TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through March 27, 2014 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I am not surprised, sad but not surprised. He hasn't gone away, he's just living in the 'wedding' house. I pray they are able to save their marriage.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sad but not surprised. I kind of saw them as living two separate lives under the same roof. I can't see him ever leaving the farm.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Same here. Sad but not surprised. Matt has wanted out for a while.

Matt probably thinks he's going to be so happy, but, I bet it ends up that Amy is happiest apart.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree with Reenie. I think Amy will have the last laugh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/12/little-people-big-world-stars-matt-and-amy-roloff-separate/20848550/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D453207

I agree, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now we see why he wanted that modular house for the bridal suite..

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
They had the crappiest marriage I've seen on any reality show. Both will be happier without the other. It's been long over due. I'm happy for both of them. They still have lots of life left to live without each other harassing and bothering one another. Zero chemistry from episode one. I think they both settled when they first married.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess I can't judge the first 18 years, since I didn't see them. And I've seen far worse marriages on tv, but they may well do better apart, that's possible.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I think Matt is actually going to be miserable though I am sure he was the one who wanted to go.

Amy is going to be able to travel and do what she wants now. Who is going to make Matt's sammiches?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
One thing that has me concerned is Matt's physical health. It's not good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wish Matt was concerned and made time to work out and work with his doctors. Of course you can only do so much, but I know Amy does work out. He has the pool and I hope he works with his doctors.

Amy is currently in Michigan visiting her family. She tweeted that with all the news she is glad she is there.

Actually saw that on www.amyroloffcharityfoundation.org

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
It is sad news in a way for the kids. I think they will both be happier apart. I haven't been able to watch them lately. It is just too depressing to subject myself to that. I wish them all well. I like them all individually. Even Matt at times.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
From the last shows, the kids are well aware of the tension and I don't think it was a shock. Of course if one of them actually moves away, as Matt talked of going to live in Maui, that would clearly be more disruptive.

But they are even used to the tug o war for their company and attention.. look how Matt pulled away with Jeremy to sabotage Amy's manageing of the team at the Games a few years back? Suddenly she had to find accomodations for the other kids and do all the legwork without help.

If he had been the manager, he'd have expected full family cooperation, including Amy.

And he didn't even compete for the event he had signed up for.

But I wish them all the best and look forward to the next special.

Amy is in Michigan for a speech, and visiting a friend and her family, but she has an event in April that sounds fun.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Finally, some good news for the Roloff family.

"Little People, Big World" star Jeremy Roloff announced his engagement on Monday.

'Little People, Big World' Star Amy Roloff Hopes to Reconcile With Matt Roloff

"Hey everyone! Yes, it is true! This weekend I flew home to Oregon, and I had beautiful intentions. I asked Audrey [Botti] to marry me!!" he wrote on Facebook. "We have been SO overwhelmed by the response and are sincerely grateful and thankful for all your support and encouragement."

Roloff, whose parents announced last week that they had separated, first met Botti in 2010. He proposed on March 15.

'Little People, Big World' Star Slams Rumors That Her Split is for Ratings

"You're the one I want to team up with for life. Jeremy James Roloff, to say [I] love you is an understatement," Botti added on her Facebook page. "I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!"

FROM ABC.COM

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
That's great for Jeremy. He seems like a great guy. As for Amy and Matt splitting, I would have left him a long time ago, before he drove me completely crazy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
From his tweets, he seems totally in love with and in awe of her.. nice.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Is this the same girlfriend that was on the last couple of episodes? She seemed a little put off with the rest of the family other than Zach’s GF who interacted with the family more. And Amy seemed to have nothing but praise for her.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Matt can't take the mess in the big house. Amy is basically laid back about tidiness and Matt likes things orderly. I can't blame him for finally getting his own tidy place. Although I have to say it took him long enough.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. not that he is tidy in major ways.... I never noticed him cleaning, just edicting that others had to get rid of ztuff while not wanting to get rid of all his stuff in the house, barnfulls of all sorts of junk, BIG stuff, His stuff is just all over the farm and his projects tear up the entire house, or barn or other buildings or gardens or heck, even burning down a building.

