TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Project Runway All-Stars

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Project Runway All-Stars users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 31, 2011Seamonkey25 05-31-11  3:53 pm
Archive through December 26, 2011Marej25 12-26-11  11:07 am
Archive through January 07, 2012Pam2uall25 01-07-12  10:12 am
Archive through January 19, 2012Kappy25 01-19-12  7:55 pm
Archive through January 29, 2012Kappy25 01-29-12  11:56 am
Archive through February 23, 2012Carlpsmom25 02-23-12  8:02 pm
Archive through February 25, 2012Hummingbird25 02-25-12  1:44 pm
Archive through March 09, 2012Costacat25 03-09-12  6:53 am
Archive through March 16, 2012Pamy25 03-16-12  5:04 pm
Archive through March 23, 2012Costacat25 03-23-12  1:36 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I thought Austin's wedding gown was gorgeous!

I thought Michael's line was wonderful. When his models were lined up side by side during the question session (with Michael in the middle), I just thought, "Wow, what a beautiful line!" I thought for sure Michael was going to win. I was shocked he took 3rd place.

That being said, I was really happy for the Mondo win. I thought he made a great collection. And, when they did the comparison between this collection and the one he made in his prior season, I thought it clearly revealed that he has improved by leaps and bounds as a designer.

Speaking of the past collection vs present collection, I am wondering if the reason they aired this comparison was because TPTB could also see the difference. The judges received big negatives for not selecting Mondo as the winner during his season. Might this not have been a subtle way of convincing the previously unhappy viewers that the judges knew what they were doing the first time around?

And speaking to editing/production, is it at all possible that they intentionally showed Mondo's most unattractive momemts? Obviously, they can't put words in his mouth or take away words he has said, but they can certainly skew what is being shown. People were so angry with Nina and company over Mondo's prior season. It makes sense to me that production could want to redeem the judges. One of the best ways to do that is to show Mondo as a less sympathetic character.

And speaking of Nina, she was the most vocal about not wanting Mondo to take the win during the season she judged. In fact, there were a number of times during that season that I thought she behaved as if she disliked him personally.

Now, the two of them are going to being working together. Is that karma? And, if so, for which one?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finally recorded the late showing.. and watched it today. While I liked Mondo's collection, I have hated his petulance and snarkiness all season so I hate to see him so rewarded. I wanted Austin to win.

I also loved on the after show when they were asked for least favorite garment.. Austin was humble and chose his own (from the flag competition) while everyone else chose to diss another designer. (not that those weren't diss worthy outfits).

Loved Austin's wedding dress!! And that one dress everyone liked.. that Kenley wanted to have..

Have to remember Mondo dissing Austin for all the time he spends on his hair but that do Mondo was sporting had to take time too (unless it is a wig).

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish they would have asked about Austin's mom. I so wanted him to win for her

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too, and now he has to pay taxes on a very short trip to Paris..

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I've been saying for quite some time that PR is not the same since they left Bravo. I've even missed seasons or a good amount of shows that I dont really know the cast that well since then. Go back to Bravo!! It's much more convenient! :-)

I also loved Austin's wedding dress. It was awesome!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I also loved Austin's wedding dress. It was awesome!

Since he is a wedding dress designer it better have been good!

I missed Mondo's season so what was the deal with him? The audience thought he should have won, but he didn't?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, everyone really thought Mondo should've won his season and there was a huge uproar when he didn't. He'd done pretty well up to the finale, and the woman who won was really a unlikeable person (Gretchen, whom I've been trying to forget).

I read in an interview that Mondo doesn't think his winning the AS edition has anything to do with the fact he lost previously. He seems to think no one remembers that, but those of us who watched that season sort of do think he was given this win.

I think Mondo needs to take a real close look at himself. One of the reasons we were so upset that he didn't win Season 8 was because the winner was a real piece of work. Mondo came very close to being that same way, especially the last month or so.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I feel Grechen's designs were very inferior to Mondo's, his season. I think alot of us watching didn't like Gretchen both personally and design-wise.

