TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Last Comic Standing

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Last Comic Standing users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 28, 2014Karuuna25 05-28-14  6:51 pm
Archive through July 11, 2014Strategist25 07-11-14  7:31 pm
Archive through July 25, 2014Uncle_ricky25 07-25-14  10:43 am
Archive through August 08, 2014Uncle_ricky25 08-08-14  11:07 pm
Archive through July 26, 2015Cablejockey25 07-26-15  8:00 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Huh. I loved the new host, thought his lines were hysterical and new.

NOt so much Norm, if he could just get the marbles out of his mouth. Is it his schtick to sound inebriated or was he?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Roseanne really looks vibrant and on point with the comics. She's blunt, but generous when its called for.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I don't care for the new host either, never heard of him and he is too much of a pretty boy. I liked Mr. Smooth a lot better. What is last years winner Rodman doing now? He is the best! Love Roseannes new look.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Rodman supposed to get a development deal with NBC? Has he done gigs anywhere? I haven't seen him in the New England area.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I wonder what happened. He is just doing Improv comedy gigs according to his website

Roseanne looks 10 yrs younger. I love Norm, love his droll dry sense of humor. He was my fav Weekend Updater

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, just heard how they say all the winners get a development deal with NBC, supposedly with their own shows? Has that ever even happened?

I do enjoy the show, though. Loved Josh Blue!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Last years winner hasn't done anything on TV (yet). Supposedly that's the Keenan connection (he is the producer if any tv show can be built around the winning comedian).
I like how serious Norm is about his job.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last year I loved Rod Man right from the invitationals, but this year I saw no one that grabbed me right away like he did.

I'm hoping someone catches my attention in the second round so I have someone to root for.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Tonight was the final ten. Two comics at a time went head to head so they ended up with five moving on to the finals next week.

I remember one year thinking it was so unfair that some comics had to do more sets then others and therefore had to come up with twice as much material. I'm assuming that's one of the reasons for the streamlining this season.

I would have loved to have seen more from Taylor T, the young woman who was in the first head-to-head tonight but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her somewhere. Her joke about going into Victoria's Secret was hysterical ~ and so true!

At first I was irritated with the head-to-head comp because sometimes I liked both of the comics in one set of two and thought another two were both week in another set. But then they're all talented or they never would have made it this far.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I loved last season, they had soo much good comedians. This season I rarely laughed at anyone's routine. Just my opinion but I haven't seen any real talent this season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I really didn't like the streamlining, because it sometimes put 2 people who should stay against each other.

This year went too fast, I think. We didn't have time to get attached to anyone.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Clayton English won. I'm not surprised. Andy reminds me of Lily Tomlin.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I'm disappointed its over so soon! It didnt feel as if the show was on that long. I do like the winner because he had a great 'everyman' sense of humour. Loved the judges too. They had good advice for the contestants.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I truly understand having to make the best living you possibly can, but I can't help but be disappointed that one of my favs from season before last, Joe Machi, is working for FOX cable news.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just read that LCS is on hiatus (NBC) for 2016. How disappointing, it's one of my favourite summer time viewing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We saw Rodman, the winner from a season or two ago, at Caroline's in NYC in March. He was funny but I was surprised that he used some of the same bits/jokes from the competition. I was disappointed at the use of the old material as he has had a few years to come up with all new stuff and the older material was widely seen. Overall still enjoyed his set.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I liked Rodman too but you are right he should have new material.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
http://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/10/06/comic-ralphie-may-dies-cardiac-arrest-45/161442/

2003 2nd place finisher Ralphie May passed away last night. He was only 45.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I Miss Rod Man so much that I went looking for him and youtube and played about 10 of his clips. I thought for sure by now he have a sitcom or something.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: