looked at the photos of Nicole's work and she is talented but IMO people voted off a show should stay off. Made her out like the comeback kid...voted off then comes back to win whole thing.

I think a couple of the people may be offered jobs at well known studios because they had a chance to show off their work. They also got to use equipment and stuff they had never used before. That in itself was an excellent learning opportunity. And fun too I bet.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I think TPTB really wanted a woman to win this season....but I thought it would be Laura in the end.

Marej

09-19-2002

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
New season starts Tuesday!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the head's up! Love this show.