TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 24, 2015 users admin

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree 100%. I really enjoy the peek inside their lives. Not the drama. Lisa and Eileen have brought the show back to basics. I am really enjoying them and I think they bring out the best in Lisa, Yolanda and Kyle.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching last night's episode, and I have a feeling we will not see Brandi invited back to the Foster home. I fully expected Yolanda to break Brandi's arm when she sat down in David's lap. Just soooooo inappropriate. And then to bring up the "finger banging" in mixed company. I loved when Lisa Rinna said, "If that's not white trash, I don't know what is!"

Lisa R. and Eileen are both hilarious. Loved the moment when Lisa was teasing Eileen about her Emmy, and Eileen laughingly called her a "b i t c h." Lisa came right back with, "Wacko!" But they were both laughing their butts off, so you know they weren't serious.

Brandi just seems so self-destructive this season. And what's with Kyle wanting to know how the Apology Lunch went? Everybody keeps saying how Lisa holds a grudge, but what nobody realizes is that Lisa and Ken were both HURT. It takes more than an apology to make up for being hurt that way. I don't think Lisa and Ken will ever have the relationship with Brandi they had. Nor should they. I would feel the same way! Life is too short to keep people in your life you can't trust.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Poor Kim and Kyle don't really have much to offer beyond the crying scenes over their children being an hour away at college (sigh). Maybe they and Brandi should try getting real jobs?

I'm sorry, but being a mom IS a "real job." There is no more important job than doing your best to raise decent human beings, and any woman who chooses to stay home with her children should not be demeaned for it. I'm sure Kyle is very proud and happy of Alexia as she's going off to college, but I understand how hard it must be for her. She's going to miss her being at home every day.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My comments were made about silly rich housewives on a scripted reality show.

Nowhere did I denigrate a fellow poster.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kyle is at her boutique most of the time when she isn't filming.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Kyle was beyond ridiculous over her daughter going to college an hour away. Holy poop-get a grip and life. I'm thinking it may have all been phony just acting on her part trying to get more airtime.

Raising your children is important but you actually don't get paid for it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It felt like a repeat to me, we have seen the "go to college" storylines and they weren't any better the second time around.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The way Kyle was going on, you would have thought her daughter was going away to prison.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
She was so clueless on how much money to give the girl for a month. Ya, Kyle keep telling us how down to earth and unspoiled you want your kids....lol. What amount did they finally decide on. I missed that part

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I think it was 1800.00 a month. And wouldn't ASU be more than an hour away from Beverly Hills?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Gotta love that she's starting college and no budget was ever discussed... ever? No learning curve on how to manage money...

but love that they figure $30 a day for food..and Kyle thought that was too low! oh geez. and then Kyle mentioned she'll need money for shopping, and books and that she thought 1800 was too low - so they didn't come out and say what the monthly budge was going to be...

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
It is University of Arizona and it is 1 hour by plane. The budget thing cracked me up . That is a crazy amount of money.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kellsma.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I used to spend about ten dollars a week on food!

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Wow, $1800 a month....that is quite a budget. My son is at KU and he gets $750 a month. He has to pay for everything except tuition/books. Which means his money goes for rent, food, gas etc. He plans a food budget of $50 per week, which he would say and I would agree is tough. The idea is that we are supporting him but he is a "starving college student" not living in luxury. LOL I can't imagine what he would spend $1800 a month on.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
When I was in college, I would survive on $5.00 a day for food, often less. (WINCO was my friend) A package of mac/cheese and frozen spinach would make 2 dinners for only $1.00 each. Of course, if you want to actually eat healthy (splurges like fresh fruit, and things like that), it would take a little more...but you gotta do what you gotta do!

$1800 a month and I would be living the good life!

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
$1800 a month is almost $22,000 a year - tax free. That's twice the poverty level for one person. I suspect Mom and Dad are paying her housing, car, insurance etc. on top of that, so yea, it's rather ridiculous.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
well, now you can't expect her to wear regular shoes, or have regular purses (<snark>) Or eat Ramen noodles!

Last night's episode with Kim and Kyle and Brandi, it hurts. In a way, I hope it could help someone understand addiction, but at the expense of Kim? IDK. and Kyle admitted on WWHL its not something their family talks about, or want to air - which again, is understandable... but still, her kids... its just so darned sad!

Brandi bringing in 3 BOTTLES of alcohol in the car with Kyle? what? Then when they were at the wine tasting - *I* was uncomfortable, Kyle getting up and going over to her sister "are you ok" WELL DUH - get out and go get another massage, or go shopping... don't sit there and drink and tell her to "smell it"

I truly got the impression that Brandi is lonely, and she would like a sister, so she grabbed Kim.... I mean, sometimes I wish I had a sister, so I can understand that aspect, in the end, I'm glad I don't have a sister ;)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Reader, I immediately thought of the ramen noodles and felt she would not be getting a true college experience without them.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Brandi is as nutty as they come. She has so many issues and now let's make her best friends with Kim, who has a ton of issues on her own. Yay!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I lived on Ramen noodles when I was a single working girl. I used to get them on sale at Safeway 20 packs for a dollar! Ate them every day for lunch. I still love them. Comfort food!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
What bothers me the most about Brandi is the fact that her drinking seems to have gotten so out of hand and she has children. If I were her ex I would see about getting custody untill she can get help. I am sure she loves her children, but they should not be exposed to tha.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Countrydaze. If I was their other parent, I would be totally upset with her bahavior on the show. Even if she doesn't allow them to watch, I would wonder if she's drinking like that when they're around. I used to like her, but I'm so done with her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
From what I have read and her tweets, she isn't drinking when her kids are around. I think she is a binge drinker when she is doing the show. My opinion is because she doesn't really like being on the show but likes the money so she just drinks.

I do wonder if she has been put in that role because when Kim got sober they lost their "resident drunk character" and needed someone to fill that "position" on the show.

But then I am amazed at how much all of the people on these shows drink, I think they drink instead of eating to stay thin, jmo.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Baby, I loved SAFEWAY! My roommates and I used to watch the mail like hawks for the coupon book. She who got to it first had dibs on the choice coupons.

Eileen and Lisa R are wonderful additions to the show. They keep it classy and interesting. I enjoy their segments on the show more than a lot of the others.