TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA: Archive through December 19, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think they're taking 'let's make up a story line' to a whole new level and I just find it sad.

Nene had no one to talk to but the stage manager.

Kenya's still carrying on about Apollo and now the "assault" by Porscha because she has no other story to tell.

Kandi is still letting her rude ungrateful mama control her.

Phaedra took a chance 5 years or so ago and now is paying the price as are her two boys.

I just found it sad.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I also find it sad. I am not really a fan of Phaedra, but she was lead to believe that her husband was being chased by Kenya, who by the way was always flirting with him and every other man. So why on Gods green earth does Phaedra owe Kenya an apology?

Kandi is going to end up being divorced if she doesn't step in and stop her mean mother for treating her husband the way she does.

I just can't watch Kenya. Did anyone catch her on Watch What Happens Live. She was so rude to the caller and said that she really didn't care what people thought of her. I think Sherri Shepherd really put her in her place regarding being nicer to fans.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Between the problems the Jersey girls are having and the problems with this show, perhaps the franchise has run its course.

Hire people for their ability to bring the drama, and it will eventually blow up in your face.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well put, Sarah!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Just watched and see that Mama Joyce is still evil mean and Kandi is an idiot regarding her. And what in holy hell is that witch going to do with 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms?

Also cannot stand Kenya's cackle, and by the way, she kept the Apollo tryst thing going herself.

Paisley

07-17-2005

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Paisley a private message Print Post    
Kenya is one of my favorite housewives. I like her sense of humor. Nene is fascinating because I can't believe she acts so arrogant. I mean Wow! Kandi and Todd are kinda boring. I've lost respect for Kandi because of the way she accepts her Moms behavior. She's lucky Todd is sticking around. I think he'll get tired of it and leave. I can't stand the sound of Mama Joyce's voice. I hate Mama Joyce! lol

I was really surprised at the way the women and men are supposed to know their places gender wise, (in the finale). I mean, Peter can't speak to the women or he has broken some sort of man code. He should have told his wife who then could decide if she would bring it up with Nene. I'm on Team Peter in that one.

I like Phaedra. She's wacky.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Mama Joyce is counting on the drama making Todd leave. I think she is very calculating. I think her biggest fear is Todd will start controlling Kandi's money, and thereby cutting her loose - because in that era men were controlling of the money and decisions...

I could be wrong, that's just my take when Mama Joyce goes off... its about the money with her

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think Todd could have found a better wife. Kandi is not ever on Todd's side when it comes to her mother. She always has an excuse for her.....and I HATE when she looks at Todd and says BUT she's my mother. I don't see this marriage lasting more than 2 years. Joyce will make Todd's life miserable that will be the beginning of the end for Todd.

Paisley

07-17-2005

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Paisley a private message Print Post    
I think you're right and MJ just cares about money and things related to her own comfort and happiness.

She has so much respect for her angry, rude mother but no respect at all for her loving husband. It seems like there is another code in play here. Peter broke the man code and now Kandi doesn't want to break the Mom code.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think Kandi is stuck in a "respect your elders" mindset. She hasn't figured out yet that sometimes you have to let the toxic people in your life go, even if they are your Mom.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Oh and I wanted to add that Reilly has a lot of Joyce in her. Kandi is doomed! LOL

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Riley is very spoiled. I liked Todds daughter so far, I thought she was much younger when I saw her in the wedding. Their parenting approaches are way different too. I can see Todd getting tired of the whole Mama Joyce thing real fast and that's exactly what Mama Joyce wants.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I thought Riley was rather rude to Todd's daughter when Kandi was discussing them spending time together. Or maybe it was shyness. I don't know. Heaven help them if she's like Mama.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I think Kandi is more like her mother than I thought and the more I see of her I really don't like her anymore. I hated how she kept rolling her eyes when Todds mother said that she was still upset about being called a prostitute and Kandi can't believe that she is still hanging on to that. Well I can. If Todd was smart her would get out now!!!!!

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I agree about Kandi. I can't see that marriage lasting very long. I think that as long as Mama Joyce is around, she's not going to have a successful relationship, and then maybe even not. She always seemed to be the most down to earth of them all, but the last couple of seasons, she's changed a lot. Todd puts up with a lot and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will do that forever. Plus, now that his Mom died without Joyce admitting how wrong she was, it will always be a problem with him and Kandi.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I had to LOL at Cynthia and her "event" to celebrate her beauty. Bizarre. As was that whole meeting with Porsha. It's like someone said above, they are scrabbling to find things to film. And what was Cynthia wearing?

