TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Lisa V doesn't understand enabling at all.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lisa V doesn't understand anything about addiction. But I don't see Kyle as an enabler. I think Eden is way off base judging people she hardly knows, and I was really glad to see LVP call her out on it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
When I watched this last one, I thought to myself, it is really amazing how "important" these women think they are.

Kyle was a huge enabler, not sure if she is now because she doesn't talk about it, just acts like everything is ok.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kyle was never the enabler, it was always sister Kathy.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Kyle was never an enabler that I saw.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We watched different shows, Kyle and her husband paid all her bills and supported her for a long time while she was drinking....I call that enabling.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You are correct that Kyle and Mauricio supported Kim (which is mind-boggling considering she used to receive $23,000 a month in alimony for 20 years, but they say she pissed through that $23,000 a month like it was water). But they used to ride her about her drinking whereas Kathy didn't.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, January 30, 2017 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Is it really enabling? I see it as sometimes you do things to protect the kids. I have siblings who are addicts. I send food deliveries to their houses with things the kids will eat. Am I an enabler? I would say that I am certainly not an enabler. Paying for her house and other things to make sure the kids are cared for is not necessarily enabling the addict. I have paid rent for a couple of them several times, always sending the check to the landlord, don't see that as enabling either.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Jen. I don't think Kyle was the enabler. That title goes to Kathy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just realized, I haven't seen much of Ken. Has he been absent or did I just miss it?

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
coming from a long line of drug and alcohol abusers, paying someone's rent, car payments, buying groceries etc to protect the children is Enabling. You are protecting someone from the choices they are making.

The best thing in that situation to do is to call social services, have the children removed from the home and if possible have them placed with you or another family member until such a time as that person hits rock bottom, wakes up and gets the help they need.. or they dont.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Ken was at the Gatsby party.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I must have missed him.

That's what I think too, Terolyn.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
That Rinna is a piece of work. She spreads lies and then lies about it so easy. I sure hope they show the clip about her saying that Kim is close to dying on the reunion show. She got so mad being accused of saying those awful things about Kim and she did it all. I wouldn't miss her a bit if she didn't come back next season.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Funny how Eileen says that LVP took a side without all the information, but didn't Eileen do the same by taking Lisa R's side? I just can't stand Eileen she is such a hypocrite.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Eileen and Rinna are two of the most wretched human beings ever. In Eileen's blog, she acknowledges that Rinna shouldn't have said what she said, but Eileen is actually blaming Kim Richards and Eden for this mess!!!

Andy just needs to fire Eileen, Rinna and Erika (but I doubt he will fire Erika - Andy loves her even if the audience hates her)

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I love Erika!! I think I count as part of the audience lol & surely I'm not alone.

Eden shouldn't have jumped into the mess without at least assessing it first, but I guess there is no air time for that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm on the fence about Erika. Every time I decide she's a nasty, skanky ho, she goes and does something kind and level-headed about checking on Rinna to make sure she's okay, while at the same time not taking a "side." I loved how she told Rinna she needed to stick to the facts and tell the truth. I'm sure Rinna's seen herself lying on TV by now. She already knows the truth. We don't need to wait for the reunion.

Does Rinna have some kind of dementia or memory issue? She never seems to remember the truth about things. And how funny was LVP squealing, "Own it! Own it!"

Seeing Erika on WWHL last night makes me think there's a lot more drama coming down the road. Can't wait to see what's going to happen.

I really like Dorit. She seems kind and is trying to stay out of the gossip. I loved how much she missed her children. They are adorable, and I've always felt the same when I was away from my son. I don't care about her accent. She's lived all over the world and her husband is very British, so she can talk however she wants.

And how gorgeous was Mexico?! We just came back from a Mexican cruise a few weeks ago. The weather, the people, the food (the prices!!!), all are wonderful. I'm going back again next year.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I like both Dorit and PK. They are a great addition to the cast.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
She'said ok, but the accent drives me crazy. She must spend her life trying to perfect it. I just can't believe that it's not fake

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
We'll just have to wait until she gets really, really angry at somebody and starts screaming at them to see what her real accent is.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I just can't believe that it's not fake
It is common for some individuals to pickup the speech patterns and inflections of those around them. I think that is what happens with her, it is unconscious. I know someone that is very susceptible to that and he actually started stuttering on weekend we spent with a stutterer. We were horrified he was mocking but he wasn't, he was horrified himself!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Saoirse Ronan (Brooklyn) is an actress who was born in America, but grew up in Ireland. She totally has an Irish accent. Your accent comes from the people you live with and where you live, not where you were born. Dorit may have been born in America, but she didn't grow up here. I don't believe her accent is "fake" at all.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I think after a certain age, it's difficult to acquire a new accent, in my experience anyway. I moved to Canada from Europe as a teenager(13) and I don't have an accent, whereas my parents who were in their late 30's have a very heavy accent
I didn't realize though that she didn't grow up in America. If so, then I could see her having an accent. But I still think her accent sounds phoney

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
As much as I'm not a fan of Dorit, the accent thing is much ado about nothing. Even living in various regions of the U.S., you tend to pick up on the words, etc. Living in Virginia for awhile, I hadn't even noticed I'd picked up everything from using the word "soda" instead of "pop" and saying "y'all" until after I moved back home to Washington.