Amy claims that she does clean but they never filmed her doing that, or she didn't do it when camneras were about. Whatever, she's clearly not a neatnik.

And he's not so "orderly" in terms of conserving money, it seemed.

So now that he has his own place, maybe he won't be tearing up hers..

Just thinking of that holiday where they had both sides of the family.. huge deal, first time for some of Amy's to be there, and at the last minute, Matt came in and ripped up the FLOOR.. it might be pretty hard to be tidy around Matt.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Let's face it the house has always been a mess and no way is it Matts crap laying around. The pots, pans, plates, glasses, clothes, shoes that are littered around that kitchen aren't Matt's. His has projects all around the farm, true...but they do not bleed into the house. Amy simply doesn't see the mess in her house either do the boys .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huh.. sounds like rigid division of labor then. I think I've seen him cooking in pots, eating from plates and drinking from cups or mugs or glasses.

Clearly he just litters the farm amd probably not the house. We actually have never seen their bedroom but I'll say given he hangs up his clothing.

Only one child is still there.

But.. when you renovate and renovate, you do tend to throw things in piles and boxes and I guess for several in the family they just never came out of boxes or piles.

Usually when Matt had a project, he would involve Amy or attempt to and at times she would go to see what he was up to. He was involving everyone in the Wedding business, and in the pumpkin patch efforts.. so they aren't similtaneously cleaning and tidying.

Deal breaker for Matt, it seems. The constant upheaval caused by Matt would be a deal breaker for me.

Clearly they didn't get to know each other very well before they got married and then for years she had the kida and he travelled for work..once he stopped travelling he had even more time to start projects and at the same time at some point after they started the show, Amy stopped working at the preschool. So they were in each others pockets much more than in the past and that hasn't worked super well.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Amy's house is pretty mess and cluttered. Junk laying around. If someone is really neat I could see how it would drive them crazy.

I always thought that house was big enough that they could do some remodel and each have their own living quarters and then have a shared space. I was surprised at how hurt Amy was. I thought she might be relieved to have him out of her hair, but she appeared very hurt. Seems that talking to a marriage counselor might help or a pastor at their church or someone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well in an earlier season there was talk of a housekeeper but then Matt decided that there should be a big sale of items, but of course he mostly targeted items stored in plastic cases that were Amy's AND as I recall he THEN blithely went out of town, leaving her stuck with a sale she hadn't even wanted. And he clung to items of his that were chosen for sale. It always seems to be complicated (and life is like that, of course). I haven't seen the update from last night, yet.

The house is certainly big enough.. I think their room is downstairs and we've never seen that.. not sure about other downstairs rooms. Matt would have a harder time than Amy climbing stairs on a regular basis.. I'd love to see a layout of the ground floor, just out of curiosity. Clearly there is a wing with their room and I'm sure they have a master bath. I don't know if Molly's room was down or up, again, we never saw that room. The twins had a large room upstairs that is now Jacob's and there must be Jacob's room upstairs too.

Laundry room downstairs, the big kitchen and living room area that we do see often.

Oh and Matt's office, but I think that is in a ground level wing or attached. Seems to have access from inside but also outside, or maybe we've seen a couple of offices.

Basement? Seemed like storage down there.

I've found that more room for me just leads to more clutter.

Wasn't counseling suggested to Matt by a buddy? I cannot see him taking to counseling, but not saying Amy would, either. They are both strongly individual in good and bad ways.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I was glad to see Matt's parents. I had been noticing they weren't on in a long time. It seems they must have moved further away.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Dec. 29th and Matt wants a BIG New Year's Eve party. See, that would drive me crazy. More clutter. More projects...I guess it's all for the show though.