TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 12, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 21: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 12, 2015 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
lol - I was thinking the same thing, we do have this conversation every year!

Kim was on GMA - no surprise, it was a very short segment, she explained that she did have a mini stroke (what do you say about the people that think you faked it? - she says that's silly (not a direct quote - I thought she could have been stronger since that comparison to Brooks on OC Housewife show 'faking or not faking cancer)

she said that the blood clot caused the TIA because she was born with a hole in her heart and it allowed the clot to go in and cause the mini stroke... (again, not her words, how I remembered it)

she was very succinct in praising the producers and DWTS, she loves it, always wanted to do it - but it was the "lawyers" that wouldn't let her do it in Atlanta, she could dance, just not fly. but only said good things about DWTS.

Asked if she was going to do her I Dream of Jeanie dance on the finale, she said something about not knowing, we have to tune in and she would do what ever they wanted her to do...

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh........poor Alek, first his college is attacked and now his best friend Spencer has been stabbed and is in the hospital. Spencer is said to be in stable condition. The news didn't really have any details about the stabbing. Hope they catch who did it!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/08/spencer-stone-french-train-hero-in-reportedly-in-stable-condition-after/

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Okay, here's Mak's and Tony's lists of partners and their finishing places:
Maks:
Tia Carrere…6th
Willa Ford…7th
Laila Ali…3rd
Mel B…2nd
Misty May-Treanor…10th (left injured)
Denise Richards…12th
Debi Mazar…12th
Erin Andrews…3rd
Brandy…4th
Kirstie Alley…2nd
Hope Solo…4th
Melissa Gilbert…5th
Kirstie Alley…7th

Tony:
Stacy Keibler…3rd
Sara Evans…6th
Leeza Gibbons…9th
Jane Seymour…6th
Marissa Jaret Winokur…4th
Susan Lucci…6th
Melissa Rycroft…3rd
Kathy Ireland…14th
Kate Gosselin…8th
Audrina Patridge…7th
Wendy Williams…10th
Chynna Phillips…9th
Martina Navratilova…12th
Melissa Rycroft…1st
Wynonna Judd…11th
Leah Remini…5th
NeNe Leakes…7th
Betsey Johnson…10th
Suzanne Somers…9th
Kim Zolciak Biermann…11th

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that leaves Maks with an average 5.5 place finish and Tony with an average 7.55 finish (if I did the numbers correctly). Not sure what the point is...LOL!

Perhaps it is people who clamor to have Derek as a partner. Perhaps a condition of getting a true 'star" is that they have request Derek as a partner. Perhaps it is part of Derek's contract that he only gets good partners. We really don't know. We do know that Derek hasn't had to drag a Betsy Johnson or Kate Gosselin around the floor, even though we all suspect that he could have brought them to a decent finish, if not a win.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think in team dances if Derek is on the team, that team is more likely to win.. and some of those teams include the stars with less to offer.

Choreography, hard work.. factor in

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We do indeed have this conversation every year! I did the comparison with Derek's partners and Maks' one year, and Maks had at least as good partners in terms of what you'd think at the beginning, it's just he was such a rough coach and Derek is exceptional at bringing the best out of people, so Maks squandered the chances with his potential winning partners.

This week: Bindi and Derek's dance and story made me cry so much. I so hope she wins.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd say that a lot of the other pro's partners are people who could have had the potential to do well or better given Derek's guidance. The fact is that Derek is extremely good at helping his partners reach their highest potential. He is a great teacher and a brilliant choreographer.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Then they should let Derek show what he could do with a Paula Dean or Betsy Johnson or Cloris Leachman or.....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And put the potential best with Keo so he can ruin their chances and the show can go to the less interesting?

There has to be a balance, for sure.

I think Derek got the message sooner than some of the pros to try harder to follow the rules. Maks finally calmed down and he did win.

I don't really want to see "Dancing with the Mediocre" just to spite a really talented choreographer. And Derek isn't the only one with talent who has danced with good stars anyway.

They had no real way to know Bindi would be a good dancer, just as there have been some stars one would have thought would be quite good.. athletes or bubbly actors who just froze like deers in headlights.

If anyone was handed a ringer this season it was Val.. Tamar has experience and talent.. but I bet they never thought she'd be such a diva. Derek might have been better for her because he seems more like the boy next door so she might not have been so prickly about touching and closeness.

Very difficult to predict.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, my statistics are incorrect because Maks' win with Meryl isn't shown above!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Sorry if I missed one, that just makes Maks percentage better and the argument even more moot.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy, ty for the comparisons. Its amazing how many of those people I had forgotten!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess Kim Z wasn't faking it...

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2015/10/09/Dancing-With-the-Stars-Kim-Zolciak-to-undergo-heart-surgery/4451444389345/

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Interesting.....this news came out Thursday and she was on GMA Thursday morning and never mentioned anything about this upcoming surgery. All I heard was complaining that "others" were given a second chance, but the lawyers are saying no to her.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
PUBLICITY

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
it always interest me in talking about different shows, seeing the same thing, and having different takes. I'm not a Kim Z person, especially her early years on Atlanta HW, but I saw the GMA, I thought I heard that she had a hole in her heart, that she was born with, that her TIA/stroke was what landed her in the hospital, she had a heart procedure - that procedure is what I assumed discovered her hole in the heart - and innocently, I did think she would probably need surgery

I never thought she was faking it for publicity - but - she does tend to love that limelight now doesn't she!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well of course she didn't put a hole in her heart or create the blood clot but clearly she is all about publicity of any kind.

I think if I had thrown a blood clot and was coming back from a mini stroke, I'd be afraid/relieved/grateful but I don't think I'd be posing for a selfie and sending it out.

And she's sucking up all the publicity for DWTS as well.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Like I said -- PUBLICITY.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Photo of Alek and Spencer taken yesterday at the hospital.

ABC NEWS

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Reader, I misunderstood the interview and what was said. I heard her say she had a procedure done, but this article talks about her having what I thought was upcoming surgery. Is this the surgery that she is calling a procedure that she already had done. I never thought it was done or said for publicity. To me anything done on or for the heart is scary.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I would think the reality of having a bad heart would scare the diva right out of anybody.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgrandma, love the picture. Thank you. It's got to be hard for Aler to really get into DWTS when all of this is happening to his hometown and friends. I'm glad to see Spencer is going to be ok.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thinking they will have Spencer in the audience pretty soon. I'l love to see that. But that boy is going to have to stop saving people. He has been stabbed enough for one lifetime.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think it was a very good week for Alek. 8 7 7 7 He and Emma really . . . . And not just in the Rumba dance. There is an attraction between the two of them.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Everyone seems to be doing better in the switch