TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through March 17, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They are both my favourites too, although I did think there was something a little off with her when she came in at the end of last season, she just didn't have as much enthusiasm. Might have been an off day.

Looking forward to tonight!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Noooo it's the first of a two-parter, we have to wait for next week for the result!

I liked how they spent more time on the first challenge, although by the time they chose team members I had forgotten which design went with which person.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The purple haired woman is talented but she annoyed the heck out of my 17-year old. She said she was trying to be dramatic to get television time (LOL). I think Laura seems to initially have the strongest team. I liked how the coaches seemed to be very hand's off (although you know it must be killing them...LOL!) and letting their teams do the work and do the planning.

I question letting the young guy (I think on Rayce's team) who has only been doing makeup for 2 years do the sculpting on one of the major pieces. Wouldn't it have been better to have had someone who has more experience do it, at least for the first challenge?

Love, love, love this show! Loved the guest judge making a joking remark about Glenn...LOL!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Love this show hate that it was a 2-parter.Not sure that the mentor aspect was necessary.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I sometimes feel like I get to see very little of the process, which is the best part to me. Then I looked closer and 30 minutes of the show was spent on judging. That's too much.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree. Sometimes they go from half done, or some major "flaw," and then they present and it's perfect. But then I don't think the judging process it overly drawn out... I think they just need longer shows, especially in the early days when there are so many contestants.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Excellent point, Kitt! I really like this show and would like to see more!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I really like this show too. It seems so positive! I don't see backstabbing or insults or anything close. The contestants, the judges, everyone is nice!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I do not get the purpose of the team captains. Plus Glen congratulating Laura on the efforts of her team. . . At least she said it was all the. I just think they are unnecessary

The man who left started his sculpt over based on what Anthony said about it being too monster and in the judging Ve actually said he should have done something more monster with diamonds coming out and that was what he was doing!

I thought at least 2/3 of them looked so rough and not Burtonesque at all. I always look forward to this challenge and other than the winner none seemed in his style.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well Laura did advise them and help out, I wondered if she should be doing painting. since that is one of her strong points I can see how it helped out the crew. It is not as definitive and the guy that tells people to start over, but it will still influence the outcome.

The whole team concept it so make the show seem fresh - no real reason. I think it is unnecessary.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That young girl (Emily?) is truly gifted. Her Queen of Hearts was splendid. I am amazed that she is as accomplished as she is at her age.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Having the mentors appears to have been helping. We're seeing better end products most of the time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I still don't like the purple haired girl (Kelly) and I also don't care for the girl she was partnered up with even though they won this week. That girl Kelly gets way too much camera time - it is almost like she tries to think of things to say to get interview time. Besides, those double nose rings bug me - it reminds me of a young calf (Glenn Hetrick's make me feel the same way but the resemblance to one of those Egyptian hieroglyphic drawings of cattle is even stronger with him IMO). I did think their doll figure was cool but it reminded me a lot of the girl either last season or the season before who did the doll. The red hair was a good touch though.

Marej

09-19-2002

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of a cuckoo wasp.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That young girl Emily is seriously talented.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know, and she is really fabulous with the hair pieces she has done.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I liked the Beauty Pageant challenge! Who says movie creatures and special effects always have to be ugly and gory?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
dang I missed it. Will have to catch on -on demand.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved it too! I would have been hard put to decide which one was best. I thought Logan's was really cool as was Emily's and they weren't even in top looks! Having said that, I was glad the girl who won was in top looks

Something I have never understood...why is it the winner of the spotlight challenge doesn't get immunity, but the person who wins the little challenge at the beginning of the show does? It seems silly to me (and besides, I think the girl who won immunity this week would have definitely been in the bottom 3 and maybe would have gone home if she had not had immunity).

Not sorry to see Kelly gone. I think she was talented but she was so impressed with herself and she certainly loved giving those interviews.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was a little disappointed in that they judged beauty in human terms,I don't think everyone was expecting that. But I probably have seen too much science fiction movies in my life time so may not be being fair.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought the one with the green makeup was really cool too - I liked the way he ran the eye shadow up instead of the expected application.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really didn't feel like the nature superhero with the big hair deserved to be in bottom looks at all. I thought she was beautiful. So beautiful. And the history that she saved injured animals was touching.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked her too! I agree she wasn't very superhero-ish but it was a really nice make up. They seemed annoyed that she'd used the same make up before on something, but I didn't remember that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just checked the galleries at syfy.com, Emily has done big hair before, Episodes 8, 6 and 4, the big head in Episode 7, and spikey hair in Episode 5 and 3, so I guess they had a point!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
But as long as it was good, what's the difference?

They did the same thing to some guy a few seasons back that kept making big heads. I thought they were magnificent, but it ticked off the judges. I'm not sure why someone can't have a specialty and show how it fits each week's category. Know what I mean?