TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through February 13, 2013 users admin

Mykidsmom

05-08-2011

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mykidsmom a private message Print Post    
I thought all the "new" girls did well. The new girl from last week had a beautiful solo, too. I wonder how much is staged for Yvette's team to beat Abbie. Hayley was really good, too! It was kind of nice to see some different dancers.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Agreed, but it looks like Allie goes back to Louisiana. Probably best because that mom is way too nice to be subjected to the crazy moms! Although Sophia's mom seemed somewhat normal. I thought Abby was going to cry when they lost to Yvette's team like she did when Cathy beat them.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Can't stand the even more evil Abby this season, but I did think that her group was a a LOT better than Yvette's. That was either some strange judging, or just staged to add drama for the show..

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Seems to me that Abby calling 911 to report the moms as trespassers is a huge waste of police resources.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I am starting to feel kinda dirty for watching this show now. The fighting and the nastiness has gone beyond the line. Seeing those two kids sobbing and begging their mom's to apologize to Abby was heartbreaking. They were used for nothing more than ratings.

And again, seeing Chloe being ripped apart and her words of "I am glad I didn't get second cause then Abby would tell me I was the first loser" was heartbreaking.

I don't know people, I believe this has gone way to far.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I felt the same way...I would never put my kid thru that kind of shame and pain. Chloe is one of my very favorites.( not her mom ) I did notice Maddie giving Sophia a hug before she went on stage. Good on Maddie. Christie was right tho when she said that Abby took credit for Sophia and her turns when she hadn't been her teacher.

Tthomas3082

05-09-2011

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tthomas3082 a private message Print Post    
I am not as upset with the mothers as they are told to be there. The way Abby talks to these girls because of their mothers is the biggest problem. Every time Abby has something bad to say about how the Mothers act it is funny because it is they same way & sometimes worse then how she has acted. Chloe is my favorite too as for many people watching this show & the main reason is because we see her as the underdog because of how Abby treats her. I believe if they were not under contract they all would walk. It would be easy to find another Teacher that can do the same with these girls. It is not like Abby is showing them how to do the turns and bends it is the Teachers behind the scenes.

Debbborra

08-17-2012

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbborra a private message Print Post    
I watched the last couple of episodes of the last season. I saw her dance competition show, where she was occasionally bitchy, but basically sane. This season of dance moms, I'm shoved. Was she always batcrap crazy? I can't believe people subject their kids to that. Does anyone else besides me want to call CPS on the whole bunch of them?

Sammi

03-31-2008

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Yes, Abby and those nut job mothers are all completely over the top this year. I just can't believe that any parent would subject their kids to such insanity. The mothers are almost as bad as abby. The only mother I think might have just a little commen sense is Nia's (I think that's her name) mom. I got so I just watch the competition dance and just ff thru all the bull----!!!!!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
everytime I think it's fake I see one of those lil girls cry and at that age I dont think they having the acting chops to pull off that emotion so it has to be real then I feel dirty for watching child abuse

Alisons

01-10-2003

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
So if those moms think Abby is so bad, why are their kids still there? So what if they lose their title for a year, if you think Abby is abusive, then get them out of there! What makes no sense to me is how they think Abby is so horrible but they continue to fight with her (which just makes it worse for the kids) and keep their kids at the studio! The moms are fame-w*h*ores and they are using their kids as props!

Debbborra

08-17-2012

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbborra a private message Print Post    
Was she always this cruel?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Margaret O'Brien could cry at will as a child. Other kids need a little onion to get them going. I think it started out about as real as these shows get, but since then they've been scripting it for the drama. They're over doing it quite a bit. It was a lot more fun in the beginning when Abby was just a tough task master and the mothers were just idiotic fame-w... what Alison said.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I get disgusted everytime the mothers yell at Abby and say everyone's here to see our girls. Well yes they are because they are on show with Abby.

Also Christy is the main one always saying why do I put my child through this. If it is so bad she should take her out.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Abby was on Watch What Happens Live on Bravo, interesting when she went off on a rant about a mom taking her child to signings (I must admit, I've forgotten who, but Andy always likes it when he gets good gossip going!)

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live?

I doubt if Abby will like it! "Abby Lee's Dance-A-Catty-Me" roflol

Sia

03-10-2002

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
My 14-year-old daughter and I watch "Dance Moms" to see the cute routines, costumes, and to follow the girls as they compete. We are both shocked and disgusted at Abby's language and the terrible things she says to the mothers--in the presence of the children. The dancers are still CHILDREN and should never be subjected to such verbal and emotional abuse. Don't get me wrong: the mothers are equally appalling in the way they curse, backstab, fight and pick on one another; they're no better than Abby. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how Abby Lee Miller has gained such a stellar reputation for turning out "dance stars" for so many years, given the way we've seen her behave on the show. She must truly have some gifted instructors working for her who, no doubt, put up with a lot of crap, take Abby's mouthiness and put-downs, and who do much of the hands-on, actual dance TEACHING. I'm not sure why my daughter and I still watch the show.

Cathy (of the CANDY APPLES studio) is also petty, small-minded, critical, and just as b!tchy as Abby Lee! I just hope when the women see their behavior on television that they will change.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I think for the most part this show is scripted, but I agree with you Sia, it is appalling the way Abby talks (shrieks) to the kids and also how the mothers swear back at her in front of the kids. I no longer watch the show. I would hope that when the cameras are off the yelling and language is not like it is on camera, but none of them are good examples to the kids. This show is no longer entertainment!!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
these dance comps they win seem to be held at high schools. So I dont know how great you have to be to win a contest like that

Nan

09-25-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
I know someone who judges many well known dance competitions, all over the US. She told me that Dance Moms wanted to be involved in one of their competitions, but there would have to be special filming, etc., and they turned the Dance Moms show down, because they didn't want to deal with all of it...possibly may not even have wanted to be involved with that kind of rather sad representation of dance competitions. I think too the show is scripted, and that makes it even worse, if the language and rage are put on for show, especially in front of those kids. I can't even imagine thinking of allowing my child to be exposed to that kind of behavior whether scripted or not.I would think that show may even possibly discourage some young girls who may want to consider dance as something they would like to get involved in.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
My granddaughters are heavily in dance. Some of the older girls from their studio went to a competition last year at Myrtle Beach, SC and met Christy, Chloe, Kelly, Brooke, Page, Jill, and Kendall. Said they were so nice, talked awhile, and took pictures with them.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
CRAZINESS last night!

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
How many times has Abby berated the girls for crying? There she was crying like the baby she accuses them of being!

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
WOW!This show just went over the top for me. I've watched it from the beginning, but I can't watch this anymore. If Christie comes back, and Holly stays they are asking for punishment. Even Kathy is nutty. I think it's also wrong for that mom to bring her son to Candy Apples after he was on Abby's dance contest show. These people are all nuts, and if fame is that important, then I feel sorry for all of them. Did ya see how they all stuck up for Christie after she left? Not

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Cathy is cuckoo for cocoa puffs! While I don't agree with Abby's tactics, for Cathy to go into their room and act like she did was waaaaay out of line. And then to hit them with her purse??!!

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I used to like this show but I'm not so sure anymore. Abbey's behavior is horrible and the only mom I have consistently enjoyed has been Holly. All I kept thinking last night was this is setting the ground work for a spin-off...Dance Dads. Yuk!