Apollo talking to a lawyer on film was weird as well. I do hope Phaedra has protected her assets. she should kick him to the curb. How can you get past all the lying he has done, she could never trust this man again. And for him to say to the lawyer oh if she divorces me while I'm inside I might come out and start a life of crime again if I have nothing (his analogy of season ticket holder to McD's employee), as if it would be her fault!

They are all such a narcissistic lot.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I can't imagine why Kandi thinks it's okay for Mama Joyce to call Todd's mother a prostitute AND call his father a pimp. That's a little much to just pass over and forget. Kandi infuriates me when it comes to just overlooking what her mother does.

I haven't yet seen Cynthia's "event" but her meeting with Porsha a while back (is that the one referred to, when Porsha was an hour late?) If so, she looked ridiculous.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
When Todd's mother was getting so upset, all I could think of was TURN OFF THE CAMERAS! Instead, they kept it going and going. When I had heard earlier of her stroke that led to her death, I wondered how much of the entire Joyce situation had added to that. This footage proves how upset she still was by it. Just SAD

Kandi's reaction? Even more sad

Apollo showing on camera that he has no remorse for his actions nor does he take any responsibility for them? SAD

Porscha and Kenya with no story lines beyond lying or gossiping? Sad

The peaches are the like the oranges - the harvesting season is over and now the only use for them is to go in the compost bin. No amount of new juice is going to revive fruit that is rotting. Get out while you can, Andy!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
lol Kappy!

And yes Granjan that was the meeting. The event Cynthia had was the first ep I think where she had blow ups of her magazine spread all over the bar.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 4:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There is no getting out for Andy anytime soon. RHOA is not only the highest rated of all the HW shows, it is one of the highest rated Bravo shows. I can't grasp how it surpasses BH and OC in ratings, but it does - week in and week out.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I would say it's baffling Lexie and yet here I am still watching, LOL.

I find BH the one easiest to ignore and not turn on.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know, I gnash my teeth over these people and moan and complain about them, and then tune in the following week!

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
I have a few relatives that no matter what I say or do, they will never change. For my own sanity I don't even try anymore. I just love them.

I think this is where Kandi is with her mother. There really isn't anything she can do about what her mother says and does, but she chooses to love her anyway. Yes, sometimes love is a choice, not a feeling.

That Mama Joyce has said.....well I can't quote, but things to the effect of cutting her off, throwing her out, etc., perhaps Kandi has tried those actions in the past.

A house just down the street is taking it a bit to far. Mama Joyce wants to stir the pot to much. I keep my volatile relatives a bit farther away, but I would take them in in an instant if they were in need. Perhaps Kandi isn't at the keep a distance point yet. Given Mama Joyce's age and Todd's Mothers passing, Kandi may never put much distance between herself and Mama Joyce.

Kandi needs a different story line for Bravo to follow. I like Kandi, but we have heard about Kandi Coated Nights, and Bedroom Kandi. Show us more about the music industry Kandi. I would be interested in that, but I doubt it would be a big ratings hit.

I do think Mama Joyce would act up less...not stop, just less, if Bravo stopped filming her. Or maybe Mama Joyce is Kandi's storyline for now.

Mama Joyce is an extreme case, but I think we all need to think about what we want? Unconditional Love? Or Love that depends on our current actions? Do we lose someone's love when we make a mistake? Is that real Love?

I know that there are exceptions to the above. But relatives, your Moma? What would it take to make you turn your back on a parent? a child? This really is a hard choice for Kandi. At lease she isn't really defending her Mom, just saying 'That's my Moma.' Just accepting that that is who her Mom is is and this how she behaves and she loves her anyway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmam, interesting take on it Mummy. I personally don't want the toxicity that Mama Joyce would bring to my life so I would just set her up in a house and rarely see her.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I have toxic relatives. I ceased contact with them. I wish them no harm and I hope they have a great life but I have no plans on ever seeing or speaking to them again. However its not a parent...there has to be so much more involved in that.