TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 22, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through April 22, 2015 users admin

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Don't intend to be mean, but Brooke's singing is no better, no different, than what I hear my granddaughters and their friends singing around the house. In fact, probably not as good.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
The fight between Kelly and Abby is this week...saw the promo last night.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Abbys mom died a couple days ago :-(

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
aw that's sad - Abby seems to have a lot on her plate, the show, the auditions, the dance studio, the court dates - and she was close to her mom...

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
Abby came across very " in the face". She definitely invaded Kelly's personal space. Kelly should not have touched her but to call the cops, have Kelly arrested for a scratch and hair pull? Puhleease ... I could not see any scratch on Abby . Personally, with all the psychological verbal abuse she sprews and the mothers tolerate, I think the kids are being damaged.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I don't agree with the physical altercation, but Kelly does have a case with Abby's mental abuse on not only the children, but with the parents. Please somebody put this women down.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yes, Abby does inflict mental abuse on the kids. But the Moms condone it by continuing to take their kids back to her. So Kelly doesn't really have a case about abuse.

Amchess

08-26-2002

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
I think the mom's are all backstabbers & rude. And it's all aimed at each other and Abby. Nia's mom has been the nicest, but her claws are coming out too!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
This show has truly gone to her head. She acts like a GOD. Don't understand why Kendall, Chloe and Nia are still there. If I were their mothers those three would be gone in a heartbeat. Let the five outcasts go to another studio and compete against her new batch. I wish even Melissa would take Maddie out Abby would have a real meltdown. Don't understand this show and I can't understand WHY of WHY I still watch it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i think they only stay because they are under contract with the show. I wish they would go to Candy apples

I feel so sorry for Chloe. Abby is abusive to her. Abby is going to make people turn on Maddie,,,no one likes a teachers pet

Kalani was Abby's pet on her other show.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Luckily the kids are smarter than the adults. They all seem to like each other and respect each others work.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going to Candy Apples. I think she is worse than Abby. She hires and fires people based on beating Abby. She gets rid of kids when they don't win.

It's Abby's business and her show. She can behave anyway she wants. The mothers always have the option of not taking part. Even with a contract, they wouldn't be much use to Abby or the show if they just sat there and didn't respond to anything.

I do wonder how much of this is scripted. Now we know that Duck Dynasty is a put on. They were all clean cut, articulate, ivy league types before the show. They grew the beards, accents and behaviors to fit the public's image of what the manufacturers of duck calls would be like.

Abby might be a whole different, but boring, person person if not for the show. I don't think so, but it's possible.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Interesting Article regarding Kelly's lawsuit against Abby Lee:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/dance-moms-star-abby-lee-680542

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just feel dirtier and dirtier watching this show. Abby has made me dislike Maddie and she made me dislike Kalani on her other show....I dont mind if she has a fav but dont be soooo shitty to the others. (Nia and Chloe)

Abby has gotten worse and worse. Only thing I figure is Christy is under contract and cant leave

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The article above explains a lot about the contract they are under.

I hate watching this show.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I quit watching this show. I watch enough shows with fighting (Housewives) and I don't need any more, especially that involve children. I detest the way the children are talked to by Abby.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Almost every adult on this show has major faults and the kids will probably inherit them. My kids were in sports and music lessons / recitals . Every organization they/ we were in for all those years taught gently and at the same time firmly...I would never have kept my child in a hostile environment as shown to us by lifetime through Abby's studio. It's tv and mostly contrived. There something to be said about a parent allowing their child to be taunted for the years that we've witnessed . There are no good adults in this situation. Unfortunately greed and fame makes even a parent blind and unprotective.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
According to posts in TWOP, Chloe is only on the show and does not appear with the other girls at non-televised competitions, she has another dance school although she no longer goes to a performance art school.
the law suit that Kelly is filing indicates she was threatened with being sued if she pulled her girls out of the show. I know the non-disclosure amount of Idols is 5 million. I think it could be lower on this show, but still more than her families net worth.

As usual, though producers are accused of making the drama by egging the mother and kids to say negative things. Holly seems not so easily manipulated.

Mysti

09-28-2005

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
I was able to watch this show because I was sure they were all acting and NOBODY really behaved this way - especially to and in front of the kids.

Sadly it appears as though they do behave that way.

I have taken the show off my DVR.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm with all of you. It's very hard to watch this show and listen to Abby verbally abusing the children and their mothers.

I would absolutely love to see Children's Services walk into that woman's dance studio, arrest her for child abuse and shut the studio down!

Now that would be Good TV!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The culpability of bad behavior is spread evenly amongst the adults. This is my second season watching so I don't know if it has gotten increasingly bad as the seasons went on.

Hiyall

07-06-2005

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hiyall a private message Print Post    
That was absolutely horrible of Candy apples lady (cathy?) to not let those kids perform their group dance. They had practiced and were ready, and because she didn't think she'd win she pulls the dance. By far the worst act I've seen, and there have been some bad ones, of breaking those kids hearts. I can't stand that woman!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
If you watch the umbrella number she starts dancing with a sparkle umbrella with fringe and they edit it with a cheap looking umbrella that malfunctions.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, this was a hard show to watch, I kept flipping to another program.
Seriously, anyone who would work with Aubrey O'day - she should never be near a child, that woman is such a "loose woman" and dresses with parts hanging out most of the time. I read up on her a few years ago when she was on Apprentice, I seemed to miss her recording time. right now, she is up to do anything for money. it is not like she has a regular job, I think she must work cheap, so they put her on this show.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
My only knowledge of the Aubrey woman was her stint on Apprentice.....she is not a good person. Holly having Aubrey be their "mentor" shows how desperate Holly is.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
but Aubrey got Nia awesome people for that shoot..even got her Fik-sun as a back up dancer! Nia looked great and I love that FINALLY she gets her day. Abby treats her like shit! she has replaced Choloe as Abby's most hated dancer. Abby is horrible