TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through October 05, 2011 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Loved the show. Love the Roloffs. I felt so much joy and sadness too. Lots of tears. Lots of smiles.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Is there a next ep? I thought this was just a special.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I think it was just a special update. I didn't see any previews for the next episode, so that's probably it for a while.

I'm not dissing people who make breakfast for their children. I'm saying that the sons are far too old to be coddled by waking them up when they should be responsible enough to get their asses out of bed for school or whatever. So to do that, and then cook for them too, seems like rewarding them. Just my opinion

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't see her making breakfast except on the day that Jeremy was leaving.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And I love seeing the Madonna Inn. My husband and I stayed there for a couple of nights of our honeymoon, many moons ago.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Zach has only one obstacle holding him back- LAZINESS!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Agree! And he has 2 of the best examples of hard working (little) people as his parents.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love the Madonna Inn.. was hoping the guys would discover the urinals in the men's room at the gas station nearby, assuming that is still there.. yes I have seen them :-)

And I knew exactly what Matt was thinking as he looked at all those crazy rooms ..

I enjoyed the episode and certainly shed a few tears along with them..Jeremy can be lazy and he can be SO articuate. Zach will have his time, I think. The contrast is there but there are lots of young guys his age not working, not going to school, out partying, drinking.. so he's doing well to some extent.

Little brother sure is growing up, too.

Molly is an amazing young woman.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched last night too. Two moments just grabbed my heart, first was the tire swing going back up and seeing the insert vids of the kids swinging on it when they were younger. Second was at the end when Matt broke down in tears over Jeremy leaving home for college. I could connect with that moment as a parent.

Sia

03-10-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I loved the update. I guess I was a bit surprised that Matt and Amy are still together. They seemed headed for divorce when their series ended. I think it's nice that they've weathered the storms. Would enjoy seeing much more of them! I cried when Matt was so choked up.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Is this show still on? I quit watching it when it looked like they were headed for divorce. I couldn't stand to watch another reality couple split up.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Zach has a part-time job and he's going to Community College, so he's making strides. His indecision might have to do with his size. I think he's afraid to leave his area. It's easier for Jeremy as he is average sized. Yes, Zach isn't as motivated, but I do think there is more to this story.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
ITA Twiggy.. Zach's life is very different from Jeremy's.. He's a lot more reserved and self concious than his brother, he's got a spot light on him from having grown up on TV, he's struggled in school and he's had his health issues..
It was a lovely update, very touching.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don't buy that due to Zach's size is why he's lazy and not motivated and still living at home in a pig sty of his childhood bedroom. That is a slap to every person with any sort of disability. Zach has had every advantage life could offer. And yet at age 20/21 years old he's still moping around his parents home. Laziness is a non discriminatory ailment.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I agree wholeheartedly Lilfair. That kid needs a firecracker shoved up his butt. He has been a lazy little (u know what) since this show started. I also think that Jacob is lazy too. But I do think a lot of it is Amy's fault. She never made them pick up after themselves at all. Heck, she doesn;t even pick up after herself. they are all a bunch of slobs with that house except for the poor Dad. to me he at least tries to have it neat but heck, she won't let a cleaning lady come in, what the heck is he to do.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I thought Zach seemed conflicted. He knows he should get motivated and start making plans moving forward in his life, but isn't sure how to go about it.

The fact that the twins room is a "pig sty" isn't surprising when you look at the state of the rest of the house. Amy gives new meaning to the definition of a poor housekeeper. LOL

It was a touching episode.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I'm not the only one on the lazy Zach bandwagon! I grew up with pretty much nothing, but we were made to keep our nothing picked up. We had to make our beds, put our clothes in the dresser drawers or on hangers, and we weren't allowed to hang posters and such on our walls. We had a rumpus room for playing, but even that had to be at least semi-neat.

Sometimes I see kids today with SO much, and honestly, I'm not sure they appreciate their things as much as we did because we didn't have a lot.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Love the Roloffs. As my BFF's mom used to say, 'We can't all be a pan of biscuits.'. Everything else aside, Amy and Matt raised great kids. When Jeremy said out of life he wanted to be a blessing to people...that was good enough for me.

I'll be looking forward to future updates.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I DID NOT say his disability is why he is lazy or that is an excuse. Please read what I said again. I said it's POSSIBLE he doesn't want to leave because he is not average sized. We aren't in his shoes so how can we make a statement like that. Also, his room is like thousands of kids rooms. Trust me in this day and age parents pick their arguments. All those kids are growing up with great morals and they all seem to be very nice and honest kids. They aren't hanging out doing drugs or joining gangs.
Zach does work and he does go to school. Plus, he helps his dad sometimes. So, it may not be the ideal situation compared to his brother, but he is doing something.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Great morals????? how many DUI's has his father gotten? How many times did Zachs parents belittle one another in front of the kids. Zach was spoiled by his mother from day one. That is a major reason he's a complete useless, slob, unmotivated adult at age 21. If someone thinks he's still at home because his indecision might have to do with his size or if someone thinks he's afraid to leave his area or and that it's easier for Jeremy as he is average sized...well I would think that person is making excuses because of his handicap. That's the way I see it.

There are far worse handicapped people than Zach who at age 21 years old make life plans to enter the adult world and they even manage to pick up after themselves in lieu of living in filthy mess.

Zach being a slacker has nothing to do with his height.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the update episode. I think Jeremy will just love Santa Barbara -- great college town. I'm not surprised at all that Matt and Amy are still togther. I think they will continue to work it out, each having their own charities and work they do. As for Zach, I really can see him just staying on, taking over the farm as a default. He has never shown much motivation. Some kids never do.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I guess being around teenagers on a daily basis I do see the better qualities in Zach. A messy room doesn't make for a bad kid. I'd rather have a "slob" for a child who is honest, kind, has good character than any perfect Stepford type one. Brenda, I think the same thing. Zach is going to end up with his dad's business.

His father made a mistake and he paid for it. I say his parents are good role models. They go for their dreams and they accomplish them. They made sure their children were well educated by sending them to private school. So what?? Amy's house isn't perfect. I think passing judgment on someone based on their housekeeping is really going too far.
As I keep saying, Zach IS going to school. It's community college. He is taking classes. He has a job. He's just not Jeremy.

I love this family with all their quirks and faults.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
It was hard to count how many times Zach's plans for the future was brought up to him. It really got irritating. All that was missing was Rocky giving him the third degree.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
What I think the show could have show that may have swayed some of us the other way (to NOT thinking Zach is lazy etc) is if they had actually discussed things, they should have shown us.

So we were left believing that Zach wants to coach soccer, but there doesn't seem to be any plan in place for him to actually achieve this goal. There were no follow-up discussions shown (did they happen or not?) such as, "o.k., so you want to coach soccer, great! Have you looked into or why don't we look into what you need to do to get there. Do you know what is needed to coach? Are you talking children, teens, college aged players? Why don't we talk to some coaches and see if maybe a degree in Phys Ed will help you achieve what you want". Anything like that would have made me feel like there was an effort being made on Zach's part to figure out how to get where he says he wants to be. When he basically shut down whenever any future plans were talked about, it just made me feel like he really wasn't willing to put in the effort.

Yes, bravo for attending community college! It's a start. I never heard what his major was, did anyone else?

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Good point. Again, I think he's almost afraid to leave the nest. Yes, I agree that he isn't motivated. I think what would help is a gentle push from the parents to get out. I think Amy could help Zach find a place near home. On the other hand they may be trying to help him and keep him in college by letting him live at home. A lot of kids are forced to stay home later in life these days.
It's possible Zach will see the show and get the hint that he needs to make plans.