TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through March 12, 2014 users admin

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Matt's idea, in my opinion, of building a "Tara" for the weddings was all wrong. It would look totally out of place in that setting. It needs to fit in with the surroundings.

Tears were shed by me watching the Rocky part. I've been in that circumstance several times.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Oh, yes Granjan the tears began slowly and then hit into full gear....then both my cat and dog curled up next to me. sigh Rocky had a good life on that farm.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
More tears were shed here today. We found out our sweet Phredd (a Bearded Collie/Wheaten Terrier) has cancer with 1-2 months to live. He was adopted and is 10 years old. He has meds to keep him feeling better as long as they can. I can't tell you how special he is, it would take too long. What irony, after watching Rocky last night.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
OMG Gran, I am so sorry to read that. My heart goes out to you and your entire family.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So sorry Gran. We just lost our dog in August and all this just brings up memories of that. Losing a pet is never easy.

I hope Matt will head to the local shelter and get another dog. I think the dog gives him a lot of companionship.

It's fun to see the kids back home and what a great summer job -- TV show!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I lost my cat, Angelina, to lymphoma. For a mastiff, Rocky had a pretty good run. I remember in an earlier season they were worried about him, but he had more good time. It really is hard, and especially an animal that has been with kids most of their life. Not that it is easy for us adults.

It was good to see all the kids. I follow Jeremy on Twitter and he seems to be thriving, but good to see all of them. Zach and his girlfriend are such a contrast.. hope he finds his passion.. I mean h has soccer but he could use that to get a degree that would support being a coach or working with athletes.

He seems to like directing and production, but again, there are classes. Jeremy is certainly getting eductated to support his talent with photography.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
RIP Rocky

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I kind of like the idea that Rocky died on his own terms. I've always prayed that my pets would just die in their sleep when the time came, but no, I've always had to do the hard stuff of having them put down.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I kinda liked that too OG. Poor old Rocky.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Own terms is fine, but I thought the vet was trying to tell them that Rocky was IN PAIN with a very aggressive cancer. I would have steped up in that case, no matter how difficult. I'd have taken him home so all the kids and adults could love on him, but then I wouldn't leave him in pain.

Nature and natural are not alwys so kind, really.

We have rules that force people to often experience great pain and/or geing totally drugged, but we can help the wonderful pets to not go through that natural experience.

It was a good thing that all of them were there to go through this together. It is hard for adult children who are off at school to just have a longtime loved pet be gone with no closure.

That trailer Matt brought in was so not set up for the purpose! Very cramped quarters indeed.

I guess that those who get married there with cameras rolling get to be on TV, are seeking a rustic venue and so it all works out for them and that is the most important factor.

I like that Matt wants to make each wedding special and unique.. just wish he'd not always make it a crisis situation.

Amy looked so cute in her saloon outfit! And Matt in his too.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey - That's what I thought the vet was trying to say too. He kept saying how aggressive the cancer was and how quickly it was progressing so Rocky had to have been in pain.
"Nature and natural are not always so kind really" - that's a great way to say it. I would not have let him go on in pain.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw that again and I really think he was trying to tell them..

Anyway saw the newest episode and I think Amy is right.. he never really was happy, just kept so busy and now he just seems determined to abandon it all.. sure, Matt, move to Maui and leave Amy with what I bet is a huge mortgage due to you continually buying land and spending money on construction and vehicles..

I wonder if the farm IS for sale.

And for one thing, seems like they should keep things sort of the same as long as Jacob is still in high school.

They don't show anything Amy is doing and yet she and her foundation seem to keep pretty busy.

Oh and in the episodes this season.. seems like Amy isn't the only one to clutter and let things go.. The house isn't nearly in the shape as most of the out buildings.. and I mean the very buildings they used last season for weddings.. one year and all sorts of crap was staked up, things had to be cleaned and repainted. And I don't think that was Amy's stuff.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm stunned they actually mentioned Jacob a few times last night. First they started off with the typical, "all the kids are moving out" "empty nest" stuff. I was about ready to post and say I'm sick and tired of them forgetting they still have another kid. Then all of a sudden they mentioned him. Maybe more as an afterthought, like "all the kids have moved out....except Jacob." But at least they mentioned him!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, poor Jacob is really going to have a case of youngest child syndrome. It's like "oh, yeah, you're still here!" Poor Jacob.

