TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
FoodNetwork Star 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: FoodNetwork Star 2016 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 14, 2016Sadiesmom25 06-14-16  1:33 pm
Archive through June 22, 2016Roxip25 06-22-16  9:27 am
Archive through July 18, 2016Cass_cat25 07-18-16  8:57 am
Archive through August 02, 2016Auntiemike25 08-02-16  1:28 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Maybe the reason Tregaye was paired with others on a show is to give her a chance of continuing to grow and develop herself without the pressure of carrying an entire show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
No Daminano didn't win, Andy did. He was top 3 though.

I confess I thought Tregaye was saying Flick all season. Then I saw it written and thought what the hell is Fleek? Thank you Google.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
lol Jasper. Sad thing, fleek is no longer the hip-cool thing to say... so she already needs to change/update her shtick.

Honestly either of the others would have been better... My personal preference being Domiano... he's a straightforward chef/baker - no gimimick. To me he, he would have more lasting appeal.

But that's just me I guess.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat, I agree with you. I would have prefered Genard or Damiano (with a preference for my paisan Damiano). Will Tregay be a good co-host for the show she's going to be on or will she freeze up or will she try to hog air time? Inquiring minds want to know. We shall see.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't watch any of the f3 shows. None of them seemed very authentic to me.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I deleted the F3 shows and saved myself several hours I can spend watching something else on my DVR list. Thanks everyone for the input. Not sure why I even watch this show if FN doesn't even follow through and give the winner a show of their own show.

Has anyone seen/heard anything about Tregaye getting a show on FN or even the Cooking Channel?

Last year's winner recently co-hosted the Kid's BBQ Challenge earlier this summer... other than that I haven't seen him on anything.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, August 05, 2016 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
He, I think his name is Eddie, had a show, but it wasn't a cooking show. It was a traveling show where he found the best bbq around the country. I didn't watch it, but I remember seeing a commercial for it. It must not have been renewed.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
At the end of the show, they announced right before the end credits the Tregaye will co-host a show (don't remember the other host)but I can't recall the name of the show. I think it's on the lines of The Kitchen that's on now but I could be wrong.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Of all the winners of FNS, who has become the most famous? Is it Guy or someone else?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Arti isn't doing too badly. How about Jeff, on The Kitchen? I'm sure there are others that have fit nicely into their niche.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Melissa D'Arabian makes frequent appearances too, on FN and other stations as a guest.

Guy is the most famous though. Hands down.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's a slide show with all the winners, and what they are doing:

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/slideshow/6055/food-network-star-where-are-they-now/are-they-still-food-network-stars

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I would say Jeff has been most successful, I know guy has a bunch of shows but I won't watch anything with him on it, didn't even watch the FNS when he was on it, once I saw him in action.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sounds like the majority of them have done pretty well.

Saw him in action, Dipo???

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just being who he is on the show.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
What you see is what you get. ;)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Oh, you mean you don't like his personality on his show?? Thought you had met his somehow

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, LOL...he does live close to me but I find his arrogance off-putting.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Guy certainly seems to have the most visibility and has turned his fame into a franchise that encompasses more than just television - shoot, my favorite place to eat on a Carnival cruise is at his restaurant bar by the pool.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Absolutely won't watch Guy's DD&D show. Do people actually watch him, standing there, while someone cooks? He's just too brash.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
One of the women I work with did a road trip to Graceland, and from New Orleans to Tennessee, they ate in only restaurants featured on DD&D - she said the food was amazing! She also said they put on about 10 lbs. in one week.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
For me... Guy, for obvious reasons (Triple D, Guys Grocery Games, aka Triple G)... Jeff... his Sandwich show and The Kitchen, and Arti... her show plus you see her as a judge on a LOT of things.

I will watch Triple D he's going somewhere I go to frequently. If it looks good I add it to my list of places to try. And yeah, I watch him watch people cook. Although I agree he is too loud.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I love Triple D!! Lexi, that sounds like a fun road trip!!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, she said the food was yummy. Great home cooking roundtrip!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: