TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 13, 2013 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think they are both pretty much to blame. She has always been pretty much of a person who lets things go in the house...and he is getting more fractious as time goes by. Neither one wants to see the other's side of things. Hey Amy, clean up the junk...you have no kids at home and your youngest has apparently retreated to his room! What else do you have to do?

And Matt...leave your phone at home!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I agree they are probably both at fault. I'm guessing Amy is a bit of a hoarder. Maybe TLC should put her on Hoarders. But I guess that's a different channel.

Matt is ruthless though. He should try to have a little understanding. And I was really disappointed in his comment at the western bar. "25 years, and this is what I have to look forward too." All cause she wanted to go out and have a little fun and dance.

Maybe Amy should go out on the farm to all of Matt's incomplete "projects" and start ordering them bulldozed to the ground. I bet he'd have a whole new attitude about "stuff" and "clutter."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amy actually had more to do that clean house.. she's pretty involved in lots of local charities and volunteering and also her foundation.

(I haven't seen the show tonight)

And I gather that for years Matt was travelling for work much of the time so Amy was left to do whatever had to be done at home and was used to no interference.

And for years he's had all his projects where he just bulls ahead and gets his way, no matter what, no matter what the cost and has expected Amy to drop everything for many of the projects.

And the house expanded as a series of his projects, too. I doubt that Amy ever wanted a huge house to maintain.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
My comments were after having watched the first half of the show.

2nd half. Matt is "preparing" for another date night by "toughening up" to "get it over with." That's not a way to go out on a date with your wife. And then to spend the time there sulking, pouting and complaining (and texting on the phone). He had no intention of even trying to enjoy spending time with his wife. No wonder those dates were failures. He said he "let her pick" the restaurant. If so, the least he could do is try enjoy it. He's not "letting her" pick anything if he has no intention of enjoying the time with her. At least she was attempting to enjoy herself.

The shack in the mountains was kinda nice. I think he just needs to be in control of things and be the one who plans it out. Amy did enjoy it. But as soon as they get home. More of the same.

Oh, and when he told her he wanted to know what she was working on so he could better appreciate how she spent her time. Since when is he Management and she's the employee who has to justify her hours? I would have given him the same look and response she did. Excuse ME?

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh, I was so irritated with Matt on tonight's show. What a sourpuss and (want to be) controlling person. Wants to better appreciate how she spends her time!!!! Obviously she was busy doing something that needed to be done. On the other hand, I can't see any reason to have items strung all over the floor that have no purpose except to clutter. That would drive me nuts. I guess when the kids left home they didn't bother to pick up their stuff. I'd march them back there to do it, whatever was their mess.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I feel so sad for Jacob. They were so involved with the other kids and their friends - always had huge groups at the house. They act as though they are empty nesters, while he sits alone up in his room.

It feels like they are now trying to make new shows based on whether they will or won't get divorced. They even left it up in the air at the end with Matt's comments, as though another show will be coming to let us know. It just seems like reality shows doom marriages.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I find Bill and Jen on The Little Couple to be so much more interesting and easy to watch.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
While I agree Amy needs to clean up the house, Matt's attitude needs a major overhaul! She does work! She is involved with several charities and she is a promotional speaker on little people...while Matt drives around the farm issuing orders to others to do the work he takes credit for. Matt going to his friend for advice, made me believe he wanted the friend to say end it. That way what he wanted to do would be validated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ugh.. should I even watch it?

Matt has always done that half assed but not really there thing with ANYTHING he didn't plan. Seems like he was late to graduations, planned a boys trip to avoid being at the World LP games (because AMY was doing all the work for all the teams and HE wasn't in charge). He even managed not to play with her in bocce ball as planned. Just being a jerk, basically and seems incapable of supporting her or anyone, just want to make things happen, supposedly for them but results in a ripped up home for a big holiday gathering or everyone holding their breath to see if he'll manage to finish a grandiose scheme in time to actually use the yard, the pool, whatever is new. Then he expects high praise.

He was too busy planning an event to go to the nearby hospital (as Amy did) too see their great friend, Mike Detloff, for a final time before he died and that man had been a great mentor and father figure to ALL the kids but especially Jacob and Jeremy.

He satobagued one of Amy's planned trips by moping and pouting and calling home and finally leaving early.

Maybe being a clutter bug is a passive way at getting back at him by now.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about that Sea (the "getting back at him" theory). At one point, he's going on about some salt shakers or something, and how they are all over the counter. And she gets a determined look on her face and says something like, "and they're going to stay that way too."

Scout, you bring up an interesting point about poor Jacob. How sad to still be the lone kid at home, and the parents are already acting like empty nesters. When they were going about their arguing, did you catch that interesting remark from Molly, something about "why do you think I moved out?" Too bad.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Maybe being a clutter bug is a passive way at getting back at him by now.

Good point Sea!

While I agree with everyone that the house needs to be kept up MUCH better, Matt is no bargain.

Poor Jacob is right.

I wonder how their lives would have been different if they had never done this show? It's kind of sad, really.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think they would live in a much smaller house.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the show was, for Matt, money to continue with his projects and including show projects where he took some of or all of them places to help them learn something (for school or a future job or what he would like.. a kid staying and taking on the farm) and initially to help publicize his company but also LPA.. but he seems estranged from that organization somewhat now.. and for Amy it was getting the word out too but I think it grew into the benefits for her kids in terms of travel and experiences, even volunteer work. I know some of the kids have supported her volunteer work including stuff not shown on the show.

And I'm thinking that the show exacerbated many things. Like Matt could easily see how sloppy the place was and see people posting about that, which just raised his ire about it. And Amy undoubtedly had to see that Matt really WAS controlling, condescending in terms of always going around Amy in terms of spending money and resources, or ignoring her schedule.. there it is, all documented!!

Probably a smaller house, though he had upsized over the years prior to the show.

They might not have so many vehicles, too..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So I watched it. Just wanted to boot Matt in the butt several times.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Oh, the other thing that bugged me about Matt is how he was whining to the camera (or anyone else he could get to listen) that Amy was now complaining about the very "attributes" she originally married him for. He kept talking about how he was driven. Well, there's driven and then there's being a jerk. Being driven does not give you a free pass and permission to ramrod the people around you and be a jerk to your wife.

I know someone just like that. She is bipolar with a TBI. She creates and embraces drama around it, and uses it as justification and permission for her behavior. And it's very frustrating to be around.

What I find sad is Matt has had plenty of time to see himself on TV and see how he is. And he still obviously doesn't get it.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I sorta understand what he's saying....he hasn't changed his personality sine they met but Amy complains about him any chance she gets. But I'm pretty sure she's complained about him since the beginning...so they both should just deal with it...or as my granddad would say...poop or get off the pot.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think they've been irritating each other since the get go, but they had the kids to distract them. I think they just need to perhaps set a few ground rules (maybe declare a few rooms 'junk free zones' and a few days a month 'date night' and make some compromises).

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Matt is capable of compromising.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think for years, Matt had a job that took him away from home, and didn't mess with Amy's management at home. And didn't sit off in his office and try to micromanage her.

When she stopped working at the day care and the kids were older so she wasn't coaching soccer, she was encouraged to do public speaking, which Matt used to do as well,but right away, even though he encouraged her, he totally disrespected her scheduled trips out of town and would plan stuff right on top of that and then whine because she didn't drop everything.

Matt, compromise? Remember his run in with the code enforcement people? Granted, he had points when he built a lower railing for the LP in the famile, but that didn't pass code for taller people walking down the stairs. Same with the deck. He knows that but he goes ahead and does what he wants, and then argues later.

Was good to see that Zach and his girlfriend are doing well and that Zach was encouraging Jacob to get out of the house.

Driven can mean different things.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one to notice how this show was cobbled together from at least spring, summer and fall...the trees are a dead give-away. Non of the show was linear...the times were all over the place to fit what sort of story the producer was after.

I do think they must have a housekeeper for the downstairs as it was neat and tidy.

Like I've said before I wouldn't want to walk a mile in these people's shoes. Every little thing they do is probably triple the work for them as it would be for normal-sized, able-bodied people. No wonder they get a bit cranky from time to time. Just watching the both of them navigate around wears me out for them.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I just can't believe how much Jacob is ignored. He said he only comes out of his room for food. How sad.

Their "dates" were so uncomfortable. Matt was miserable.

Their cabin in the woods in Mt. Shasta was nice.
They seemed to be trying.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Matt was miserable in those dates cause he chose to be. He not only put forth no effort to enjoy the evening, he made a concious effort to be miserable during it.

I didn't notice the cobbling together of the seasons. Good eye for detail OG.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't see how Jacob is acting any different than most teens his age. They 'vant' to be alone.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
We call my 16 yr old grandson's room the bat cave...he graces us with his presence while emptying the refrigerator, or just being nice while asking for money, wheels, or something!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, Jacob is all teen and they do hole up! Also, he's the youngest and everyone is gone. I think this happens in many families where the youngest is kind of forgotten after the older kids move on and move out. Totally normal and nothing to do with being a TV family.

It was nice to see that Zach still has his girlfriend.