I'm sure the physical aches and pains are really taking at toll on Matt. He probably needs to learn to let a few things go and hire out what he can't do any longer. I think he fears the boredom of having fewer projects, but physically that may be what he needs to do.

And yes, I'd like to hear more about what Amy's doing. All of this drama feels forced to me. Just show us the family and what's going on with them.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Brenda - I agree, it does feel like it's forced drama. Most of this season felt extremely scripted. It just feels like at this point they are trying to manipulate the audience with their constant "will they or won't they stay together, stay tuned..."

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think Matt is in more pain than they've really let us know about.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I agree the show seems more scripted now. Most of their arguments no longer have the rhythm of a real argument. More like the rhythm of someone not used to acting reading lines, and waiting for the other person to finish their line.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm sure Matt's in pain but that probably isn't helped much by berating Amy. He needs to work out (and there are ways he could be working out) and learn some relaxation techniques.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's a wonder they don't have a hot tub. I think some hot water relaxation and maybe a regular visit with a massage therapist, maybe some physical therapy? but at the least a hot soak might help him. They surely can afford the upkeep.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They probably have a Jacuzzi tub.. we never see any bedrooms except the boys (or Jacob's, these days). We've never ever seen past the door to their bedroom or Molly's.

And they do have a pool. I think Amy was swimming at one time.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I've seen this kind of bad marriage before. It's not one or the others fault. At some point very early on they became adversaries.

It's hard to have a loving relationship with someone you are constantly at war or competing with. If I had to guess Amy was a control freak when it came to the kids and Matt let her control all things about the kids and the house. Matt became the bread winner and in the early days traveled a lot and had the farm and felt that was his domain and controlled all aspects of it.

It seems hey never were able to be friends with one another because they divided their lives into compartments. And fought over every little thing and both always felt slighted by the other.

It's a sad way to live.

Both are crappy towards the other and I wish they would part ways and find true love with other people....life is too short.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree with much that you say.. but kind of lean to Amy having to be in control at home, since Matt was always travelling.

But I can't say we've ever seen Amy start extravagant projects that require the whole family to participate.. Matt's done that for years in footage we do see. Physically he cannot do much of the work not involving equipment, but he doesn't seem to just go off and do a project, but wants family involved. This last summer he had all the kids and that seemed to make him somewhat happy, but now they are back to their lives.

I just remember times when Amy set something up and then he'd be moving it, digging it up, kind of sabotaging things already done (her big garden is one example) and the latest being that instead of just improving the existing bridal and groom get ready areas, he simply and unilaterally had the building burned down!! Call Amy controlling but can you imagine in any family you know, that the husband would have an entire building torched without letting the family (and neighbors) know what was going on? For years he has talked on camera about how he just goes ahead and does what he wants.

And so often when he does stuff for the family, it is the grand gesture, often late on schedule, but when there is a great opportunity to be with his family, he's not there.. Mike Detloff's funeral, for one, several vacations where he either went off on his own or left early and the LPA event in Europe was not scheduled by Amy. But now that he wasn't on the board or in charge of a team, he pouted, planned an alternate trip that pulled the family in different directions, etc.

The pool was a grand gesture but wasn't totally ready for someone's party. When both sides of the family came to celebrate in their new home, Matt decided to put in new flooring at the last minute, another rush job.. instead of maybe helping with the actual event and visit.

He is a restless soul, for sure.

I like them both in so many ways, but it has become so uncomfortable.. and no mention of getting some counseling. I know Matt asked a friend for some advice last season, got the advice and briefly tried some things but that seems forgotten.

But even suggesting that he would just move away and leave Amy with the aftermath of his spending, then swoop in for the grandbabies.. yep.. that is Matt.

But I do think it all stemmed from the fact that each saw the pool of available mates as very small and thus jumped in with each other very quickly.. they have mentioned that many times in a way.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It's complicated for sure.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I have had the opinion for the last few years that Matt wants to end the marriage, but wants Amy to do the dirty work. His suggestions on the last show about his moving away and them taking a break was not received by Amy the same way...thus he waffled back to agreeing they needed to work on their relationship.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The Roloffs announced today they are separated...