TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA: Archive through March 26, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm also with Dipo and Phaedra on this one.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
ITA Frogichik.

I had a situation like this happen once. I paid a man to do some drywall. He did a great job, we paid him well and he took it upon himself to some digging (overturning like not deep) for a garden because he wanted some money.

I tried to get him to stop and he claimed my husband wanted it done. My husband came home also tried to get him to stop, was a big argument.

Point being if you do business with someone and they do additional stuff it's on them. Is why contracts are important. I don't think Phaedra is shady at all. I was surprised that Nene said that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ooops... major typo. I meant to say that I'm with Frogi and Phaedra on this one.

I also wanted to post that Phaedra made it very clear in her blog that she only had a "production" deal with Kenya and not a distribution deal. Also, Kenya never produced anything in writing, just verbally about how much things were going to cost. When Phaedra started pricing certain items needed for the production, she realized that Kenya would have made a $47,000 profit out of the $100,000 because it would have only cost $53,000 to produce the video.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Nene has a problem with Phaedra from long ago, I get the impression that Phaedra may have been from a somewhat upstanding/ religious family and Nene did not have this stability or the privileges. They are from the same hometown in GA.
I agree with Phaedra, she had nothing in writing and Kenya took it upon herself to move forward without a firm agreement.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting, thanks. I still feel she is a bit shady, even before this incident came up I felt that way, not sure why.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way about Phaedra Dipo, and for me it stems from the way she lied about her pregnancy. I don't trust a liar.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Phaedra was not totally honest when it came to her due date. I am certain that it was due to the fact that her Mother is a Pastor AND the fact that she has an image to uphold as a Southern belle, etc, etc.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
yes lying about her due date gave me a bad impression of Phaedra as well. I've only started liking her this season really.

I can forgive lying to not upset family. I've done it. I'm honest in business though and from what I've seen Phaedra doing business with friends she can separate the two like she did with Sherry where they parted ways but stayed friends.

Kenya is a hot mess in so many ways. Desperate to be relevant, wanting the spotlight so bad I think she'd do or say anything for a plot.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kandi is likely an ok person, but I don 't find her all that small/ petite as she seems to think she is . And I found her mentioning that that she paid for her home in cash a tad crass. One simply does not discuss those sort of things in public. As I am watching the taped show from 01/27 I am looking at the gay hairdresser with the bright red lipstick and I can only shake my head. I just find both of the hairdressers over the top and perhaps they are "gaying"it up for tv.My gay hairdresser nor no other gays that I know are over the top.
OMG Kenya just walked in almost butt nekkid........I think I would almost rather have Sherrye back over Kenya.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I only know that Kandi is the richest of all of them.

She's worth a whopping $35 million and more with her sex toy operation.

I was surprised that Cynthia is the poorest at less than $100,000

Porsha married her husband, and it's he who makes $20 million.

Phadra is supposedly worth about $3 million.

Nene and Kim were neck and neck at $1.5 million each, but Kims married to Kroy and he's worth a few more million.

Nene is now supposed to be approaching $2 million but has incurred a lot of expenses she hopes to get through with her Hollywood deals and now supporting who know how many in her family.

Kenya is supposed to be worth $1.5 million but it can't exactly be proved.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I quite believe Kenya is worth $1.5 million, unless it is on paper. That home she was living in for the show is actually a rental. I don't know if she is still in it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It really didn't bother me that Kandi said she paid for her home in cash. Her home was a foreclosure so she was able to pick it up at a good price. I'm always happy for someone can pay for a home in cash and avoid a mortgage.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kandi is supposedly worth $35 million not just a measly $1.5 million.
I don'trecall anyone Donald Trump discuss $$ in that manner as they don't need to, everyone knows what they can/can't do.Bragging is not attractive.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Porsha's husband seems like kind of a jerk.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I did think it was odd (well, controlling) that Porcha can't have any "guests" to the house when he isn't home.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I found myself fast forwarding through a lot of this episode so I did not hear if Porcha was actually forbidden to have guests or if that was her option. I know someone who worked with the Steelers in a medical capacity years ago and she says that Kordell was quite polite < which means nothing in this situation> but I wonder if he simply told her be careful or specifically said no guests.
She seems like a sweet girl but she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
The contrived, arranged situations are getting just to be a bit much. I.E. , Phaedra never really hired Kenya and wasn't Porcha just a volunteer to Cynthia. And then there's Kandi who goes around stirring the pot.

Maybe if people like me quit watching this crap it would go away. I mean could you imagine NeNe or Phaedra being told not to have guests ??? Wouldn't happen . Most sisters don't roll that way, this one included.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I do agree with you that Porcha is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. And she has a vocabulary unlike any other - LOL. But, that being said, I give her credit for having Kenya pegged from Day One.

I honestly don't know what Kordell thought would happen with Cindy and the Bailey Boys in their home when he wasn't home. Did he think they were going to steal the silverware with the cameras rolling?

Audie

05-08-2011

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I like Kenya and dislike it horribly when Phaedra is so nasty to her along with Porsha. Porsha is not very bright and I think she married her husband for what he could give her. He bought himself a trophy wife....not a bright one, but she's young and listens to his orders. Phaedra is mean spirited and I wouldn't trust her or her husband....not very much on the up and up, IMO. Kenya is trying to be polite and those two seem to delight in cutting her down. They must be aware of how pretty Kenya is and their own unlucky looks. Phaedra and Porsha and sometimes Candy are the mean girls this season.....very mean and jealous!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have to admit that as much as I disliked Kenya this season, I am starting to appreciate her brand of cray cray. And Phaedra, who I used to love, is coming across as a real mean girl this season. And Kandi? They could just get rid of her. She brings nothing to the table. I'm not a prude by any means, but she can be gross.

Emibub

05-08-2011

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
I think Kenya has settled down as the season has progressed. I think these women think they need to come in bigger than life in order to appear interesting in the beginning. Because she definitely was cray-cray. I actually think I have some sympathy for her since she seems to be trying to take the high road where as P&P continue to twist the knives....

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Kenya is ridiculous in her behavior at parties, concerning Walter. As far as I can see, he's minding his own business and not bothering her. She is all about the attention. And how did she ever win Miss whatever it was?

Martyc

05-09-2011

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's because I don't think Kenya is pretty on the inside, but I just don't find her attractive at all. How did she win Miss USA? She doesn't have a pleasing personality, doesn't appear to be really smart, and has a very bad complexion which she tries to cover with makeup that is too dark for her skin tone. She just isn;t appealing in any way.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I've always felt that these women from Atlanta were not truly represenative of "real" women in Atlanta and nor were they the cream of the crop.There are too many women in Atlanta(and DC)who are well educated, mothers who are not involved in show business but are truly real housewives and mothers.I pick these cities in particular when I think of African Americans who have likely achieved the dream of owning a home, having good jobs, etc. I can recall being a 14 year old kid attending graduation at Howard University < a historical black college > and I had never seen so many African Americans receiving degrees. Granted they probably would need bring the drama that is required for these shows and DeShawn Snow would be an example.But then she had $$$$ only because her then hubby was in the NBA.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was getting my daily dose of tea this morning and it is being reported that Kordell filed for divorce this past Friday.

This may be the best thing that ever happened to Porcha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I just saw that, Lexiegirl, and I agree.