Mondo made it hard to like him this season, that's for sure. I really did not think he deserved the win, but since I read the spoilers, I knew it was coming. I didn't think his designs were bad, far from it. I just didn't think he was as great on allstars. I did like the theme for his line.

When someone said his pockets looked "cartoony", I agree. It made me think about how he dresses with shorts and suspenders and like this little pinnochio puppet. Cartoony. :-)

Jandy

07-08-2005

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jandy a private message Print Post    
didn't Austin work for one of the major gown designers? what happened to that collaboration?

I watched 24 Hour Catwalk the other day and one of the models seemed to be wearing one of the final collection from Michael Costello. it was the jumpsuit in lighter brown and white.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
a

http://www.realitytea.com/2012/03/23/project-runway-all-stars-recap-polka-dots-for-the-win/

You can see the rest (or some of the rest?) here.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was odd that they didn't have the designer come out with the models for the last group walk..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I thought that was really odd as well. I also thought the Austin was going to win and was dissapointed with the Mondo win.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I thought so as well about the designers coming out and I guess that is unique to Fashion week at leat on Project Runway.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Michael had a great collection but a problem with construction for this last challenge. Did NOT like most of Austin's line. Except the wedding gown. Most of Michael's I could see women wearing. Most of Austin's aren't for public (more just runway stuff). Mondo's were sort of in the middle for me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jandy, Austin used to work for ____________ Cole. For the life of me, I can't remember his first name.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the regular Project Runway they designers DO walk the runway at the end with the models.. maybe they were sparing us Mondo doing the walk with his gas-pain grimace.

(Wow, his behavior on this season has really turned me on him as a person and I was a big fan previously)

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the Michael and Austin realized they were set up. It was obvious when they were rewarding even Mondo's lackluster projects. Austin and Michael seem to have a lot more class than he did. JMHO

PS Was it Kenneth Cole?

Allietex

08-16-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
To me Gretchen's designs belonged in the bargin basement at the Thrift Store. Maybe that is harsh, but there were very few of her designs that I liked. They really did look like something someone with not much taste picked up at a thrift store.

And she was the epitome of the mean girl.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Austin worked for Kenneth Cole. He and his wedding dresses were featured on an episode of TLCs "Say Yes To The Dress" a few years ago.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So did Gretchen ever do anything at all after winning PR? I remember thinking I couldn't believe that she won.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I finally saw the finale and I have to agree with the results. I think Mondo edged out Austin. I think Michael makes beautiful, wearable clothes, but I think he does not have as much creativity as Austin and Mondo.

I also think it was Michael's prints I responded to more than his designs. I loved the prints he chose.

All three of them are very talented. I wish them all well.

There is one shirt Mondo made that I am absolutely want to own!

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I loved Austin's wedding gown. It made me want to get married just so I could wear it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Bombaycat and Carlpsmom! I knew the designer's last name was Cole and I couldn't remember his first name. I kept thinking it was something like Frederick Cole, but I knew that wasn't right.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Love Austin's wedding dress!!!!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I just watched the finale last night and I loved everything Mondo did. I would wear any of those ensembles except perhaps the last look.

I didn't like either of the other two. I didn't like Mr Scarlett's palate and the way he used volume on the "red carpet dress," the strange jodhpurs-looking pants, and the starched lace was unattractive IMO. His bridal gown was lovely, though.

Mr Costello's collection was awful IMO. The two fitted dresses he did were well-made, but the fabrics looked tacky and the designs beyond boring.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Hahaha, while I loved Mondos' collection, I liked Michael's prints! #tackyrules

My favorite look of the night was Mondo's first ensemble, but this is the shirt I really want to own -

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-1/rate-the-runway/episode-12#id=15

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Tisha, you know you can actually bid on these items at Lifetime's site?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a great shirt!

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Isn't it, Seamonkey? Too bad I am not 5'10" and 120 pounds! :P

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL! Heck I'd just settle for 120 pounds and stay short!

Catfat

02-27-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Can anyone tell me when the new season starts?
Thanks

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
TBA. Might not be until next year.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Oh darn it!!!
Thanks, rslover

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: