TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 09, 2013 users admin

Audie

05-08-2011

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I am over-dosing on the pretentious Lisa and the feeble Ken. Good heavens, who are they related to with all this air time? I see no class when I see them. She's his old "Barbie doll," and he's her money bag. I really don't see any affection between the two. Tired of seeing the both of them!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Audie, I am glad to hear that I am not alone in being tired of Lisa and Ken. She is so holier than thou. And at the reunion I wanted to wipe that smirk off of Brandi's face. I am so over her and her mean girl way. For her to tell Mauricio she didn't like his tone when he talked to her and that no man should ever talk to a lady like that.....first of all she is no lady and second of all, she doesn't like his tone but it is fine for her to tell him to shut the F up. That shows lots of class....NOT.
In the beginning I liked Yolanda, but not so much any more. She comes across that she is so much better than the rest and she too is quite a pot stirrer. They need a whole new group for BH.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Lias worked/works hard and along with ken have worked together to earn their income. She's making money now through other ventures besides restaurants. It's wrong to insinuate that Lisa is with ken for his "money bag".

They all smirk and do their facial contortion my most annoying facial contorter is Kyle.

If Kyle and Mo are back next season I hope Mo wears big boy pants and takes off Kyles panties.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absolutely agree with you, Lilfair!!! I love Lisa and Ken. I see LOTS of affection between them. How do you stay together for 30 years without it? When he was having his surgery, Lisa said if anything happened to him, she didn't know if she could live without him. And when he made that swing for her? How sweet was that???

I'm currently reading Brandi's book, "Drinking and Tweeting." (Side note: Brandi's book has 4 1/2 stars on Amazon; Taylor's book has only 2 1/2. Hee.) Having also been through a divorce, I can understand her anger. Her husband was a lying, cheating dirtbag. And to have to go through that so publicly! When he left her, he truely left her with nothing. They were very far in debt and now that he has a rich wife, he doesn't need to work, so Brandi doesn't get much monetary support. She lost her husband, her home and major time with her kids. At the time she was a stay-at-home mom, so she really had to scramble to get some income for herself and her kids. I'd be angry too!

Audie

05-08-2011

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
Sorry but I just can't tolerate Lisa and Ken. She probably married him for his money. She's very artificial, as far as I can tell, and I don't like her superior attitude. She and Yolanda act as if they're better than the others. Okay, they are better than Brandi, but then who isn't? Really why do they have trash like Brandi on the show? Are we really supposed to "like" her swearing and trash talk?

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I like Lisa and Ken. They are very authentic to me and are pretty much typical of the European middle/upper class. So is Yolanda. If you notice they don't shout or scream or cause a scene.. just like my mom.

Side note: My mom is English and comports herself in the same manner as Lisa. My dad on the other hand is a southerner. I had a strange upbringing.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I like Lisa and Ken. I don't see her marrying Ken for his money, and they both are just adorable. I like Brandi as well at least she's honest unlike Adrienne who's full of crap.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lisa has worked hard over the last 30 years opening 26 restaurants all over the world.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I am thrilled for Brandi that her book is doing so well. Revenge served up cold can indeed be sweet. I like Brandi ... at least for now. lol I do wish she would clean up her language, as well as, filter her wording before sharing her honest thoughts about something. While I understood what she was trying to say, I thought her wording was shocking regarding Kyle about Kim's future of sobriety. Concerning the poo pillow, what I heard her respond to a question about it was, "You could smell it". I did not take that to mean she had personally investigated it, but rather that the odor was easily identifiable.

I also like Lisa and Ken. I think they are adorable. I love the relationship both have with Brandi. Judging only by what is shown to us, I think they all have fun together and genuinely like/care for each other.

I am on the fence about Yolanda. I really liked her at first. As the season went on, she came across much more opinionated and bossy. It will be interesting to see how she does next season.

I don't like the way Marissa talks about her husband. And, I think she is a gossip.

If I never, ever, ever see Faye on my TV screen again, it will be too soon.

Kyle was my favorite housewife the first year. She has been such pot stirrer, that she has fallen from being my favorite some time ago. I do think her children are adorable.

I am really happy for Kim that she is working so hard to stay sober. I think the most real moments we have seen on this show were Kim's comments during the reunion about her fight for sobriety. It hurt my heart to hear and see the fear she has about not succeeding.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/06/21/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-adds-two-new-faces/

sounds like they're filming and with 2 new housewives - and of course there are 2 "teams" because the more drama the more ratings....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I had heard about the possible addition of these two women. I knew they had to get someone to film with Kyle since Faye and Adrienne are officially off the show and Taylor is being phased out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They're baaaaaack! Hate how I was watching RHOBH, but suddenly I'm watching Vanderpump Rules. Those kids are all a mess!!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Shame on bravo for tricking my dvr and recording that Sur show with all those boring and non interesting servers/wannabe actors. Lisa should be ashamed.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, Bravo definitely pulled a fast one on us. I am surprised that there wasn't enough RHBH's to fill the time. It seems they had to pad the episode with all the SUR stuff.

I don't know how any food or drinks get served at that restaurant. The staff seems to be either arguing, doing shots, crying, cheating.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I hate the addition of the SUR people. What a vapid, narcissistic waste of TV time.
And if I was the owner none of them would be employed after that evening.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Of all the shows Bravo puts out Sue has to be the absolute worst. Lisa must keep them on only for show purposes.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
*Sue should be Sur/Vanderpump rules.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the people they show on SUR really work there. I feel like they just tape scenes for the show and then the real staff comes in and run the the business.

Cynical I guess.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing Reenie.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Someone needs to go there, sit in the bar and figure out if any of them actually work there. LOL!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Dipo and Chieko...If I didn't live totally across the country (FL), you know I'd be nosing around that place to see if any of them really work there!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
They do work there. :-) Friends of mine ate there a few months ago while filming was going on and confirmed. They didn't see the entire cast at once but they saw enough. lol They said they had a good meal.

I live close enough to dine there but the DH will walk by when the show is on and mutter a few negative things. So I'd have to find another date. Heh. Another visiting friend of mine ate at Villa Blanca and had nothing but bad things to say about the experience. (FYI :-) )

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Bonza...thanks for that info. I can't believe Lisa would put up with such an unruly staff.

Laughing at the thought of your DH muttering negative things!!!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Reenie, lol, he looks at me like I'm insane for watching. And he might be right.

And I forgot to mention... My friends that ate at Sur were given the opportunity to stay and sign releases, and footage with them in it might have been aired on the show. I believe it was the same for all dinner guests at that time. My friends said that many had chose to do it and it looked like the process would have taken a while, so they passed.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
When Matt Lauer interviewed the cast of Duck Dynasty, he asked if it was reality or scripted. They said it was scripted reality. The producer set up scenes and they (DD cast) said and did things as they would in reality. Perhaps that is what SUR is, alot of pre-stories with a little reality.