TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Born This Way

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Born This Way users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 27, 2017Legalboxer25 06-27-17  4:23 am
Archive through July 21, 2017Seamonkey25 07-21-17  6:54 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Kris was a special ed teacher with a degree for some kind of psychology...no shock there. :-)

Google them and you can find photos of a younger Megan

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love this show and the cast, especially the parents. I know they were selected because they were wonderful and they can set a example for other parents facing the same challenges.

So glad to hear they won an Emmy and looking forward to another season.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I heard about this show and finally had a chance to catch up. Just a delightful, educational, and endearing series. I really love all the parents also. I do hope this show is back for Season 4. My particular favorite is Rachel. So many good things to say about this show, just impossible to list them all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rachel and her parents live here in Fountain Valley. I haven't run into them, but her mom does look familiar.

I love this show. The Down community here is pretty happy with it, though I suspect there are other cases of jealousy beyond the one shown last season.

I actually told Dr Ira Lott, who is very involved and has a practice of you people with Down syndrome, about the show and the next time I heard him speak, he had viewed it and told me it was wonderful. He probably knows some of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Returns August 15!!!!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the Heads Up Sea. This show makes my heart smile.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too! They showed a clip of Rachel getting her own apartment. I wonder if she stayed in Fountain Valley where her parents live (and where I live).

I did talk to a parent of a daughter with Down Syndrome and he does think the show is good but they fear it gives people the impression that all with Down are as high functioning as these young people.

Another woman I met said her daughter was on one episode in season 1 and got to speak. Very exciting for her.

I love the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching reruns from last season.

When Rachel and her mom went to a salon, it was a mile from me, in the same center where I get my pulled pork sliders.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Enjoying the new season very much!

Elena has a boyfriend!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I luv watching them grow and mature. Especially Elena who has evolved the most IMHO. She was so completely unstrung in the early eps. I think her mother has also improved and js more affectionate and accepting. Probably from watching the eps and realizing how cold and harsh she was originally.

Rachel's hair is much improved over that dorky flip. But she'd look better with it shorter at collarbone length. She's the sweetest of the bunch.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Rachel is mature.......not so sure about Megan as a roommate.
I am not a parent and no experience with developmentally handicapped adults. On move in day I would have passed on a laminated check list with reminders for locking the door, lights out and closing the drapes,etc at night.

Cristina........not sure about this marriage.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they have coaches. Steven and Sean had one, Elena had one for learning her job.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
The wedding was really beautiful and put together. The wedding planners seem to have experience working with disabled adults. They were very caring and sensitive to Elena and keeping everyone on track.
I wish we could have seen more interaction with the siblings this season. It was really lovely to see Cristina and her brothers making the calendar for Angel. I truly love the bond the families have.
Looking forward to next season and continue to respect and admire the patience, love, and advocacy that continues to expand for the Down's community.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was crying like a baby!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Angel’s confidence is refreshing he has a little swag.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too Mamie. I bawled through the whole thing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finally got to watch the wedding.

So sweet. I cried good tears. So much loved all round. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Rachel and Megan's place is here in Fountain Valley.

That was FV officers who came to their home!

Rachel is going to be a good influence on Megan.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Just saw a commercial for Special Olympics and was happy to see John from "Born This Way" as part of the ad. So nice to see him continuing to pursue his career in entertainment.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I read that there was supposed to be an hour series wrap up of Born This Way this month. Did I miss it? I think there were also supposed to be a few web episodes but I prefer TV to web watching.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just saw that it was recorded tonight. I will watch it later.
I enjoyed this show and will miss it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks. This show must have been lost when I had to change DVRs.

I see the A Very Born This Way Christmas episode on demand and no way to record.. So I have until the 21st to watch.. So I am watching now at 3:22 am.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wish I could record it...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow. Sean's parents offering to take in a 28 year old young woman with Down syndrome whose mother has terminal pancreatic cancer. That is real love.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rachel lives in the same city where I live.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched again today.. So good.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: