TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through September 04, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow there is a special Face Off called "Face Off: The Vets Strike Back." It's two hours long and I think it's a mini competition involving some cast offs from last season, with the winning being allowed to join the new season.

And speaking of which, the new season starts August 13th, which is next Tuesday.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My u-verse picked it up automatically, which makes me very happy with my u-verse!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My DirecTV didn't, because it was billed under a slightly different name. Clever U-Verse.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Believe me, it's not often that I say something nice about u-verse, so I had to say it while I was thinking it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well that's disappointing, haven't quite finished the show yet but so far it's just been on past people. The series is going to be eight veterans vs eight newbies, so tonight's show is highlighting the returning veterans, with only a "sneak peak" of the new season.

The returning veterans are:

Roy (Season 3, final three)
Miranda (Season 2, third person out)
Tate (Season 1, final three)
RJ (Season 2, final three)
Laura (Season 3, final three)
Eric Z (Season 4, midway in the season then won Face Off Redemption (online))
Alana (Season 3, midway)
Frank (Season 1, third person out (and an annoying one))

I just don't know how it can be fair having newbies against past contestants who got to the final three! Not sure how this is going to work at all...

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Roy and Laura are my two favs from the veterans. Besides their great work, they were nice people during their season.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I like that they're calling the returnees veterans and not all-stars like all the other reality completion shows do.

I haven't seen seasons 1 or 2 so I don't know those returnees, but of the ones I do know (I agree) both Roy & Laura were super talented & likeable. I'm glad they'll be coming back.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I liked Roy and Laura, too. I never watched Season 1 so at least they will be new to me!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Personally I don't see why they brought back Miranda...surely they could find someone else who was better! She must be somebody they think has lots of potential or a friend of a friend! LOL!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Tate had a good chance of winning season 1 (although I was rooting for Connor!). I'm still irritated by them bringing back that woman in Roy and Laura's season and then she won.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was just waiting for "that woman" (can't remember her name either!) to be listed as one of the veterans, but thankfully no.

I like all the veterans except Frank who was awful, and Alana who got on my nerves a bit. I don't really remember Miranda though.

My complaint though is how can it be fair to pit people who are less experienced in general and newbies to the programme against those who know and have experience with how the program works (keeping to tight schedules, knowing what the judges are looking for etc.) so much that they made it to the final in many cases. That's a lot of extra information, and it's not like something like Survivor, where as well as the benefits there's also a target on your head, with this it's judged solely on performance, and they have a huge advantage with that.

An all veterans season would have been great, but veterans vs newbies just doesn't seem fair. Unless the newbies are particularly advanced/experienced this year.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I've decided I'm definitely pulling for Roy this season! He is so talented ... not to mention I've thought he was robbed in his season.

I was so WOWED by that character he did in the first challenge last night! It was awesome and completely unique. I couldn't get over how much it really did look like a drawing, and the makeup completely blended with the costume!

LOL...don't know if it was just me, but the face of Alana & Miranda's character sure seemed to resemble Alana to me. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Alana and Miranda's character was really beautiful though. I loved Laura's character and was glad she had a good first showing on both challenges (I'm a Roy and Laura fan myself...LOL!) I was surprised at how bad RJ did for his first challenge - they got so enthralled with going big that they didn't think about the entire piece. Perhaps it would have been better to have only had 2 artists working on that piece and the third one go and work with somebody else. I think they tried to compartmentalize their own design too much.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
http://www.syfy.com/videos/Homepage/vid:2669521

If you are a Face/Off junkie like I am, you might find the above link interesting. It is Rayce and Anthony doing critiques of the episodes...two of the best winners ever in my opinion...both nice guys and amazing artists.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought Roy's first character was amazing!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think this season was created for roy to win. They know they screwed up and he should have won his season

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought Roy's first character should definitely have earned him the immunity, I was surprised it didn't. So original.

And I was surprised how awful the ogre created by the three veterans was! How could they not see it was just feet and arms!? Although the newbies' ogre looked a bit like a child made it, at least the proportions were reasonable.

And (again) I liked Alfonso (forgotten his name already) face sculpt. It looked like a sweet old man, and I couldn't understand how they were saying it was so anatomically incorrect.

My favourite was the newbies' fawn. The veterans' one looked like a proboscis monkey.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Roy's Spot Light challenge character was gorgeous. His elimination challenge was good also (he did the veteran's faun).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Having watched several clips and critiques of the show, Roy's Spotlight character just looks better all the time!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Great season opener! I agree on Roy's character it was so different. His thought process is so unique. I predict a final two of Roy and Laura.

I was pleasantly surprised about Miranda and Alana's performance especially Miranda. She really has matured. I recall her being very unsure of herself. The same with Alana too some extent. I do recall Roy being quite supportive and a mentor to her in her season.

As usual I am in awe of the contestants abilities.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was so scared for Roy tonight, I didn't even want to watch the end of the show. I'm glad I did, he was safe. But the squid creature was really bad.

I'm very happy my two favs are still there, Roy and Laura. Laura's rat was really pretty amazing.

I feel a little surprised that Miranda is doing so well. I just didn't expect it. And speaking of Miranda, does she remind anybody else of Taylor Swift? I mean in the manner she overreacts and looks so surprised at being given praise? LOL When I see her reaction to the judges giving her praise, her reaction seems so overly grateful, like when Taylor Swift looks around "bewildered" at the the applause she gets....LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, one mistake and it could have been over! I was hoping even if he was at the bottom they would pretend he wasn't based on how good they know he can be. But in the end I think just his head was better than Adolfo's whole design.

I was surprised about Miranda too! I actually said to hubby at the beginning of the show "let's see how she is by herself," but the answer was actually pretty good! Yes, she does do that over dramatic double triple thank you thank you!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I had a feeling you'd notice Miranda's over-gratefulness, Kitt!

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am glad Roy stayed, too!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Me too about Roy. Miranda definitely benefited by the advice she was given by the mentor (whose name I have temporarily forgotten). Personally I thought that Laura's character was more interesting, plus that actor really was working it!