TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top Chef - California

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef - California users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 11, 2015Chitchat5825 12-11-15  7:04 pm
Archive through January 14, 2016Jag200025 01-14-16  10:13 pm
Archive through February 11, 2016Kappy25 02-11-16  10:44 pm
Archive through February 26, 2016Florin25 02-26-16  8:11 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the episode yet... but why buy frozen waffles when they're pretty easy to make?!?!?!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Kwame said he didn't have a waffle recipe in his back pocket. Aren't they allowed to look up recipes? I mean general ones, not specific to a dish. Or is this like project runway when they sent someone home because he had a fashion book on him

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah... as soon as he bought those frozen waffles, he was toast (no pun intended).

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yikes I fell asleep while watching. And forgot to even find out who went home. Didn't know the outcome but I figured it was the frozen waffle that was axed.

That was pretty much a foolish choice on his part. Waffle mix is not that different than a pancake mix, at all. He could have spiced up the waffle batter with cayenne pepper or what ever spice he wanted.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, I'm glad I wasn't the only one horrified about the lobsters. I'm surprised they showed that on tv.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the lobsters :-(

And I also knew.. well actually my newspaper, which is fixated on Amar because he is local, spoiled the show and I saw it before I realized, so I knew Kwame was gone but when I saw the frozen waffles.. well..

For one, he should have just made them, but he also should have known that no matter HOW GOOD the frozen waffles tasted and even IF they tasted better than home made.. those judges were not going to forgive him for those frozen waffles..

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 29, 2016 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Frozen waffles , how silly of him. A sad, dumb reason to get eliminated, I hope he does well on LCK.

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Worst case he could have bought a box of bisquick when he was in the store shopping or even glanced at the back of the box and see the directions to get an idea about waffles.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler:
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Jeremy won the Quick Fire. Carl and Amar had the worse and had to cook for a sudden death and whoever lost goes home.
Amar lost and he was eliminated. 4 chefs left.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler:
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Jeremy won the EC. Carl was eliminated. Carl, Amar and Jason competed in LCK. Jason lost. Carl and Amar will move on to compete in the LCK? Don't know how it will work. Part 1 of the finale is next week.
Tonight was a 1 hour..15 min. show. It was great tonight!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I hate seeing anyone go home. I have found this year's chefs very likable.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Marjorie used the phrase "shut up" at least twice on the last episode. So rude.....

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Monday, March 07, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I agree, Sunny. I personally want to see both Amar and Carl come back from LCK.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, March 07, 2016 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I was bummed Amar wasn't there to participate in the last Elimination Challenge. I think he would have really appreciated the experience. I'm not saying the other's didn't appreciate the experience. I'm sure all the chef's were thrilled to participate, but with Amar's French background I think it would have made his experience even more awe-inspiring to him.

I like it when chefs of a specific background get to have experiences that pertain to their background or style of cooking.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Amar and Jeremy are in the finale next week. I like both of them so I'm fine with who ever wins.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
SO happy for Amar and that he fought his way back in and then into final two! He is local, with his restaurants in two cities here in OC. (Not that I've been to one, but maybe I will..)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it is now time for you to go and then report back to us!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if I could afford it?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Glad Amar is back, but sad to see Isaac go. He was my favorite.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I loved Isaac - I've been voting for him to win FF. We're going to his restaurant in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The James Beard Award Nominations came out today. Isaac was nominated for the category "Best Chef South." Of some note, Justin Devilier, who was on TC-New Orleans, was also nominated for Best Chef.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Winner:
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Jeremy!!!!

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Have the revealed who won fan favorite? Are they going to have a reunion show if they haven't yet? It's been a while since I've watched a season of top chef so I don't remember.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, Andy revealed it on WWHL...
Issac! I was very happy.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought they reveal that on watch what happens live after the show.

I shouldn't leave a reply in the queue while answering the phone and forgetting what I was doing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I'm bummed but not surprised.

NOW I can read my newspaper.. they had a big tease over the headline on the front page, and just said it was emotional.

They had a big article about Amar yesterday I think, how he came to the US and went to a culinary high school, not even knowing what culinary meant but it was in a better neighborhood and he was considered at risk but there he learned what he loved. He won a full ride to CIA and later won some time at Cordon Bleu.

Then they talked on the show about him dishwashing in hopes of being hired and he was and the falling out later with the chef who was there for him last night.. but now he has two said to be amazing restaurants here in OC.

Not a bad season..

Which one was Isaac?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The chef from New Orleans... He was eliminated with Marjorie at the final 3 and 4 spots... His confessionals were usually animated. He and Amar were my favs all season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, ok.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
So glad to know that Issac won fan favorite !

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: